Come on, guys!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
User avatar
gnome
Posts: 22068
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Has thanked: 361 times
Been thanked: 391 times

Come on, guys!

Post by gnome » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 am

What is it with all this admitting that emotions are affecting our posts? We are official SkepticsTM and believers in pure logic and fact--therefore if someone disagrees they are wrong and stupid and probably like Nickelback.

Don't make me have Abdul get the flame wars thread going again!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 16464
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 1995 times
Been thanked: 2727 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by Witness » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:20 am

We have flame wars?!? :shock:

:HoppingMad: Nobody tells me anything here! :HoppingMad2:

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70803
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3171 times
Been thanked: 1173 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:09 am

No.

We used to have flame wars, but those dark days are thankfully gone. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 67524
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3388 times
Been thanked: 2152 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by Doctor X » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:22 am

"Like Nickleback?"

That is just . . . wrong.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33039
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 439 times
Been thanked: 752 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by ed » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 am

gnome wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 am
What is it with all this admitting that emotions are affecting our posts? We are official SkepticsTM and believers in pure logic and fact--therefore if someone disagrees they are wrong and stupid and probably like Nickelback.

Don't make me have Abdul get the flame wars thread going again!
Fuck off.

Fag.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8752
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by xouper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Fag.
It's fascinating how that word seems to have lost its power as an actual insult.

Seems it's now often used as a fake-insult™ for comedic effect.

What if certain other words (that cannot ever be said on TV these days) would also loose their power as an insult?



Image

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33466
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Been thanked: 1719 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by Grammatron » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:33 pm

xouper wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:22 pm
Fag.
It's fascinating how that word seems to have lost its power as an actual insult.
I disagree that it has. It's just that no one objects to or polices the use of that word on this forum.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70803
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3171 times
Been thanked: 1173 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Well there was the "this guy fucks" meme, but it died quickly now didn't it. 8)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8752
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by xouper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:33 pm
xouper wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:22 pm
Fag.
It's fascinating how that word seems to have lost its power as an actual insult.
I disagree that it has.


Image

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 16464
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 1995 times
Been thanked: 2727 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by Witness » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:34 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:09 am
No.

We used to have flame wars, but those dark days are thankfully gone. :)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46934&p=885642&#p885642
:wink:

The imp in me… :oops:

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25877
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2714 times
Been thanked: 2767 times

Re: Come on, guys!

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:23 pm

My bowels keep telling me that they need to extrude a huge load. Every time I go, 'tis but a piffle. Maybe I need more roughage.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.