I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
User avatar
shemp
Posts: 5003
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: gnat
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 431 times

I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by shemp » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 pm

I fear it unlikely that I shall survive the night, but there's still a chance for the rest of you! Heed my advice that you may live:

If you think you can order the "Clam-a-Rama" (clam chowder, fried whole clams, fried clam strips, fried clam cake, corn muffin, french fries and a side for $21.99) and that somehow it will be healthy if you substitute cole slaw for the fries, YOU ARE WRONG!!!

And so, as I lie here on my deathbed in gastronomic agony, I am comforted by the knowledge that I have saved at least one of you from a horrifying death!*

*Except for you ed. You can eat it and croak for all I care!
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

In ancient Rome
There was a poem
About a dog
Who found two bones
He picked at one
He licked the other
He went in circles
He dropped dead

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

User avatar
ed
Posts: 32786
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 431 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by ed » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:14 pm

The death of a Tin Man

Spoiler:
:lol:
- new minimalist ethos -

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25665
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2678 times
Been thanked: 2723 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by Pyrrho » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm getting some.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 15961
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 1919 times
Been thanked: 2602 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by Witness » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 pm


User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8579
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by xouper » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:35 pm

shemp wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 pm
I fear it unlikely that I shall survive the night, but there's still a chance for the rest of you! Heed my advice that you may live:

If you think you can order the "Clam-a-Rama" (clam chowder, fried whole clams, fried clam strips, fried clam cake, corn muffin, french fries and a side for $21.99) and that somehow it will be healthy if you substitute cole slaw for the fries, YOU ARE WRONG!!!

And so, as I lie here on my deathbed in gastronomic agony, I am comforted by the knowledge that I have saved at least one of you from a horrifying death!*

*Except for you ed. You can eat it and croak for all I care!
I think I see where the problem is.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70285
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3029 times
Been thanked: 1134 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:53 pm

It's the mayo in the coleslaw. That stuff is a killer.

Should have stuck with those fries.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
shemp
Posts: 5003
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: gnat
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by shemp » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:42 am

xouper wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:35 pm
shemp wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 pm
I fear it unlikely that I shall survive the night, but there's still a chance for the rest of you! Heed my advice that you may live:

If you think you can order the "Clam-a-Rama" (clam chowder, fried whole clams, fried clam strips, fried clam cake, corn muffin, french fries and a side for $21.99) and that somehow it will be healthy if you substitute cole slaw for the fries, YOU ARE WRONG!!!

And so, as I lie here on my deathbed in gastronomic agony, I am comforted by the knowledge that I have saved at least one of you from a horrifying death!*

*Except for you ed. You can eat it and croak for all I care!
I think I see where the problem is.
You should order the "Sack of Boners" special.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

In ancient Rome
There was a poem
About a dog
Who found two bones
He picked at one
He licked the other
He went in circles
He dropped dead

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

User avatar
ed
Posts: 32786
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 431 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by ed » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:10 am

Wait a minute
google google

The Crab Shanty on City Island, NY.
ScreenShot060.jpg
Yum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- new minimalist ethos -

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 67061
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3317 times
Been thanked: 2093 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by Doctor X » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:12 am

Wish your stereo did not suck so bad as Your Mom.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
2

User avatar
shemp
Posts: 5003
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: gnat
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by shemp » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:16 am

Doctor X wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:12 am
Wish your stereo did not suck so bad as Your Mom.

--J.D.
You will never get your hands on (nor your dick in) either!
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

In ancient Rome
There was a poem
About a dog
Who found two bones
He picked at one
He licked the other
He went in circles
He dropped dead

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8579
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:37 am

shemp wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:42 am
xouper wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:35 pm
shemp wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 pm
I fear it unlikely that I shall survive the night, but there's still a chance for the rest of you! Heed my advice that you may live:

If you think you can order the "Clam-a-Rama" (clam chowder, fried whole clams, fried clam strips, fried clam cake, corn muffin, french fries and a side for $21.99) and that somehow it will be healthy if you substitute cole slaw for the fries, YOU ARE WRONG!!!

And so, as I lie here on my deathbed in gastronomic agony, I am comforted by the knowledge that I have saved at least one of you from a horrifying death!*

*Except for you ed. You can eat it and croak for all I care!
I think I see where the problem is.
You should order the "Sack of Boners" special.
Did you think that one up all by yourself?

User avatar
shemp
Posts: 5003
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: gnat
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by shemp » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:20 pm

xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:37 am
shemp wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:42 am
xouper wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:35 pm
shemp wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 pm
I fear it unlikely that I shall survive the night, but there's still a chance for the rest of you! Heed my advice that you may live:

If you think you can order the "Clam-a-Rama" (clam chowder, fried whole clams, fried clam strips, fried clam cake, corn muffin, french fries and a side for $21.99) and that somehow it will be healthy if you substitute cole slaw for the fries, YOU ARE WRONG!!!

And so, as I lie here on my deathbed in gastronomic agony, I am comforted by the knowledge that I have saved at least one of you from a horrifying death!*

*Except for you ed. You can eat it and croak for all I care!
I think I see where the problem is.
You should order the "Sack of Boners" special.
Did you think that one up all by yourself?
Yeah, pretty good huh? I think up my own material just like you suck your own dick.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

In ancient Rome
There was a poem
About a dog
Who found two bones
He picked at one
He licked the other
He went in circles
He dropped dead

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8579
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:10 pm

shemp wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:20 pm
xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:37 am
shemp wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:42 am
You should order the "Sack of Boners" special.
Did you think that one up all by yourself?
Yeah, pretty good huh?
Nope. Not even close. That "bag o boners" bit may have been an insult years ago, but not any more.

shemp wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:20 pm
I think up my own material just like you suck your own dick.
Thanks for admitting you don't think up your own material.

You might wish to consider finding a better source to pilfer your material from. Peewee Herman is sooo yesterday. I am willing to allow that you are in fact smarter than some of the stuff you post would indicate.

User avatar
sparks
Posts: 13900
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!
Has thanked: 1841 times
Been thanked: 580 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by sparks » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 pm

This from a guy who complains about being ... insulted ... on this forum. :De_Bunk:

If you're looking for dead seriousness in all posts xoup, you've come back to the wrong forum. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70285
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3029 times
Been thanked: 1134 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:55 pm

Shmep wrote: ... Sack of Boners ...
Ooooh, SNAP! :lmao:







Don't ever change. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8579
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:04 pm

sparks wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 pm
This from a guy who complains about being ... insulted ... on this forum. :De_Bunk:

If you're looking for dead seriousness in all posts xoup, you've come back to the wrong forum. :)
Where did you get the fucked up notion that I have ever looked for "dead seriousness in all posts" on this forum?

:roll:

One need only look at my first post in this thread to see the lack of seriousness in my own post.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70285
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3029 times
Been thanked: 1134 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:09 pm

Hey Shmep!

If you really want to trigger xoup, use the word "patootie" as an adverb. :BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
sparks
Posts: 13900
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!
Has thanked: 1841 times
Been thanked: 580 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by sparks » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:11 pm

xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:04 pm
sparks wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 pm
This from a guy who complains about being ... insulted ... on this forum. :De_Bunk:

If you're looking for dead seriousness in all posts xoup, you've come back to the wrong forum. :)
Where did you get the fucked up notion that I have ever looked for "dead seriousness in all posts" on this forum?
"You might wish to consider finding a better source to pilfer your material from. Peewee Herman is sooo yesterday. I am willing to allow that you are in fact smarter than some of the stuff you post would indicate."

I rest my case.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8579
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:44 pm

sparks wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:11 pm
xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:04 pm
sparks wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 pm
This from a guy who complains about being ... insulted ... on this forum. :De_Bunk:

If you're looking for dead seriousness in all posts xoup, you've come back to the wrong forum. :)
Where did you get the fucked up notion that I have ever looked for "dead seriousness in all posts" on this forum?
"You might wish to consider finding a better source to pilfer your material from. Peewee Herman is sooo yesterday. I am willing to allow that you are in fact smarter than some of the stuff you post would indicate."

I rest my case.
Then you have no case at all.

One instance of me razzing someone does not translate into an expectation that all posts on this forum must be dead serious.

User avatar
shemp
Posts: 5003
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: gnat
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: I am about to die, but for the rest of you there's still a chance to save yourselves!

Post by shemp » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Hey xoup, I skipped the Clam-a-Rama today and went right for your mother's clam.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

In ancient Rome
There was a poem
About a dog
Who found two bones
He picked at one
He licked the other
He went in circles
He dropped dead

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want