The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Relax! It is not so bad! There is good out there!

Evidences:

A bikini-clad Swedish police officer has been praised for tackling a suspected thief while she was off-duty sunbathing with friends in Stockholm.

Mikaela Kellner told the Aftonbladet daily that she and a fellow officer pursued the man when they realised he had taken one of their mobile phones.

She told the paper that she would have intervened "even if she were naked".

Bikini'd Lives Matter!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Re: The Officially Sanctioned "River to My People!" Thread to Combat the Doom and Gloom and Stuff Nyarl

Postby hammegk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 pm

How could I have forgotten Keely Smith?

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:20 am

You know what song picks me up every time?

This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejzDJkUXgdw

and this one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdtLCfEcPL4

The first usually lightens my mood a bit when I am down and the second I like to listen to when I like to psyche myself up for something. Even though I don't speak a word of German.
All Hail The Crimson King

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:26 am

In reference to this post in the Nyarl was Right! Doom! Gloom! Dead Babies! thread:

TARZANA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was a happy ending on Thursday for a 4-year old boy whose prosthetic leg was stolen at an Orange County beach.

The Brenes family, of Rancho Santa Margarita, thought they were getting a temporary prosthetic leg for little Liam.

All, however, were in for a big surprise. The new prosthetic leg was not temporary - it was permanent.

"We're walking away with more than we need, more than I feel like I even deserve," said Amanda McFarland, Liam's mom. "It's just really overwhelming and wonderful."

Making a permanent prosthetic like the one Liam received usually takes weeks, but Michael Metichecchia and his team at Essential Orthotics and Prosthetics in Palmdale were determined to get Liam back on his feet as soon as possible.

ABC 7 from Gram-Land

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Someone warn Doris Dumbass:

A Rare Federal Indictment For Online Threats Against Game Industry

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of California has sought and obtained an indictment against a young man named Stephen Cebula for sending online threats to Blizzard Entertainment, the freakishly successful powerhouse behind the Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo games as well as many others. The case is notable because it's so rare: there's so much threatening behavior online, and so little of it is addressed by the criminal justice system.

Stephen Cebula seems overtly disturbed. The search warrant for his home and subsequent criminal complaint tell a tale of him engaging in bigoted trash talk with other players on the Blizzard game "Heroes of the Storm," ranging from racial epithets to comments like "I will kill your family bitch" and fantasies about raping a child at Disneyland. Blizzard suspended Cebula's ability to communicate with other players. Cebula — perhaps tutored in law and political theory on Reddit, or by Milo Yiannopoulos — saw this as an outrageous violation of his freedom. He used his Facebook account "tedbundyismygod1" to send two threatening messages to Blizzard:

Careful blizzard … I live in California and your headquarters is here in California …. You keep silencing me in Heroes of the STorm and I may or may not pay you a visit with an AK47 amongst some other "fun" tools.

You keep silencing people in heroes of the storm and someone who may live in California might be inclined to "cause a disturbance" at your headquarters in California with an AK47 and a few other "opportunistic tools" …. It would be a shame to piss off the wrong person. Do you not agree blizzard?

Thus Cebula stood up for all the depraved manchildren of the internet who believe they have a moral right to squat on other people's property and yell "nigger" at passers-by. [ Image ]

Anyway, Blizzard reported the threats to the FBI. Since it was mega-corporation Blizzard calling — and not any one of the hundreds or thousands of Americans without lawyers and IT departments and security teams who get such threats every day — the FBI investigated, and quickly found Cebulba through his Blizzard account information at IP address. They discovered records of a 2015 incident in which he surrendered to Sheriff's deputies after making threats to kill someone at a park and to kill his sister, overweight people, and "various others that did not meet his specific views." RETRACT THAT!!1!!! YIP! [Stop that.--Ed.] Hey? Who let you in here? [We are always "Here."--Ed.] He was committed for a 72-hour period then. The affidavit also suggests that he was in the system as a juvenile for threats.

The affidavit in support of the criminal complaint linked above — which is a brief addendum to the search warrant affidavit — notes that the FBI found Cebula at home, Mirandized him, and questioned him. Cebula admitted, among other things, that he intended to scare the people at Blizzard he had threatened and that he had looked things up like Blizzard's location in order to make his threats more credible. These admissions are critically important. As Ron White quips, "I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability!" He also talked about his fantasies of violent assaults on children and of sexual assault of his five-year-old niece who lives in his home.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Cebula is charged with making threats under Title 18, United States Code, section 875. That's the same statute that was at issue in the Supreme Court's Elonis decision last year. Elonis concerned the intent the government must prove to convict someone under Section 875. Everyone agrees that a threat — to be outside the protection of the First Amendment — must be objectively threatening. Even if it is a news corporation? [Stop it!--Ed.] That is, the government must be able to prove that a reasonable person would take it as a genuine expression of intent to do harm. The remaining question is whether the defendant must intend for the statement to be taken as a real threat — that is, whether there is also a subjective test. Thus his admissions freely given above. The Supreme Court didn't fully resolve this, suggesting that the government must prove at least that the threatener was reckless as to the impact of his or her threats, but not deciding whether there must be specific intent to threaten. In the meantime, most federal prosecutors are proceeding on the assumption that they must prove subjective intent.

Both subjective and objective intent can be more challenging to prove in the context of the internet, where insincere trash talk is so common. Here the prosecution has the benefit of Cebula's statements to the FBI admitting the elements of the offense by admitting that he intended to scare people at Blizzard. That statement makes even an insanity defense very difficult, because it suggests he understood the nature and quality of his acts and the impact they would have on people.

This is an ugly case. It's ugly because it's about untreated mental illness. It's ugly because for every corporation like Blizzard that gets federal law enforcement attention in an incredibly rare threats prosecution, thousands of individuals without such power and influence live in fear of Cebula's moral and intellectual ilk Or live in Canada. It's ugly because I guarantee you that Cebula has fans. That's what online culture is like.

Edited to add: Naturally most media covering this reports that he's facing "up to five years in federal prison," which is indeed the statutory maximum. As I often discuss, the statutory maximum has very little relation to the actual probable sentence. The recommended range under the United States Sentencing Guidelines — which will be the starting point for the judge, who may go above or below — is likely about 10-16 months before any credit for a guilty plea.

Hat of the Pontif Ken Who is White

The Japanese Original article contains numerous links I have not reproduced. The comments are also hilarious as butt-hurt fans of Milo weigh in.

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm

My neighbor just took a few cold ones out to the construction workers who are out there in the hot sun getting dirt out of my ditch.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:05 am

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:21 am

Tech Dude sends ransom ware to computer scammer:

Rinkyloo

--J.D.

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:22 am

Some uplifting music is in order:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYRuh8V94zo

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:00 am

William Shakespeare

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Postby asthmatic camel » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:55 am

Just when you thought everything couldn't get any worse, here comes AC to save the day.

Have a nice day y'all! :upsidedown:
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 pm

If you truly want to get rid of those cynical old Nyarl blues and bask in the pure naive innocence of unadulterated joy, what could be better than the Happy Happy Joy Joy song from our good old pals Ren & Stimpy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM1nUmDHHc

William Shakespeare

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Sometimes I wonder what Imma gonna do, 'cuz
There ain't no cure for the cynical Nyarl blues.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Sometimes I wonder what Imma gonna do, 'cuz
There ain't no cure for the cynical Nyarl blues.

Take more cc's of weed.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:20 pm

There aren't that many cc's of weed

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 pm

pillory

Postby pillory » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Pillory-deletable stuff since Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:15 pm

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 pm

But making my Drunk, Racist, Fat Bitch cry is always a "ray of sunshine!"

Now dance for me Bitch!

--J.D.

pillory

Postby pillory » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPsh_9lURVQ

there's only two ways to cook coffee---with doctor or without
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPsh_9lURVQ
Pillory-deletable stuff since Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:15 pm

Return to “Banter”