Official Fucking Asshole of the Week Thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Grammatron

Re: Official Fucking Asshole of the Week Thread

Post by Grammatron » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:35 am

It's interesting how USA allowed this to happen after the war by not going after most the military and civil authorities responsible. I am not sure if it helped with our current strong diplomatic relationship or we would have had it regardless. It's doubly interesting that USA is able to maintain equally strong diplomatic ties with South Korea.

Although I suppose military presence in both countries helps keep them friendly too.
[quote="pillory"]jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke[/quote]

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:29 am

Yes to both responses.

I have an interesting infamous book from a Japanese historian who attacks the Japanese governments for causing the wars. Still, he did not think the atomic bombs were necessary; however, he was writing in the 1960s and did not have the facts.

I have often declared the clearest indication is the difference between the Japanese Original [Stop it.--Ed.] manga and subsequent anime for Barefoot Gen. The former deals with the racism of the main character, the public support for the military, the support for the invasions, then delves into the disillusionment members in the military felt when reality hit them--the author's brother joined the navy to "clean" his family name from the "shame" that his father was a pacifist.

The author's sister was basically publicly molested in school as a "daughter of a pacifist." In the mean time, the author throws rocks at Koreans because . . . they are Koreans.

All of that negativity, ALL of it is removed from the anime. It is like picking Schindler's List and getting Triumph of Will, seriously.

The perpetual conservative governments of Japan have hoped that with time everyone will forget.

They do not. It only festers.

In the rain.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:48 am

shuize wrote:
Doctor X wrote:They actively prevent Japanese historians from discussing it.

Somewhere there is a documentary where a Japanese educator asks students basic questions about WII. The responses sound like a meeting of Holocaust Deniers. All the way to Koreans "making up" comfort women simply to embarrass Japan.

One of the many reasons Japan has failed to improve relations Korea and China as well as other Asian nations.

--J.D.
It's not anywhere near the worst of the historical revisionism, but one I hear a lot is that "Pearl Harbor was never meant to be a 'sneak attack.' Japan would never intentionally do something so dishonorable. It was just that the Japanese embassy in Washington messed up the declaration of war [conveniently just long enough for the planese to arrive, of course]." This is usually followed by some version of "But anyway, the atomic bombings were way, way worse. Japan was forced to fight [invading a good chunk of Asia]. We're the victims, blah, blah, blah."

I've seen more than one textbook that basically sums up World War II as "The Pacific War began. Then America used atomic bombs against us."
I thought it was the dolphins.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 am

Grammatron wrote:It's interesting how USA allowed this to happen after the war by not going after most the military and civil authorities responsible. I am not sure if it helped with our current strong diplomatic relationship or we would have had it regardless. It's doubly interesting that USA is able to maintain equally strong diplomatic ties with South Korea.

Although I suppose military presence in both countries helps keep them friendly too.
The U.S. Agreed to pretend that the Emporer had nothing to do with any of it, and in return the Japanese agreed to be otonashii. For the most part.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm

In essence Hirohito agreed to be a collaborator with MacArthur.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:I thought it was the dolphins.
AND WHARU!!1!1111

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Japan had their own example of how they treated China and Korea to concern themselves over the Occupation.

MacArthur, robbed of His Turn his glorious D-Day, worried with some cause that there would be revolts if he totally destroyed the Japanese hierarchy. Incidentally, one of the fears of the Suzuki government was the Japanese people would revolt against them as well. Using human waves of civilians against the "Round-Eye'd Bastards" was a good way to prevent them from revolting! More seriously, yet another reason the atomic bombs proved decisive is they convinced people in general that the government could not protect them.

MacArthur chose an easier peace. Maybe he was right. Be that as it may, the Japanese and Asia were always "over there" and "those people" after Midway removed the threat of Japanese attacks against the mainland.

--J.D.

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:20 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:In essence Hirohito agreed to be a collaborator with MacArthur.
I haven't done much research on Hirohito, but the little that I have read about him doesn't paint him in a very good light.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:55 am

Downfall's author had access to Japanese military records. The bottom line is he not only knew what his military did in his name, he supported it, and eventually opposed surrender if it threatened the institution of the Emperor especially if it meant him. The "reluctant scientist puppet," is late whitewashing that started as surrender became inevitable.

One of the things that sort of convinced him to back surrender was the suggestion from US Secretary of State James Byrnes that the US would allow his retention--subordinate to the Supreme Commander. It is probably apocryphal, but the depiction of these discussion between Truman, Byrnes, King, and Stimpson over the retention of the "divine" emperor ends with Byrnes responding to Truman's directive that Hirohito, "must answer to the Supreme Commander," "And considering it will likely be ol' Douglas MacArthur, it'll be one divinity answering to another!"

This suggested to Hirohito and the "Peace Faction"--maybe even Anami, the Minister of War vehemently opposed to surrender--that the Allies would not promptly hang Hirohito from the nearest light pole. Both sides worked mightily to "white wash" his involvement enough to keep him around down to convincing the former Prime Minister "I Missed?" Tōjō to claim full responsibility. He actually made a mistake in his testimony that suggested Hirohito's knowledge and blessings; this was "corrected" in subsequent testimony.

I have no sympathy for Hirohito and refuse to refer to him as "Showa." "Cunt," yes, but he is "Hirohito" to me and nothing more. We do not refer to Hitler as "Der Fuehrer" or "Chancellor," or even "Mr."

The 'murican Parallel to Japanese Official White Washing is the Southern "Lost Cause" mythology that, quite literally, "white washed" the fact the damn war was about slavery and was always about slavery. In fact, the parallels are disturbingly apt. "Lost Causers" bleated for a century about how it was "all about freedom," and "state's rights," much the same way Japan justified raping China and Korea at the time, then for a century later, as "protecting them" from the West.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Judy James Tucker

A 71-year-old white woman has been arrested for assaulting two uniformed Army Reserve captains — one of them pregnant — in a Macon, Ga., Cheddars after she and her large son taunted the officers as “black lesbian bitches” over a parking-space dispute — an incident that one disturbed restaurant patron captured in a now-viral video.

That woman, Judy James Tucker, was charged with battery and left the custody of the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office on $650 bail after the incident Saturday; she “told deputies it all started because she’s white and it was a race issue,” the New York Times reports.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

The aggrieved white folks then slathered themselves in honor by lunging after Sharpe’s cellphone, which escalated things quickly:

Tucker came back at the women with “rage and force,” and began “swinging at [Sharpe] striking her in the face.” She later admitted to the deputy that she hit one of the women, but only because “they hurt her hand,” referring to when Mitchell [was] holding her arm back from Sharpe. When Sharpe told the Tuckers she was pregnant, the son asked, “Oh really, by her?” pointing to Mitchell.

By that point, a disgusted restaurant full of people was trying to calm down Judy James and her boy and taping the whole thing. Local deputies concluded in their report that “With all of the lunging and slapping happening, it was never shown through cell phone video that Mrs. Mitchell or Mrs. Sharpe did anything wrong.”

Task & Purpose
--J.D.

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Reminds me of how Muricans made the native Americans the bad guys in history
You never know what's going to happen

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 pm

robinson wrote:Reminds me of how Muricans made the native Americans the bad guys in history

You have always thought in ... other directed ... ways.

I believe there is medication for this now. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Dangerous minds
You never know what's going to happen

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:54 am

The military is Very Very Serious about its traditions.

Colonel who led dinosaur-puppet oath demoted, forced to retire
A Tennessee Air National Guard colonel has been demoted and forced to retire for leading a re-enlistment ceremony during which a senior noncommissioned officer recited her oath using a dinosaur hand puppet.

Maj. Gen. Terry Haston, the Tennessee Air Guard’s adjutant general, announced the demotion on Facebook Wednesday in the wake of an online firestorm sparked by a video of the ceremony.

Haston said the NCO — who took the oath Friday while the head of a Tyrannosaurus rex on her right hand mouthed her words — has been removed from her full-time position with the Tennessee Joint Public Affairs Office and that other administrative actions were being taken.

Haston did not identify either Guardsman, but in the video the master sergeant taking the oath identifies herself as Robin Brown.

“I am absolutely embarrassed that a senior officer and a senior NCO took such liberties with a time-honored military tradition,” Haston wrote. “The Tennessee National Guard holds the Oath of Enlistment in the highest esteem because that oath signifies every service member’s commitment to defend our state, nation and the freedoms we all enjoy.”

Haston said another senior NCO who shot the video was removed from his position as a unit first sergeant and received an official reprimand “but will be retained in the Tennessee Air National Guard.”

Randy Harris, director of joint public affairs for the Tennessee Military Department, was unavailable to answer queries from Stars and Stripes.

Lt. Gen. L. Scott Rice, director of the Air National Guard, said on Facebook Monday that he understood the “outrage and frustration” of online commenters about the video.

“Let me say, I’m equally shocked and dismayed by this event that mocks such a cherished and honorable occasion,” he wrote. “The oath of office or enlistment not only signifies our commitment to our nation, but pays respect to our fellow service members and to those who came before us.”

Chief Master Sgt. Ronald Anderson, command chief master sergeant of the Air National Guard, said on Facebook Tuesday that he had been inundated by messages of outrage over the puppet video.

“This singular act does not define us, the Tennessee Air National Guard nor the Air National Guard,” he wrote. “I have full trust that this incident is being addressed by leadership within the Tennessee Air National Guard.”
On the one hand, it seems kind of dumb, but cause for "outrage" or firings? It was just a reenlistment ceremony.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:36 am

I bet you walk with your tentacles hands in your pockets.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:49 am

I do. That's just the kind of renegade I am.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:43 am

Anaxagoras wrote: On the one hand, it seems kind of dumb, but cause for "outrage" or firings? It was just a reenlistment ceremony.
It isn't just ceremony, it is a legal mandate. An oath administered in such a way is dubious as to its legitimacy. It is in fact a mockery.

I'm not really thrilled it was all aired out on facebook either.

Fire the lot of them.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:03 am

Well, point taken. Not an occasion for hijinks or tomfoolery.

I don't know what they were thinking. But they probably didn't mean any harm.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:18 am

Here's the regs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... enlistment
Army Regulation 601-210, Active and Reserve Components Enlistment Program provides that:

A commissioned officer of any service will administer the Oath of Enlistment in DD Form 4 orally, in English, to each application. Make a suitable arrangement to ensure that the oath is administered in a dignified manner and in proper surroundings. display the U.S. flag prominently near the officer giving the oath. The words "So help me God" may be omitted for persons who desire to affirm rather than to swear to the oath.[1]
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:46 pm

South China Morning Post wrote:Chinese tourists kill kangaroo, hurling bricks to make it hop

Visitors to a zoo in southeastern China killed one kangaroo and injured another by throwing bricks at them in an attempt to get a reaction from the big marsupials, state media reported.

A 12-year-old female kangaroo suffered a severely injured foot when it was struck by bricks and concrete chunks on February 28 at the Fuzhou Zoo in Fujian province, China Central Television reported.

The kangaroo died days later and an examination by a veterinary surgeon revealed that the cause of death was probably a ruptured kidney after the animal was hit by the projectiles.

A few weeks later, a five-year-old male kangaroo at the same zoo was slightly injured in a similar way, according to the report posted on the network’s website late on Thursday.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/ ... ake-it-hop

Badly kept zoo, bricks and concrete laying around. :roll: