Netflix

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
gnome

Re:

Postby gnome » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:30 pm

gnome wrote:
Component cable out from video card on computer, to component input of TV.
Y-connector from output jack of sound card to Red/White audio input of TV.
A few adjustments to the graphics properties (NVidia has controls just for this sort of thing) and I'm good to go! I set mine to progressive scan, sacrificing some resolution in favor of better motion capture. 720p on a 37" LCD isn't bad at all. It's a bit of a resource hog though, multitasking is out of the question at least on my platform.

One problem I've had playing video FILES instead of netflix, is that some of them are too quiet even with the player's volume maxed, the Windows volume maxed, and the television's volume maxed. Solution: VLC Player has a volume booster.

I don't have the problem with netflix.

XBox One console to HDMI input of TV.

Done.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Return to “Banter”