Gun Collection

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Gun Collection

Post by ed » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 pm

I thought I'd share some of the things I own that are interesting or that I particularly like.

These are Lignose pistols. The Lignose company bought out the Bergmann company who had a long history in the arms business.
Lignose Collection small.jpg
The Germans differentiated between "Vest Pocket Pistols" and "Pocket Pistols". The "Pocket" variety being larger. Here you see Einhand as well as standard Lignose/Bergmann pistols. The Einhand allowed the user to work the slide thus cocking and loading the pistol by pulling back on the triggerguard. Thus:
action small.jpg
Pretty clever. I sorta think there is a place for this even today,
I love the Deco ad
Pist2oo13S small.jpg
I think I own the first pistol made by Lignose after they bought out Bergmann. These pistols are collectible and some are pretty unusual ("Rare" is an overused word).

BTW, they are .25ACP, a "mouse gun" so called.
Here is a really nice write up by my pal Ed Buffaloe
https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Lignose/lignose.html

There, now you know as much as I do..

BTW, Lignose only made these things for 5 years or so. They sold out and went into the film business. Lignose is like cellulose and is a component of explosives (hence firearms) but it was also the substance that film stock was made from.

Think "Kraft-Dart". Sounded good on paper, in practice, not so much. The Lignose company had headquarters in Berlin so the records are long gone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Gun Collection

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:09 pm

ed wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 pm
I thought I'd share some of the things I own that are interesting or that I particularly like.

These are Lignose pistols. The Lignose company bought out the Bergmann company who had a long history in the arms business.
Lignose Collection small.jpg
The Germans differentiated between "Vest Pocket Pistols" and "Pocket Pistols". The "Pocket" variety being larger. Here you see Einhand as well as standard Lignose/Bergmann pistols. The Einhand allowed the user to work the slide thus cocking and loading the pistol by pulling back on the triggerguard. Thus:

action small.jpg
Pretty clever. I sorta think there is a place for this even today,
I love the Deco ad
Pist2oo13S small.jpg

I think I own the first pistol made by Lignose after they bought out Bergmann. These pistols are collectible and some are pretty unusual ("Rare" is an overused word).

BTW, they are .25ACP, a "mouse gun" so called.
Here is a really nice write up by my pal Ed Buffaloe
https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Lignose/lignose.html

There, now you know as much as I do..

BTW, Lignose only made these things for 5 years or so. They sold out and went into the film business. Lignose is like cellulose and is a component of explosives (hence firearms) but it was also the substance that film stock was made from.

Think "Kraft-Dart". Sounded good on paper, in practice, not so much. The Lignose company had headquarters in Berlin so the records are long gone.
my dad gave me his czech-made DUO .25 (6.35) when he moved to his retirement home, circa 1940 or 50 or so. I gave it to my son 'cause he's into guns and I'm not. It looks very much like the first of yours.

I fired it at the range a few times with my son. It's actually a very nice little piece of iron. I'm not sure it would be my first choice in self defense weapons as you'd have to shoot the guy in the eye to get it past his skull. But it is fun to shoot.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: Gun Collection

Post by ed » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:35 pm

The sainted J. Browning designed the first man really practical semi auto. Everything descends from that.

I'm not a big fan of the 1911 but how many things, objects, or hell even entertainment, from 100+ years ago is still part of our lives? The 1911 made today will still interchange ,any of its parts with one made 100 years ago. And it is still in demand by serious people.

That, my friends, is a design.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!