Loss of friends

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Loss of friends

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:09 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Is it really partisan paranoia to opine that Chicago politics (necessarily Democrat) are dirty?
It is when Chicago politics are used as s justification for claiming that Democrats only get elected via voter fraud nationwide
Who said that?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 am

ed wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Is it really partisan paranoia to opine that Chicago politics (necessarily Democrat) are dirty?
It is when Chicago politics are used as s justification for claiming that Democrats only get elected via voter fraud nationwide
You have a reference for that claim?
Yeah. Just look up thread. The whole reason Chicag even gt brought up was to support the claim that Democrats only get elected via voter fraud

And that fact is allowed to skate evidence free.

Again, very telling that
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Who said that?
You and on prior occasions Wildcat for starters

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:15 am

If people claim Righties do bad things, a boatload of evidence is necessary. Ditto if I claim people generally hate their ideological enemies.

Claim voter fraud is rampant despite very little being detected and that Dems only get elected because of it, no evidence required

And then people wonder why people dont want t put up with that

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:32 am

Voter fraud tends to favor whatever party in dominant in a particular district.

In all but really close elections it tends to cancel out.

Is it my (or Wildcat's) fault we live where it's Democrats?

Unlike Wildcat, I'm much more with the Democrats on most issues if we judge by their stated positions.

But as we all know (we do don't we) stated positions don't mean shit to politicians.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 am

Hey Nyar!

You're the one who is supposed to be cynical! :)

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:37 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Voter fraud tends to favor whatever party in dominant in a particular district.

In all but really close elections it tends to cancel out.

Is it my (or Wildcat's) fault we live where it's Democrats?

Unlike Wildcat, I'm much more with the Democrats on most issues if we judge by their stated positions.

But as we all know (we do don't we) stated positions don't mean shit to politicians.
But then you project it nationwide. Thus effectively claiming that Dems only get elected via voter fraud. Doesn't matter, apparently, if it's Chicago or San Francisco or Pig's Knuckle Arkanas. It's all Illegal aliens or dead guys only reason. Which in turn implies that Republicans, and only Republicans are elected fairly. And if we removed all the Dead Guys and Illegals, 100% of all political positions would be Republican. That's bullshit.

But apparently its an article of faith. Just say "People in the US hate each other" and I need 500 pages of documentation, a complete meta-study, and a note from my mother. That's the part that annoys me.

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:45 am

The mass dead voter fraud meme really popped up from a bad report and misunderstanding of statistics. Turns out, a couple percentage points of voters die soon after every election, and some folks run with it without paying attention to the details or numbers.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:29 am

Mentat wrote:The mass dead voter fraud meme really popped up from a bad report and misunderstanding of statistics. Turns out, a couple percentage points of voters die soon after every election, and some folks run with it without paying attention to the details or numbers.
A similar amount to the number swayed by Russian twitter bots?

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:34 am

Idunno, those are two very different things.
It's "pea-can", man.

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:41 am

Grammatron wrote:
Mentat wrote:Huh, I missed the part where Trump later said ". . . And by 'them' I don't mean muslims at large, but rather the muslim church".
Trump actually provided context during the interview for it.
Anybody able to find a transcript or a video? I'm interested myself.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfHOn-lKpx0

The exact quote is near the end, around 5:40.
It's "pea-can", man.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 am

Mentat wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
Mentat wrote:Huh, I missed the part where Trump later said ". . . And by 'them' I don't mean muslims at large, but rather the muslim church".
Trump actually provided context during the interview for it.
I watched that interview, so don't BS me.
In the interview the context are two terrorist acts by Islamist cunts: The San Bernardino Shooting and Orlando Shooting (which happened days before this interview). In that context, there were people who knew those events were going to take place. And Trump said those people should be punished.

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:01 am

"The Muslims are the ones who see what's going on. The Muslims are the ones that have to report them. And if they don't report them, then there have to be consequences"

Looks to me like he's blaming the Muslims for everything, and they are the ones who have to pay.
It's "pea-can", man.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 am

Expend to include the entire context please, in my opinion it changes the meaning entirely.
O'Reillly: Do you believe Muslim Americans fear you a little bit?

Trump: I hope not. I want to straighten things out. But it’s so important that they — and they’re tremendous people — it’s so important that when they see trouble going on, like they did in San Bernardino. I mean, there were numerous people that saw bombs all over this apartment floor, they knew something was going on. They never reported him or her. They never reported and that 14 people were killed and many, many people injured. Same thing here, you’re going to find out with this savage that did this horrible thing over the weekend that many people said, “Oh, I knew that was going to happen.” They have got to report him. Because the Muslims are the ones that see what’s going on. The Muslims are the ones that have to report him. And if they don’t report him, then they there have to be consequences to them..
Trump stepped all over his dick here, still to me this reads like Trump is saying people who knew should have said something, and if they knew something was going to happen they should have made an effort to warn the proper authorities. Specifically the wife of a cunt who shot up Orlando nightclub knew of this plan and did nothing. I hope there exist laws that can punish her and do so severely. So yes, I share this opinion with Trump, but I do not condemn all Muslims as some sort of blood libel nonsense and I do not believe Trump does either.

If I were of the opinion that Trump was a racist, and I saw/read that, I could see how my opinion would be reinforced and emboldened. But this is why I view actions as paramount in determining if someone is a racist. And when I look at Trump and see that he has worked with minorities in the past, was held in high regard with many prominent minority groups. As President he worked with minority groups, has visiting and done business on behalf of USA several Muslim countries. This actions contradict the view point of a racist or anti-Muslim person. Some may point to the travel ban, but no matter the argument of its legitemacy it still is not a total ban on all Muslims coming to US.

Now if Trump passes laws against Muslims in this country strictly because they are Muslim, well then we will be having a different conversation.

PS: Thank you for making me transcribe that interview since transcripts are not readily available.

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:53 am

Oh yeah, he's willing to put aside his bigotry if it makes him money. That makes things 0.000043% better.
It's "pea-can", man.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 am

RCC: Act II wrote:they will have to become citizens before they can vote.
Bwahahahahaha!

There are absolutely no safeguards in place to ensure non-citizens don't vote. And then you have Democrats encouraging them to vote with the old wink-and-nod.

This interview took place just before the 2016 election. Pay careful attention to the question asked at the 3:22 mark, and Obama's answer. Her question specifically asks if "undocumented citizens" can be stopped from voting.

Obama ensures her that no one will come after them for voting.

Indeed, no one will because in blue states this is encouraged. I have never once had to show an ID or proof of citizenship when either registering to vote or when voting. Fact is I could register 2 times under different names and vote early under my real name (when ID is required) and then again at the polling place on election day under a fake name, when no ID is required. And non-citizens could certainly vote risk-free under any name they choose.

There's a reason Democrats oppose voter ID laws, and concern over suppressing black votes isn't it.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:13 am

I think you're not getting it quite right.

https://www.snopes.com/obama-encouraged ... s-to-vote/

"Rodriguez’s question seems to be addressing a fear that voting will result in scrutiny on one’s family which could result in deportation of undocumented relatives."

This could be a legitimate fear even if the person voting is a citizen voting lawfully.

That's reinforced by his response... his words presume that the person voting is a citizen, and their family member is their concern.
OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:23 pm

gnome wrote:I think you're not getting it quite right.

https://www.snopes.com/obama-encouraged ... s-to-vote/

"Rodriguez’s question seems to be addressing a fear that voting will result in scrutiny on one’s family which could result in deportation of undocumented relatives."

This could be a legitimate fear even if the person voting is a citizen voting lawfully.

That's reinforced by his response... his words presume that the person voting is a citizen, and their family member is their concern.
OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.
I'm not buying that at all. She specifically asked about "dreamers" and "undocumented citizens" voting. Neither of which can vote, and Obama said nothing to that effect.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:31 pm

See? Exactly what I was talking about