Americans, please don't shop in stores on Thanksgiving!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
shemp
Title: gnat

Americans, please don't shop in stores on Thanksgiving!

Post by shemp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm sure, Abdul, ed and Listy will drop by to differ.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Americans, please don't shop in stores on Thanksgiving!

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:21 pm

For the hourly wage folk holiday pay is double-time. Thems is good hours.

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Yep, right on cue. Could you provide evidence that these workers are actually getting double pay?
Last edited by shemp on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm not making any big ideological deal about it, but I'm not doing any shopping today.

Might hit Walmart tomorrow. :p
Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm find with stores working with a volunteer staff for a big holiday. But if one is forcing people to work that day, fuck those guys. Pay extra and get volunteers.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:37 pm

A volunteer staff? I do not believe it.

Or so do mean a "volunteer" staff?

Are they working on commission or what?

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 pm

shemp wrote:Image

If someone is working then they are making mioney which they might actually need. Maybe it should be left up to them.

Dipshit.

Get back to work.

Slacker
- new minimalist ethos -

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Yep, just like Moe-Larry-Curly. But Abdul disappointed me.

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:41 pm

ed wrote:
shemp wrote:Image

If someone is working then they are making mioney which they might actually need. Maybe it should be left up to them.

Dipshit.

Get back to work.

Slacker
And the point, douchenozzle, is that many of them are NOT working voluntarily.

I am fortunate enough that I do not have a retail job, and I haven't been "asked" to work a holiday in many years. Others don't have that luxury. Dollars to donuts says that most of these people didn't have a choice if they want to keep their jobs.

And much as I hate the retail execs who open their stores on T-day, just as bad are the fucking nitwits who just HAVE to go shopping in a physical store today, when there's still 33 days until Shitmas!

Twat.
Last edited by shemp on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boss Paul
Title: Boss

Post by Boss Paul » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Get to work.
Get the wax outta your ears!

You call the Captain "Captain!"

And you call the rest of us "Boss," you hear?!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:42 pm

shemp wrote:Yep, just like Moe-Larry-Curly. But Abdul disappointed me.
I'm more like Joe DeRita.

The one true last stooge. 8)

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:

OK, Moe-Larry-CurlyJoe.

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Boss Paul wrote:Get to work.

Blow me you backwoods fool.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Get to work.

Douchenozzle ... I like the sound of that.
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:40 pm

shemp wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:

OK, Moe-Larry-CurlyJoe.
But the funniest one was Besser.

And he was good as a supporting actor with Abbot and Costello.

And Moe never slapped him around. :P

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 pm

https://www.thebalance.com/do-you-get-p ... ay-2064019
How Much You Get Paid for Working on a Holiday
Employers are not required to pay extra (over and above your normal rate) for working on a holiday unless you have a contract that stipulates holiday pay. Companies aren't required to give you the holiday off from work either.

In general, if you are a salaried worker, you will not receive extra pay or overtime for working on a holiday. Employees in retail and hospitality positions often do not receive a special holiday rate, as holiday and weekend shifts are part of their normal business hours.

Some employers provide holidays off or pay extra for working on a holiday; however, there are no federal or state laws that require companies to compensate you for holidays off or to pay you extra (over and above your normal hourly rate) for working on a holiday. The only exception is if you have a contract that stipulates holiday pay.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:15 pm

I guess you're okay with the folks at the power company working thanksgiving so you can post your sad drivel on the internets. Hypocrite. :x

shemp

Post by shemp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:10 am

Rob Lister wrote:
I guess you're okay with the folks at the power company working thanksgiving so you can post your sad drivel on the internets. Hypocrite. :x
:doglaugh:

Pathetic strawman. Electricity has to keep going, fucktard. Stores don't have to be open. Next you'll claim I would call for hospitals to close and let the patients die.

shemp

Post by shemp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:12 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
shemp wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:

OK, Moe-Larry-CurlyJoe.
But the funniest one was Besser.

And he was good as a supporting actor with Abbot and Costello.

And Moe never slapped him around. :P
If I thought you were serious I'd slap you.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:14 am

shemp wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:
:doglaugh:

Pathetic strawman. Electricity has to keep going, fucktard. Stores don't have to be open. Next you'll claim I would call for hospitals to close and let the patients die.
Why do you hate sick people?
- new minimalist ethos -