The Utterly Fashionable "Nyarl was RIGHT!" Thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The Utterly Fashionable "Nyarl was RIGHT!" Thread

Post by Doctor X » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Ah Thanksgiving!

Time to thank Big Daddy for hunting Native Americans to extinction your Commodore Game Cube and having to listen to Uncle Earl blame "the Hip Hop" for the country's "lack of moral fiber!"

Nothing renews my faith in a Benevolent Universe quite like a pre-teen anti-gun violence advocate being killed . . . by gun violence!
"We are in a state of chaos. In the city in which I live, I hear and see examples of chaos almost every day. Little children are victims of senseless gun violence..."

Two years ago, 11-year-old Milwaukee schoolgirl Sandra Parks wrote these words in an award-winning essay about the murders in her city.

On Monday night, aged 13, she was shot by a stray bullet fired into her home.

Her frantic family called 911, but Sandra died at the scene.

The girl's mother, Bernice Parks, told police she had gone to bed early while her children watched TV. She woke to the sound of gunshots shortly before 20:00, and found her daughter bleeding on the floor.

"She said, 'Momma, I'm shot. Call the police,'" Ms Parks told TV station WITI. "I looked at her. She didn't cry. She wasn't hollering. She was just so peaceful... She didn't deserve to leave this world like that."

Bugger'd by Colonists
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:32 am

Witness wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:18 am
Tanzania to hunt down homosexuals, beginning this week

[snip]
https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/258 ... -this-week
Complement:
The Canadian missionary connection to Tanzania’s homophobia

Canadians should express their solidarity with Tanzanians facing politically inspired homophobia. But, we must also be suspicious of journalism that ignores Canadian complicity in the promotion of anti-gay ideology.
[…]
While raising the subject of “Canadian aid”, the Globe and CBC both ignored how this country’s “assistance” to the region has, in fact, fostered the social conservatism that the stories bemoan. For example, while the Stephen Harper Conservative government was in power international aid funding for religious NGOs increased substantially. In an MA thesis titled “Canadian Foreign Aid and the Christian Right: Stephen Harper, Abortion, and the Global Culture Wars in Sub-Saharan Africa, 2006-2015” Erin Jex details Ottawa’s support for socially conservative forces on the continent. In a high-profile example Crossroads Christian Communications, an Ontario group that listed “homosexuality” with pedophilia and bestiality as a “sin” and “perversion”, was granted more than half a million dollars for a project in Tanzania’s neighbour Uganda.

But Canada’s contribution to social conservatism in Tanzania goes back over a century. During the 100th anniversary of Tanzania’s St. Philip Theological College in 2014 Ontario Anglican Reverend Gary Badcock claimed homosexuality was a “first world” problem and that homosexuals would steal their children.
Lots of links on the page: https://yvesengler.com/2018/11/21/the-c ... omophobia/

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Perpetual Disappointments Calendar

https://design-milk.com/the-updated-per ... uragement/

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:31 am

Jury decision affirmed in favor of homeopathy sellers

The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has affirmed a jury verdict in a consumer class action deceptive advertising case in favor of Boiron Inc. and Boiron USA, Inc., the sellers of Oscillococcinum, a homeopathic product marketed for the relief of colds and flu-like symptoms. In the jury trial, the plaintiff argued that the product was essentially water resulting from homeopathic dilution sprayed on sugar, but the jury was persuaded by Boiron's anecdotes, clinical studies, and expert testimony that it is effective and therefore Boiron did not violate California's laws against deceptive advertising. The Appeals Court ruled that Boiron presented sufficient evidence from which the jury could have concluded that Oscillococcinum actually works and that a battle of plaintiff's versus defendants' experts could not be relitigated upon appeal. [Ninth Circuit affirms jury verdict in favor of homeopathic remedy for flu-like symptoms. The National Law Review. Nov 27, 2018] Boiron had previously settled two class-action lawsuits but new ones persuaded it to go to trial. [Consumer suits after trial led Boiron to go to trial. Bloomberg BNA, July 27, 2016] Ocillicoccinum is prepared by incubating small amounts of a freshly killed duck's liver and heart for 40 days. The resultant solution is then filtered, freeze-dried, rehydrated, repeatedly diluted, and impregnated into sugar granules. The dilution is so great that the finished product cannot contain its alleged "active ingredient," which means that no amount of research can prove that it is effective. [Barrett S. Homeopathy: The ultimate fake. Quackwatch, Aug 25, 2016] However, this point was apparently beyond the jury's understanding.

QuackWatch
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 am

Caveat emptor I guess.

(Although caveat emptor is not the principle used by the FDA to approve drugs.)

I don't know why homeopathy is exempt from FDA approval.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 am
Caveat emptor I guess.

(Although caveat emptor is not the principle used by the FDA to approve drugs.)

I don't know why homeopathy is exempt from FDA approval.
Because plain water is generally recognized as safe.

However there are fraud statutes that should be applied.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale