Japan

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Japan

Postby Doctor X » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Witness

Postby Witness » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 am

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:50 am

Witness wrote:
Japan sumo champion Harumafuji charged with assault

[blah…]

Harumafuji's assault on fellow Mongolian Takanoiwa happened while they were out drinking with other wrestlers in a bar in the western city of Tottori in October.

The grand champion is reported to have been angered that his countryman was checking his phone while being given advice. The latter was admitted to hospital with concussion and a fractured skull.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42502080

The young ones don't know their place anymore. :roll:

I don't much follow Sumo these days, but this story has been impossible to avoid because it's been all over the news.

Harumafuji is out of Sumo, even though he was a yokozuna. But there have been secondary scandals:

Sumo body looks to demote stablemaster Takanohana over Harumafuji scandal

Takanohana is a former yokozuna and also one of the most popular sumo wrestlers of all time in Japan.

The Japan Sumo Association on Thursday recommended that sumo elder Takanohana be removed from his post as director, asking that he be demoted over his role in the assault scandal that led to the retirement of grand champion Harumafuji.

A decision on Takanohana’s punishment was postponed once again the same day, despite the JSA’s attempts to shake off the scandal that has seen the image of the ancient sport again tarnished, and is expected to be finalized after the Jan. 4 board of councilors meeting.

The JSA plans to take punitive action over Takanohana’s failure to promptly report the incident, in which Takanoiwa — a wrestler from his stable— was beaten by fellow Mongolian Harumafuji during a regional tour in late October.

Takanohana, 45, is likely to be demoted two ranks within the organization, leaving him at the board member level.

He had also been criticized within sumo circles for his refusal to cooperate with the investigation by the JSA crisis management panel until he made himself available for an interview last Monday.

The punishment also reflects his decision to not allow the association to interview Takanoiwa until Dec. 18.

Instead, he filed a report on the assault with local police in the city of Tottori days after the incident, which took place at a bar in the city on the night of Oct. 25.

Harumafuji ended his 17-year career in November after admitting to the assault. Takanoiwa, who was a rank-and-file top flight maegashira wrestler, had to sit out the entire 15-day Kyushu tournament due to his injuries and has been demoted to the second-tier division for the New Year tourney in January.

In early December Tottori police referred Harumafuji to prosecutors, recommending he be indicted for striking Takanoiwa with his bare hands and a karaoke machine remote control and inflicting a head injury that required stitches.

On Thursday, a summary indictment was filed against Harumafuji for assaulting Takanoiwa, sources close to the matter said.

Harumafuji had been referred to prosecutors on suspicion of injuring Takanoiwa.

On Nov. 29, weeks after the scandal surfaced, Harumafuji announced his retirement, bringing an end to his career.

Based on a report by its crisis management panel, the JSA penalized yokozuna Hakuho and Kakuryu, who were present at the scene of the bar fight, with pay cuts for failing to intervene and stop the altercation. Sumo elder Isegahama, stablemaster of Harumafuji, resigned from the JSA board.

Takanohana, whose real name is Koji Hanada, is known for helping sumo gain popularity during much of his active wrestling career, along with his elder brother Wakanohana, in the 1990s through the early 2000s.

Takanohana earned 22 tournament victories, sixth on the all-time list, while setting a number of records including becoming the youngest wrestler to win a top-division title at 19 years and five months. He retired in 2003.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 am

"Two fat boys in the playground fighting over a chocolate."

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 am

"Harumafuji is out of Sumo, even though he was a yokozuna. "

Now THAT is authentic frontier gibberish.
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:42 am

Japanese invention lets you share your baby’s bowel movements online with the push of a button

The Unko Button is a palm-sized box that records your baby’s bowel movements at the touch of a button, instantly sharing the announcement through popular messaging app Line with the members of the chat group you’ve designated to receive the news.

The name of the Unko Button is slightly misleading, as the box actually has two buttons on it, one to record bowel movements and one for urination. The developers say that the Unko Button is great for busy parents who want to track their infant’s digestive functions, but don’t have the time to stop and record each poop or pee expulsion. In addition to Line notifications, the Unko Button records, in an online app, the exact date and time of the button press, whether your baby pooed or peed, and even lets you write memos regarding color, consistency, and the child’s mood.

Are we doomed as a species already? (If it's not a hoax, of course.)
https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/12/29/japanese-invention-lets-you-share-your-babys-bowel-movements-online-with-the-push-of-a-button/

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 pm

pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:25 am

There seems to be a "thing" in mainstream manga and anime--I defer to Anax on "Loli-hentai"--for curry.

That particular character insists her students learn to cook it and takes yearly pilgrimages to India. Male and female characters like their curry. I think it is because the spice is so different from Japanese Original food. Not as bad a English food--the Japanese Original have wasabi. And KFC.

I digress.

The Japanese love to change the Japanese Originals to give their own takes on them. One nice thing about RocketNews is they review how transplanted 'murican franchises like Starbucks and even McDonalds offer some interesting takes.

--J.D.

P.S. [Edited since Photobucket apparently suffer'd from the vapors.--Ed.]
Last edited by Doctor X on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 am

Looks a little icky, but what's in it?

Litvak style borsht with sour cream is that color if you stir it up. :Hungry2:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 am

I suppose beets could make it that color.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Litvak style borsht with sour cream is that color if you stir it up. :Hungry2:
:drool:

@ Anax: bingo!

The pink curry is called "Pink Karei". Its colour comes from red beet.
[…]
The blue curry is called "Slime curry". The Slime is from the video game "Dragon Quest" (Onegai kaeru team featured the Blue Slime meat bun in the past too.). Blue colour is from "Blue No.1 (aka Brilliant Blue FCF)" […]

Is there a Japanese "curry mythology", mysterious West and all that?

I'm thinking of:

:mrgreen:

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:37 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Looks a little icky, but what's in it?

Litvak style borsht with sour cream is that color if you stir it up. :Hungry2:

Fair point, although borscht will have a more vibrant color.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:02 am

Have to confess I fucking hate beets, but that is a nice presentation.

Back to . . . Japan!

. . .

. . .

. . . fuck the "Girl with Weird Obi," "the Girl Who Wished Us a Merry Christmas" returns:

and . . . does . . . something!

Boobs!

--J. "Because . . . Boobs!" D.

P.S.
To see her performance, you have to go to another thread.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 pm

First Sumo, now kayaking.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20180109_80/

A Japanese kayak racer who drugged a rival at a national championship event has been banned from competing for 8 years.

Yasuhiro Suzuki, 32, was penalized after he admitted he drugged a fellow competitor at the competition in Ishikawa prefecture last September.

His disqualification by the Japan Anti-Doping Agency was announced by the Japan Canoe Federation on Tuesday.

Federation officials said Suzuki put a banned muscle-strengthening substance into a drink belonging to Seiji Komatsu.

Komatsu drank the beverage and tested positive in a doping test after the competition. But he denied taking drugs, prompting the federation to investigate.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 am

This is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNlOVdTQEIM

I am not sure I agree with the removal. Exposure, yes.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 am

Doctor X wrote:This is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNlOVdTQEIM

I am not sure I agree with the removal. Exposure, yes.

--J.D.

What a fucking ass (Logan Paul of course, not Yuta, Yuta is cool). The very definition of The Ugly American acting like an ass in another country.
If ever there was a jerk whose rude behavior merited an ass kicking, that is it.

Never watched him before, no interest in starting now. I did see the headlines about his video but didn't really bother to read the whole story. Really obnoxious.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:57 am

Same here on his videos--the Cunt Paul Logan.

Per what Yuta shows, this guy is basically the personification of a "douche-bag." Add a spray tan and he could have been cast in Jersey Shore. Every culture has them and secretly hopes they end up disemboweled, cannibalized, and what is left made into quality footwear.

As for having his channel shut down, I prefer his exposure over censorship. Unfortunately, douche bags tend to attract other douche bags so I am not sure he will lose anything.

I hope I am wrong.

--J.D.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Doctor X wrote:Same here on his videos--the Cunt Paul Logan.

Per what Yuta shows, this guy is basically the personification of a "douche-bag." Add a spray tan and he could have been cast in Jersey Shore. Every culture has them and secretly hopes they end up disemboweled, cannibalized, and what is left made into quality footwear flip-flops.

As for having his channel shut down, I prefer his exposure over censorship. Unfortunately, douche bags tend to attract other douche bags so I am not sure he will lose anything.

I hope I am wrong.

--J.D.

fify
- new minimalist ethos -

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Return to “Banter”