Belle Gibson

How not to buy a brick in a box off the back of a truck.
Anaxagoras

Belle Gibson

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:01 am

Rhymes with 'Mel Gibson'. And she may be an even bigger cunt than Mel, if that's possible.
Guess this was kind of a big deal in Australia, but it's the first I heard of her.

She's quite the little fraud it seems:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Gibson
Annabelle Natalie "Belle" Gibson (born October 1991) is an Australian app developer, blogger, and alternative health advocate whose marketing platform was founded on her fraudulent claims of having donated significant income to charities, and of having foregone conventional cancer treatments to positively self-manage multiple cancers through diet and controversial alternative therapies.

Gibson is the author of the The Whole Pantry smartphone application and its later companion cookbook, both of which were subsequently withdrawn from sale. The Whole Pantry application was scheduled to be a default application on the – at that time unreleased – Apple Watch but was removed from Apple advertising after the controversy broke.[2][3][4]

In early March 2015, after media reporting identified Gibson's apparently fraudulent claims of charity fundraising and donation-making, further media investigation soon revealed that Gibson had also apparently fabricated her stories of cancer, and lied about her age as well as other details of her personal life and history. Concerns were expressed that Gibson had led a profligate lifestyle, renting an upmarket town house, leasing a luxury car and office space, undergoing cosmetic dental procedures, purchasing designer clothes and holidaying internationally, on money claimed to have been raised or destined for charity.[5]

Mainstream media were increasingly reporting specified fraudulent claims by Gibson and The Whole Pantry regarding charity fundraising and donation-making, and detailed the many inconsistencies in Gibson's claimed medical history. With a collapsing social media support base, in an April 2015 interview Gibson admitted that her claims of cancers had been fabricated, stating that "none of it's true".[6]

Gibson and The Whole Pantry's claims of charity fundraising and donation-making remain under investigation by Victorian State authorities.[7]

Gibson's actions have been described as "particularly predatory",[8] and "deceit on a grand scale, for personal profit".[9]
So she claimed to have multiple cancers, to successfully treat those cancers with diet and alternative therapies, and to be raising money for charity, all of which were massive lies. What a piece of work. I'm glad she was caught and exposed though. She called herself a "wellness warrior". She even lied about her age. One of her lesser lies I guess, but it led to some hilarity when she was interviewed by 60 Minutes

Daily Fail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... laims.html

When asked about her age, she says 'I would be 26', a response that prompts an exasperated Brown to break in with 'OK, this is a really, really simple question: how old are you?'
'I've always been raised as being currently a 26-year-old,' she said, struggling with a question about her age
:lmao:

Looks like 60 Minutes really got her good.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Bruce
Title: Big cynic in small state

Re: Belle Gibson

Post by Bruce » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:44 am

I just passed my 14th anniversary of being 26. :P
Such potential!

Anaxagoras

Re: Belle Gibson

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 am

Here she is complaining about how everyone is being mean to her:
Gibson says that the reaction to her revelations has been ‘horrible’ and has reportedly said, ‘In the last two years I have worked every single day living and raising up an online community of people who supported each other.
‘I understand the confusion and the suspicion, but I also know that people need to draw a line in the sand where they still treat someone with some level of respect or humility – and I have not been receiving that.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/22/guru-who- ... z3f0o9Fa8W
The poor dear. I wonder how many people she killed with her lies. After all, she claimed some kind of miraculous cure for multiple cancers by eating certain foods. How many tried to replicate her "method" instead of seeking real treatment?
Health blogger Belle Gibson, 23, earned a fortune after writing books based on claims she had recovered from brain cancer using health foods and alternative therapies.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/22/guru-who- ... z3f0pGWJHa
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare