Pyrrho!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Boss Paul
Title: Boss

Re: Pyrrho!

Postby Boss Paul » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:39 am

Pyrrho!

Get over here! You just made Boss Kean cuss!
Get the wax outta your ears!

You call the Captain "Captain!"

And you call the rest of us "Boss," you hear?!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:45 am

Getting over here, Boss.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Boss Paul

Postby Boss Paul » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:53 am

Get all of this dirt out of the yard!
Get the wax outta your ears!

You call the Captain "Captain!"

And you call the rest of us "Boss," you hear?!

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:56 am

I got no shovel here, Boss. Posting in the supine position.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Boss Kean

Postby Boss Kean » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:23 am

What's your dirt doin' in my ditch?

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Plumbers are installing a backsassin' preventer here, Boss. To keep the city water's mind right.

SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS

:weirdeyes:

Gonna be eatin' beans for a year here, Boss!

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:51 am

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Furnace guy was here for routine inspection. "Shuttin' 'er down! Heat exchangers are cracked and the CO levels are up!"

It's 25 years old and the cost to repair not worth it. Had the heat exchangers replaced years ago.

So the estimators are coming out to tell us how many $$$$ a new furnace is gonna cost.

"Oh, and your water heater's leaking."

Uhh...no...they were testing yesterday and that's from the pressure relief valve. I have checked and there is water in the discharge tube and there is no evidence of leakage from the tank itself. I am wondering if the backflow preventer is causing would-be backflow to issue from the pressure relief on the hot water tank. These matters are beyond my ken.

I am not made of money. I may have to do some moonlighting.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:36 pm

So...what can I do for a side gig? Aside from working for Boss Kean's Excavation and Landscaping, LLC.

Witness

Postby Witness » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:10 am

Fid

Postby Fid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:15 am

Pyrrho wrote:Furnace guy was here for routine inspection. "Shuttin' 'er down! Heat exchangers are cracked and the CO levels are up!"

It's 25 years old and the cost to repair not worth it. Had the heat exchangers replaced years ago.

So the estimators are coming out to tell us how many $$$$ a new furnace is gonna cost.

Uhh...no...they were testing yesterday and that's from the pressure relief valve. I have checked and there is water in the discharge tube and there is no evidence of leakage from the tank itself. I am wondering if the backflow preventer is causing would-be backflow to issue from the pressure relief on the hot water tank. These matters are beyond my ken.

I hear ya bro. I had a tiny leak in me toilet which turned into a $350 water bill. Turns out my pipes are even older than my dick. Guess what my water pressure flooded my basement 8000 gallons. Yes you read that right. I'm gonna have to pay someone to dig up the 60ish old pipes and replace them.

Till then I go down in the basement and turn on the FUCKING HOT WATER !

Back later I gotta get nekkid and squirt hot water,. :x
"...And therefore never send to know for whom the dog woofs; it woofs for thee."

Boss Higgins

Postby Boss Higgins » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:30 am

You not happy with your job?

You complainin?!
Boss Paul says you wasn't happy with your job! That you was complainin'!

Well, we're goin' to give you a chance to think about it!

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:36 am

My job looks just lovely in the light of these bills, Boss!

Dragline
Title: Top Dog

Postby Dragline » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 am

Now don't get all sad there! You just have t'invest some of your spendin' money in our little poker game!
He ain't in the box because of the joke played on him. He back-sassed a free man. They got their rules. We ain't got nothin' to do with that. Would probably have happened to him sooner or later anyway, a complainer like him. He gotta learn the rules the same as anybody else.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:46 am

Kickin' a buck here, Dragline.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Furnace guy was here for routine inspection. "Shuttin' 'er down! Heat exchangers are cracked and the CO levels are up!"

No. Water heater doesn't need replaced if the tank isn't leaking and the water is still hot. Get a real plumber out there and make the fucker replace the goddamned pressure relief valve.

Only!!
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Water tank is 10 years old, it's gonna go sooner rather than later.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Water tank is 10 years old, it's gonna go sooner rather than later.

My last one lasted 20 years but not without ... issues. The drop tube (the tube that deposits cold water to the bottom of the tank) was made of some sort of PVC that degraded in hot water (there was a class action suit) and as such crumbled and made its way into every valve, faucet, and appliance in the house. I was [somehow] not eligible for repairs. I had to disassemble and clean every plumbing fitting in the house. I lost the dishwasher and washing machine in that, which made my wife happy because you can't just replace a washer as the dryer need to "match" it ... as it was womansplained to me. The first leak happened at year 15.

Pyrrho

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Was just down there and there's water around it again. It's been subjected to well water for the whole 10 years, so it's probably best not to take chances. Pilot light has been going out occasionally anyway, even after I cleaned the filter screen.

The contractors are here and it's going bye-bye along with my 25-year old furnace carbon monoxide generator.

Return to “Banter”