Holy Shit, Darat Has Gone Mad

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
User avatar
Moochie
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Moochie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:
xouper wrote:It's a shame Darat, Upchurch, and Luciana didn't have that form to use back in 2004 when I posted something on the SC forum that gave them some butthurt. Instead they retaliated by banning me from their playground, even though I had quit playing on it six months prior. All because they couldn't handle a little butthurt from something I posted on SC. Silly people.



Do tell.


Yes, please do tell. I joined in August 2005 so I'm not privy to things that happened before then.


M.

User avatar
hammegk
Posts: 15134
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:16 pm
Title: Curmudgeon
Location: Hither, sometimes Yon
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Post by hammegk » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Moochie wrote:
JEROME DA GNOME wrote:
xouper wrote:It's a shame Darat, Upchurch, and Luciana didn't have that form to use back in 2004 when I posted something on the SC forum that gave them some butthurt. Instead they retaliated by banning me from their playground, even though I had quit playing on it six months prior. All because they couldn't handle a little butthurt from something I posted on SC. Silly people.



Do tell.


Yes, please do tell. I joined in August 2005 so I'm not privy to things that happened before then.


M.

Indeed. Why not spew bullshit anyway?
The most important things in life–beauty, grace, redemption, compassion, loyalty, love–are beyond the reach of reason. Which doesn’t make them any less real. Stay far back: I'm allergic to Stupid.

The simple rule, the greatest plan, that he should keep who has the power, and he should take who can.

The only enemies of guns: rust ... and politicians.

Philanthropist (n.) - Someone who spends his own money to advance his version of Utopia. Socialist (n.) - Someone who spends your money to advance his version of Utopia.

“Jesus loves the little cheeses, all the cheeses of the world. Swiss and Cheddar, stinky, too. If He loved them, so should you. Jesus loves the little cheeses of the world.”

I'm right 98% of the time; who cares about the other 3%?

User avatar
Moochie
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Moochie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 pm

hammegk wrote:
clarsct wrote:I also wondered whatever happened to Merc...


Mercutio? Still there as a poster.


Indeed, he is. His reasons for leaving the moderation to others would probably be similar to mine. I recently posted in FM that I would kill the no-swearing rule, get rid of Rule 11, and generally ignore most if not all reports. I'd probably get rid of the "ignore" feature, too. I don't consider any of these features necessary in a "skeptical forum" of all places.


M.

User avatar
Luke T.
Posts: 27062
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Nowhere near Pakistan

Post by Luke T. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Moochie wrote:I'm only too well aware of why people criticize the moderation and moderators at JREF, there are plenty of lively and robust discussions ongoing even as I type this. All I'm saying is that I have a different opinion to many of the anti-JREF folk here, and that to my mind no one's made a compelling case to justify the vitriol people come here to unload.


M.


The JREF forum arrived at the ridiculous level of censorship it is at today in increments. And every baby step along the way, we were assured "it was always that way". And then when it was obvious to even the most thickheaded it was not always this way, then it became "this is for the good of the community". But you will still see Darat insist certain censorship actions have been the norm for years. There were also very poorly constructed lies passed off as the reasons for the censorship, the more well-known being the "schools and libraries" farce.

Perhaps the most insidious act of cowardice was the hush-hush and indirect implication that they were all just humoring Randi until he died, and then they would lighten up on the censorship.

Those of us who have been on that forum since its birth, or anyone who knows how to think critically, know better. And we know more than the average bear because at least a couple of us were mods or had access to the behind the scenes bullshit that was going on during Hal's regime.

Hal had every intention of killing the JREF forum. He made it quite plain to us mods and tried to keep it under wraps until it was a fait accompli. Hal revealed his true nature back there.

And that is pretty much when I snapped. I make no bones about being foaming at the mouth mad over the whole thing. I freely admit I lost my mind over and have not been the same since.

Darat is screwing up the forum. The more rules he makes up on the fly, and the more written rules they have, the more inconsistent and idiotic their behavior. They have cultured whole squads of informants and syncophants. Defenders of the Realm.

Perhaps the biggest joke of all is the idea of "civility" there. My god, that is too funny. Are they deluded?

I mean textbook deluded. Seriously. Do they really think it is one bit more civil than the day De_Bunk made his glorious entrance there in December 2001?

So what is the whole point of their efforts? Talk about an exercise in futility.

The splitting of topics has to be the absolute stupidest thing they do.

There are too many there now who are too dense to understand the actual issue. They think it is about potty mouths and slinging poo. Talk about missing the forest for the trees!
[size=75]"it seems you don't believe how your enviroment of smells affects for a young ones.how many young girl are are in just involved in porn industry just because of lack of natural smells" - pillory (7/13/02)[/size]

I [size=167]♣[/size]69dodge

User avatar
Luke T.
Posts: 27062
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Nowhere near Pakistan

Post by Luke T. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Oh, and fuck.
[size=75]"it seems you don't believe how your enviroment of smells affects for a young ones.how many young girl are are in just involved in porn industry just because of lack of natural smells" - pillory (7/13/02)[/size]

I [size=167]♣[/size]69dodge

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 21766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Post by gnome » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Moochie wrote:
hammegk wrote:
clarsct wrote:I also wondered whatever happened to Merc...


Mercutio? Still there as a poster.


Indeed, he is. His reasons for leaving the moderation to others would probably be similar to mine. I recently posted in FM that I would kill the no-swearing rule, get rid of Rule 11, and generally ignore most if not all reports. I'd probably get rid of the "ignore" feature, too. I don't consider any of these features necessary in a "skeptical forum" of all places.


M.


Sounds like here, except for the ignore feature, which isn't really a moderation issue. :D
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Luke T. wrote:Oh, and fuck.


Why did Hal want to kill the forum?

User avatar
Luke T.
Posts: 27062
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Nowhere near Pakistan

Post by Luke T. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Folks,

This thread is a very dramatic, very clear example of why I feel the forum no longer advances the JREF agenda. The total and complete misunderstanding of your rights on this forum, combined with relentless irresponsible posting, makes me hard pressed to find a reason why this forum should continue.

The Administrator took exactly the correct action. This is not your local newspaper, nor your own community chat room. This is the privately run, privately owned James Randi Educational Foundation forum. It exists *ONLY* to serve the goals of that organization.

Recently, I did a statisical analysis of posts across all the sub-fora. The data showed that between 95% and 97% of the posts had nothing to do with the JREF mission at all. Yet we have continued to operate this forum, feeling that there is some value in having a place where skeptics and non skeptics can gather. I, as a member of the JREF Board of Directors, now publically state that I feel the forum is a net loss for the JREF in terms of reputation and character.

Should the forum continue in this manner, you may assume there will be dramatic changes in the not too distant future. I have been forced to monitor the forum due to ongoing legal issues, and believe it to be in steady decline, in spite of the superb work of the Admin, Dep Admins, and Moderators. If you want this forum to go away, keep up the type of nonsense and whining demonstrated here.

Hal Bidlack
Director
James Randi Educational Foundation
[size=75]"it seems you don't believe how your enviroment of smells affects for a young ones.how many young girl are are in just involved in porn industry just because of lack of natural smells" - pillory (7/13/02)[/size]

I [size=167]♣[/size]69dodge

User avatar
skeptica
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:58 pm
Been thanked: 12 times

Post by skeptica » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Luke T. wrote:Folks,

This thread is a very dramatic, very clear example of why I feel the forum no longer advances the JREF agenda. The total and complete misunderstanding of your rights on this forum, combined with relentless irresponsible posting, makes me hard pressed to find a reason why this forum should continue.

The Administrator took exactly the correct action. This is not your local newspaper, nor your own community chat room. This is the privately run, privately owned James Randi Educational Foundation forum. It exists *ONLY* to serve the goals of that organization.

Recently, I did a statisical analysis of posts across all the sub-fora. The data showed that between 95% and 97% of the posts had nothing to do with the JREF mission at all. Yet we have continued to operate this forum, feeling that there is some value in having a place where skeptics and non skeptics can gather. I, as a member of the JREF Board of Directors, now publically state that I feel the forum is a net loss for the JREF in terms of reputation and character.

Should the forum continue in this manner, you may assume there will be dramatic changes in the not too distant future. I have been forced to monitor the forum due to ongoing legal issues, and believe it to be in steady decline, in spite of the superb work of the Admin, Dep Admins, and Moderators. If you want this forum to go away, keep up the type of nonsense and whining demonstrated here.

Hal Bidlack
Director
James Randi Educational Foundation


Luke,

I'm not understanding something here. Is this a recent posting from Hal? It just sounds like the old "97%" comment that he had made many years ago when we were both on the JREF Forum which led to the creation of SC.

If it is a recent posting, I'm stunned. How dare he presume to control and put his stamp on the JREF organization! Is Randi too sick to notice or care? Has he become a figurehead while other people just associate themselves with his organization to further their own agendas? Are people just rolling over and taking this in the *ss?

G6

CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:31 pm

skeptica wrote:
Luke T. wrote:Folks,

This thread is a very dramatic, very clear example of why I feel the forum no longer advances the JREF agenda. The total and complete misunderstanding of your rights on this forum, combined with relentless irresponsible posting, makes me hard pressed to find a reason why this forum should continue.

The Administrator took exactly the correct action. This is not your local newspaper, nor your own community chat room. This is the privately run, privately owned James Randi Educational Foundation forum. It exists *ONLY* to serve the goals of that organization.

Recently, I did a statisical analysis of posts across all the sub-fora. The data showed that between 95% and 97% of the posts had nothing to do with the JREF mission at all. Yet we have continued to operate this forum, feeling that there is some value in having a place where skeptics and non skeptics can gather. I, as a member of the JREF Board of Directors, now publically state that I feel the forum is a net loss for the JREF in terms of reputation and character.

Should the forum continue in this manner, you may assume there will be dramatic changes in the not too distant future. I have been forced to monitor the forum due to ongoing legal issues, and believe it to be in steady decline, in spite of the superb work of the Admin, Dep Admins, and Moderators. If you want this forum to go away, keep up the type of nonsense and whining demonstrated here.

Hal Bidlack
Director
James Randi Educational Foundation


Luke,

I'm not understanding something here. Is this a recent posting from Hal? It just sounds like the old "97%" comment that he had made many years ago when we were both on the JREF Forum which led to the creation of SC.

If it is a recent posting, I'm stunned. How dare he presume to control and put his stamp on the JREF organization! Is Randi too sick to notice or care? Has he become a figurehead while other people just associate themselves with his organization to further their own agendas? Are people just rolling over and taking this in the *ss?

G6



That's an old one.

User avatar
Ted
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Bay Area, California

Post by Ted » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:31 pm

ed wrote:Funny stuff. Why do you bother Luke?

User avatar
skeptica
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:58 pm
Been thanked: 12 times

Post by skeptica » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:32 pm

CHARLEY_BIGTIME wrote:That's an old one.


Thanks for clarifying that, Charley!

G6

User avatar
Luke T.
Posts: 27062
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Nowhere near Pakistan

Post by Luke T. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:34 pm

skeptica wrote:
Luke T. wrote:Folks,

This thread is a very dramatic, very clear example of why I feel the forum no longer advances the JREF agenda. The total and complete misunderstanding of your rights on this forum, combined with relentless irresponsible posting, makes me hard pressed to find a reason why this forum should continue.

The Administrator took exactly the correct action. This is not your local newspaper, nor your own community chat room. This is the privately run, privately owned James Randi Educational Foundation forum. It exists *ONLY* to serve the goals of that organization.

Recently, I did a statisical analysis of posts across all the sub-fora. The data showed that between 95% and 97% of the posts had nothing to do with the JREF mission at all. Yet we have continued to operate this forum, feeling that there is some value in having a place where skeptics and non skeptics can gather. I, as a member of the JREF Board of Directors, now publically state that I feel the forum is a net loss for the JREF in terms of reputation and character.

Should the forum continue in this manner, you may assume there will be dramatic changes in the not too distant future. I have been forced to monitor the forum due to ongoing legal issues, and believe it to be in steady decline, in spite of the superb work of the Admin, Dep Admins, and Moderators. If you want this forum to go away, keep up the type of nonsense and whining demonstrated here.

Hal Bidlack
Director
James Randi Educational Foundation


Luke,

I'm not understanding something here. Is this a recent posting from Hal? It just sounds like the old "97%" comment that he had made many years ago when we were both on the JREF Forum which led to the creation of SC.

If it is a recent posting, I'm stunned. How dare he presume to control and put his stamp on the JREF organization! Is Randi too sick to notice or care? Has he become a figurehead while other people just associate themselves with his organization to further their own agendas? Are people just rolling over and taking this in the *ss?

G6


Somebody asked why Hal wanted to kill the forum.
[size=75]"it seems you don't believe how your enviroment of smells affects for a young ones.how many young girl are are in just involved in porn industry just because of lack of natural smells" - pillory (7/13/02)[/size]

I [size=167]♣[/size]69dodge

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66432
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3187 times
Been thanked: 2017 times

Post by Doctor X » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Moochie wrote:Yes, and I'll bet name-calling is the strongest weapon in your skeptical armory.


You wear the garments you knit.

Unhappy with your appearance? You have only yourself to blame.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66432
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3187 times
Been thanked: 2017 times

Post by Doctor X » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Luke T. wrote:
skeptica wrote:
Luke T. wrote:Folks,

This thread is a very dramatic, very clear example of why I feel the forum no longer advances the JREF agenda. The total and complete misunderstanding of your rights on this forum, combined with relentless irresponsible posting, makes me hard pressed to find a reason why this forum should continue.

The Administrator took exactly the correct action. This is not your local newspaper, nor your own community chat room. This is the privately run, privately owned James Randi Educational Foundation forum. It exists *ONLY* to serve the goals of that organization.

Recently, I did a statisical analysis of posts across all the sub-fora. The data showed that between 95% and 97% of the posts had nothing to do with the JREF mission at all. Yet we have continued to operate this forum, feeling that there is some value in having a place where skeptics and non skeptics can gather. I, as a member of the JREF Board of Directors, now publically state that I feel the forum is a net loss for the JREF in terms of reputation and character.

Should the forum continue in this manner, you may assume there will be dramatic changes in the not too distant future. I have been forced to monitor the forum due to ongoing legal issues, and believe it to be in steady decline, in spite of the superb work of the Admin, Dep Admins, and Moderators. If you want this forum to go away, keep up the type of nonsense and whining demonstrated here.

Hal Bidlack
Director
James Randi Educational Foundation


Luke,

I'm not understanding something here. Is this a recent posting from Hal? It just sounds like the old "97%" comment that he had made many years ago when we were both on the JREF Forum which led to the creation of SC.

If it is a recent posting, I'm stunned. How dare he presume to control and put his stamp on the JREF organization! Is Randi too sick to notice or care? Has he become a figurehead while other people just associate themselves with his organization to further their own agendas? Are people just rolling over and taking this in the *ss?

G6


Somebody asked why Hal wanted to kill the forum.


A Sycophant wanted to re-write history in the best "skeptical" tradition we have all come to expect from THERE.

Unfortunately, like dealing with Holocaust Deniers, you have to repeatedly re-invent the wheel numerous times redundantly.

In the rain.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8114
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Post by xouper » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:07 am

Moochie wrote:Yes, my opinion, and worth as much as yours, and as well informed as anyone here.

That is clearly false, especially since you admit you don't know what happened before you joined JREF in 2005.

You say you understand the bulleted points I made, yet everything I've seen both here and there suggests to me that your "understanding" is deficient. And you haven't made a case to show how "irrelevant" they are to the criticism of Darat or anyone else.

You are calling MY understanding "deficient"?

:lmao:

What planet are YOU from?

No, I have not made my case recently. You missed it because you weren't even on the forums (here and there) when I did. So when you accuse me (and others ) of not having made our case, it merely reveals how little you know about it.

What Luke posted is a short overview but doesn't even come close to explaining all the shit that went down over the years.

Those bulleted points you made have been made by others long before you came around and we are all well aware of them. Old news. Really really old news. You say them as if you think you are telling us something we don't already know, but all you've done is reveal yourself as a clueless n00b.

You come here and mouth off about something you clearly know little about. So, no, your opinion about what happened is nowhere near as good as mine, or Luke's, or Cool Hand, or Pyrrho, or any number of other people who were there and you were not.

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 21766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Post by gnome » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:16 am

* Moderators and administrators are volunteers

* The JREF forum belongs to the JREF, ie, Mr. Randi

* The JREF forum rules are Mr. Randi's rules.


These bullet points? You're asking why they're irrelevant?

You'll notice I addressed their relevance, but you didn't respond.

Tell me how the fact that Darat is a volunteer is relevant to criticism of his moderation decisions...

Tell me how the fact that the JREF belongs to Mr. Randi is relevant to criticism of the forum's rules...
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Mulebear
Posts: 11041
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:46 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Post by Mulebear » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 am

Why do I get the feeling that we should start referring to Randi as Old Major...?
I [img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/mulebear/smilies/heart_icon.jpg[/img] Sonoma Bear

Recently someone accused me of being insensitive. And I thought, how did this fat bitch get her wheelchair up the stairs to my house?

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66432
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3187 times
Been thanked: 2017 times

Post by Doctor X » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 am

Mulebear wrote:Why do I get the feeling that we should start referring to Randi as Old Major...?


Mulebear wins.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Moochie
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Moochie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Luke T. wrote:Folks,

This thread is a very dramatic, very clear example of why I feel the forum no longer advances the JREF agenda. The total and complete misunderstanding of your rights on this forum, combined with relentless irresponsible posting, makes me hard pressed to find a reason why this forum should continue.

The Administrator took exactly the correct action. This is not your local newspaper, nor your own community chat room. This is the privately run, privately owned James Randi Educational Foundation forum. It exists *ONLY* to serve the goals of that organization.

Recently, I did a statisical analysis of posts across all the sub-fora. The data showed that between 95% and 97% of the posts had nothing to do with the JREF mission at all. Yet we have continued to operate this forum, feeling that there is some value in having a place where skeptics and non skeptics can gather. I, as a member of the JREF Board of Directors, now publically state that I feel the forum is a net loss for the JREF in terms of reputation and character.

Should the forum continue in this manner, you may assume there will be dramatic changes in the not too distant future. I have been forced to monitor the forum due to ongoing legal issues, and believe it to be in steady decline, in spite of the superb work of the Admin, Dep Admins, and Moderators. If you want this forum to go away, keep up the type of nonsense and whining demonstrated here.

Hal Bidlack
Director
James Randi Educational Foundation



Yes, I think Hal may have been a "legend in his own lunchtime." I was critical of his "letter to Montel Williams," but I can't be arsed looking for the link right now. The guy seemed an arsehole to me, and I'd say the same at the JREF forums if allowed the language.

But this is besides the point, IMO. I'm OK with the rules at the JREF as they stand, and how they're applied today.

Regarding your response to Senex's post, I have to say that I thought you suffered a total meltdown. The way I read it, you were being given good advice -- it had fuck all to do with threatening your family in any way. Did you simply misread Senex's post, or are you a complete psychopath? Your other posts here tend to belie the latter, so I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt.

I won't comment on your beef with Darat, except to say that judging from your output here, I tend to be 20-80 in Darat's favor on the truth of the matter, given that I wasn't around these forums before August 2005.



M.