This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by asthmatic camel » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:34 am

On a more serious note the case of cowpox mentioned before...

...as nasty as it may look is as nothing in comparison to the dose of chicken pox I suffered in my late twenties. Never having caught the disease as a child, the bastard put me in an intensive care ward for a week. Fortunately for you guys, I no longer possess pictorial evidence. Suffice it to say that when my father came over from Wales to visit his poorly son, he was told by a kindly nurse not to recognise anyone in the isolation ward. He did, after a few minutes, and burst into tears, something I'd never seen him do before.

It really was that bad.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

robinson
Title: Be good to each other

Post by robinson » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:34 pm

DrMatt wrote:I caught a flu last February and was hospitalized for most of a week.
That's why you need the vaccine.

No wait, you should now be immune.
You never know what's going to happen

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Winner of the latest Cracked "Photoplasty" :

GordonHaid

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:27 am

For teh lulz, saw this piece about reaction to a recent Mark Zuckerberg Facebook post, which generated 70,000 comments.

Apparently he had his daughter vaccinated and the usual suspects showed up with their predictable dumbassery.

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/mark-zuc ... ts-1264630

Including this gem:
User Matthew H. Benedict commented: "Any of you ever read the inserts on vaccines? The ingredients? I didn't think so. Zuckerberg has, and I'd bet the farm, that he has no intention of vaccinating and dumbing down his child. However, what he, Bill Gates, and other elites, wants [sic] for your children, and a whole generation, is much, much different than what they want [for] their own kids. It saddens me you people can't see how blatant this post is."
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 am

The Froggies, who have lots of compulsory (and "recommended") vaccinations and don't joke with that (up to 2 years in jail + hefty fine) are launching a grand debate on the subject, as they goofed on some points (insufficient stocks), and also because anti-vaxxers are gaining traction.

Results should be in in December.

If they see it through. I fear well-meaning politicians & doctors will be quite surprised by the hornet's nest this will stir up, especially on the Internet, of course.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:45 pm

"You had your Happy Ending, but then you decided to click on this thread!"

--Rika Furude [Citation needed.--Ed.]
More than 260,000 people have signed a petition calling for all children to be vaccinated against meningitis after the death of a two-year-old girl.

Faye Burdett, from Maidstone, Kent died on Valentine's Day after fighting the infection for 11 days.

Her family said they were enduring "a pain you cannot describe" after the toddler contracted meningitis B.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Mrs Burdett has published graphic photos of Faye, including one of her in a hospital bed just before she died, in order to raise awareness about the disease.
This is one photo included in the article:

I am not posting the other photo included in that article.
We campaign for change in her memory," she said.

"Faye was taken to A&E with a rash on her forehead. She was then transferred by South Bank Retrieval Service to Evelina Children's Hospital, where her heart stopped in the ambulance.

"They revived her and spent hours working on stabilising her.

"We were given a 1% survival chance but she proved them wrong and carried on fighting.

"After a few days she seemed to have turned a corner, but the sepsis started to affect her more and the decision of limb removal was made.

"The extent of removal was massive, full leg amputation and one arm and plastic surgery.

"We had to make the decision, a massive operation and she may die or we let her go peacefully on her own accord.

"We decided the latter and then watched our little girl slip away."

BBC
Again, there may be a very graphic picture in the Japanese Limey Original Article depending on your experience, work, et cetera.

Now here is a puppy:

a kitten:

and Rika playing with a friend:

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:25 am

https://karenvaxblog.wordpress.com/2016 ... anning-me/
Like so many of you, I have been banned from Dr. Bob Sears’ Facebook page. While it isn’t headline-making news, I wanted to write about the comment that got me banned because it highlights, once again, that Dr. Bob is anti-vaccine.
Dr. Bob's page:

https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Bob-Sears-116317855073374/
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:41 am

--J.D.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:51 pm

They have it backwards: autism causes vaccines.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Cunts do attract one another, yes.

--J.D.

hammegk

Post by hammegk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Tag.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:46 pm

It shouldn't take the death of a child from measles for people to realise the importance of vaccines:

The current measles epidemic in America, and involvement of Roald Dahl’s legacy in efforts to control it, raises interesting questions about how we engage people in public health issues.

The outbreak started at Disneyland, California before Christmas, and has now affected 14 states, with more than 100 people becoming infected in January alone. Last week a letter written 30 years ago by Roald Dahl, who lost his daughter to measles, became centre stage as campaigners used it to urge parents to get their children vaccinated.

The first vaccines against measles were developed 50 years ago, and are now widely available. And because humans are the only hosts for the virus, we should in theory be able to eradicate it, if we can get enough people vaccinated. This is what happened for smallpox in the 1970s. If everyone is vaccinated, then the virus has nowhere to go, and dies out.
. . . .
One of the ironies for those working in this field is that the more successful a vaccination programme, and the less of the disease there is, then the more the very rare side effects of the vaccine become an issue, especially to those who never see the disease.

Even though there may be thousands of children dying from measles elsewhere on the planet, parents sitting comfortably in Middle America (and the UK) can ignore this, and obsess on any downside from the vaccine.

As the old adage puts it, one death is a tragedy, one thousand is a statistic. This is where the death of Roald Dahl’s daughter Olivia, aged 7, becomes important. Dahl was devastated at the time, and it wasn’t really until many years later that he spoke out about it, encouraging the uptake of vaccines.

Semi-Independent
--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Damn.

This was an interesting thread.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

hammegk

Post by hammegk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:55 pm

Tag X 2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Olivia, my eldest daughter, caught measles when she was seven years old. As the illness took its usual course I can remember reading to her often in bed and not feeling particularly alarmed about it. Then one morning, when she was well on the road to recovery, I was sitting on her bed showing her how to fashion little animals out of coloured pipe-cleaners, and when it came to her turn to make one herself, I noticed that her fingers and her mind were not working together and she couldn't do anything.

"Are you feeling all right?" I asked her.

"I feel all sleepy," she said.

In an hour, she was unconscious. In twelve hours she was dead.

The measles had turned into a terrible thing called measles encephalitis and there was nothing the doctors could do to save her. That was twenty-four years ago in 1962, but even now, if a child with measles happens to develop the same deadly reaction from measles as Olivia did, there would still be nothing the doctors could do to help her.

On the other hand, there is today something that parents can do to make sure that this sort of tragedy does not happen to a child of theirs. They can insist that their child is immunised against measles. I was unable to do that for Olivia in 1962 because in those days a reliable measles vaccine had not been discovered. Today a good and safe vaccine is available to every family and all you have to do is to ask your doctor to administer it.

It is not yet generally accepted that measles can be a dangerous illness. Believe me, it is. In my opinion parents who now refuse to have their children immunised are putting the lives of those children at risk. In America, where measles immunisation is compulsory, measles like smallpox, has been virtually wiped out.

Here in Britain, because so many parents refuse, either out of obstinacy or ignorance or fear, to allow their children to be immunised, we still have a hundred thousand cases of measles every year. Out of those, more than 10,000 will suffer side effects of one kind or another. At least 10,000 will develop ear or chest infections. About 20 will die.

LET THAT SINK IN.

Every year around 20 children will die in Britain from measles.

So what about the risks that your children will run from being immunised?

They are almost non-existent. Listen to this. In a district of around 300,000 people, there will be only one child every 250 years who will develop serious side effects from measles immunisation! That is about a million to one chance. I should think there would be more chance of your child choking to death on a chocolate bar than of becoming seriously ill from a measles immunisation.

So what on earth are you worrying about? It really is almost a crime to allow your child to go unimmunised.

The ideal time to have it done is at 13 months, but it is never too late. All school-children who have not yet had a measles immunisation should beg their parents to arrange for them to have one as soon as possible.

Incidentally, I dedicated two of my books to Olivia, the first was 'James and the Giant Peach'. That was when she was still alive. The second was 'The BFG', dedicated to her memory after she had died from measles. You will see her name at the beginning of each of these books. And I know how happy she would be if only she could know that her death had helped to save a good deal of illness and death among other children.

Roald Dahl's Letter
--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:55 am

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2016/ ... ccination/
A couple of days ago, I wrote about a story of a sort that I’ve had to write about far too many times over the last eleven years. I wrote about the death of a child—but not just any death of a child, the death of a child who could have—should have—lived. The child’s name was Ezekiel Stephan, and his parents are David and Collet Stephan. The reason that child should have lived is because he suffered from a disease that medicine can treat, meningitis. Unfortunately, his parents didn’t take him to a real doctor. They took him to a naturopath, who recommended maple syrup, juice with frozen berries and a mixture of apple cider vinegar, horse radish root, hot peppers, mashed onion, garlic and ginger root as a treatment for meningitis—all without ever having examined the patient.
Lexie Vataman, who fills holistic prescriptions at the Lethbridge Naturopathic Medical Clinc, told a jury Wednesday that she received a call from Collet Stephan in March 2012.

“She needed something to build up her baby’s immune system,” said Vataman.

“She said, ‘My baby might have a form of meningitis and we think it might be viral and not bacterial.”‘

Vataman said she asked if Stephan had taken her son to a medical doctor. She said Collet replied that a friend who was a nurse was keeping an eye on him and he didn’t have a fever.
It goes on from there in heartbreaking detail. The upshot:
So Ezekiel probably died of Hib meningitis. That’s a vaccine-preventable disease, and David and Collet Stephan didn’t vaccinate Ezekiel. So when David claims there is no evidence that the Hib vaccine would have prevented Ezekiel’s death, he is just plain wrong. There’s plenty of evidence.

Perhaps that’s why the Stephans, with Erin Elizabeth’s help, is spreading a conspiracy theory. He and his wife aren’t negligent parents, says the conspiracy theory. Not at all! They’re being persecuted by the Canadian government as part of a plot to produce a legal precedent that would allow the Canadian government to do away with voluntary vaccination and force children to be vaccinated. Now that’s a seriously grandiose view of oneself, I’d say! The Collets seem to think that it’s all about them, rather than their dead child, and that they are so important that the government would use them as an example in order to—gasp!—force every child to be vaccinated:
Sillies. They used horseradish when they should have used eye of newt or hair of the dog.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Turned out to be a bacterial meningitis.

Now the question to ask is how the fuck they thought it was "meningitis" then concluded it was "viral." There are classic signs and symptoms of meningitis. Such requires a pathogen. I fear these idiots either were told the signs which are not subtle, or they figured them out online and chose to believe it was possibly a more benign cause. Viral does not necessarily mean "benign" of course, but bacterial meningitis requires emergent intravenous antibiotics as well as determination of the pathogen.

Fools.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:16 pm

There's that French word, an idée fixe, or a belief that no amount of evidence to the contrary can change.

That seems to be the main feature of any kind of woo: nothing can ever disprove it to the true believer with the idée fixe.
Even your own child dying. Deny to the end. Deny no matter what comes. Instead of the simple explanation that would contradict your fixed belief, make up a bizarre conspiracy theory to explain it instead.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:32 am

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 am