Fuck all

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Anaxagoras

Re: Fuck all

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:26 am

robinson wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:35 am
Alcohol is the true Fuckital drug
Yeah, that's why people tend to do stupid things that they regret later when they're wasted.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 am

Bruce wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 am

Bruce, I sympathise.

Back in the day, my father buggered off to marry his secretary, much to the dismay of my brother, me and my mother.

Being a fucking idiot, he bought a house near the top of Saddleworth Moor, the infamous burial site of Moors Murder criminals Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.

Well, fair enough but, it was well above the snowline here and the estate was built so that you had to climb the hill, in the ice and snow, to get down into Manchester again. Even a Land Rover Defender wouldn't do the job.

The result? My younger brother and I had a whole heap of fun sledging, and my evil step-mother yelled at us furiously when snowballs filled with rocks hit her in the face.

And that was in the Winter.

Come Summertime, the peat moor mysteriously set itself on fire. I have no idea why.

Thanks for sharing your origin story, AC. I've never been to the UK. Have you ever been asked to write a travel brochure? Inescapable self-igniting peat bogs sounds like a hoot. Who's that in the picture?
Bruce, I suppose I could, although my travelling is now restricted to cycling, (I surrendered my driving licence some twenty years ago after suffering seizures). Come the Springtime, I have a dream of visiting De-bunk and a few other friends down South with leg power only. If I don't do it now, at 53, I never will. :)
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

asthmatic camel

Post by asthmatic camel » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:42 am

Oh, and Bruce, welcome home to Flintshire. :)

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:26 am
robinson wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:35 am
Alcohol is the true Fuckital drug
Yeah, that's why people tend to do stupid things that they regret later when they're wasted.

Fixed it for you

"Yeah, that's why people tend to do stupid things when they're wasted that they regret later "
You never know what's going to happen

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:21 pm

But I knew what you meant

Everyone knows what you mean by that
You never know what's going to happen

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:16 pm

To alcohol, then…

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 am

If it came down to a trade between all the stupid things I've done because of the effects of booze or the booze itself, I'd have to honestly say I'll stick with the booze and the stupid things can go fuck themselves. This is not, in any way, to make light of the horrific and inhuman things some people do as a result of over indulgence. I have, thankfully, never been in that league. No, I generally just speak my mind plainly and without regard to others feelings when I'm one dram over the line. Usually on the subject of the stupidity of religion. This pisses them off greatly, and I've lost good friends because of it. But, then again, if they buy into that nonsense, I can't really say they were good friends to begin with. Narrow minded judgemental entitled fucks, one and all! Harrumph!!

M. 'Single Malt' G.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:44 am

asthmatic camel wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:42 am
Oh, and Bruce, welcome home to Flintshire. :)

Flint is my last name. We don't know the family history on my dad's side but somewhere back there we figure must be some Brit. Flintshire might be where my ancestors lived. That would explain a lot.
Such potential!

asthmatic camel

Post by asthmatic camel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:23 am

This is pure speculation, but you also have the look of a Welshman; short, dark-haired and stocky. I'm a half-breed, mostly Anglo Saxon, so ginger, green-eyed and six foot two. My great-grandmother, Gwenfron, was true Welsh and had your looks, (in a female way, obviously.) And family names are often related to place names. I'd bet your ancestors lived in Flint.