This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 pm

DrMatt wrote:I think that sending the refusing parents to jail and taking away their kids and getting those kids up to date on their vaccinations is entirely within the ethical reach of a liberty-loving state...and should be done at the federal level with no room for local exclusion. I think treating the refusing parents as terrorists is not all that far out of bound.
People from the loony wing label me rightist or leftist for saying that. Hey, folks, welcome into the 1890s. The world has passed you by.
Typhoid Mary was a political prisoner! :HoppingMad2:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Llacheu

Post by Llacheu » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Free Typhoid Mary! Free typhoid for all!
In fact, 10,500 BC was the first time Orion's belt was ever visible in the night sky and the alignment is perfect.

If you deny this you simply are a holocaust denier. - Kilik

JasonAristotle wrote:
I SAY BLIND FAITH BELIEVERS
WHO REFUSE TO CRITICALLY THINK FOR THEMSELVES
DESERVE WHATEVER THE UFO ALIENS
HAVE IN STORE FOR THEM!!!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:23 pm

For most of human history, we didn't know what caused disease. We used to think that fresh air was bad for you. Old women were burned when cows got sick. People used to decapitate each other, dump the heads in the river, then drink downstream; they weren't even trying to gain the intelligence of their fallen foes, because intelligence just isn't a factor for people who drink rotting-head juice. Now we know things. Think of that picture every time you see the vaccination "debate." Scientists study viruses so hard that we know where every single atom is. Jenny McCarthy showed her tits for a living, and she didn't even know how those worked, hiring professionals to install them instead.

Linkypoo
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:17 am

Vaccines still not causing autism, even if multiple vaccines are given on the same day:

http://healthland.time.com/2013/03/29/m ... tism-risk/

What does seem to be the case though is that having children later in life does raise the risk a little bit, particularly for older fathers. Even the age of the grandfather seems to correlate. And people are having children later (and having fewer children) on average than they used to.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:51 pm

That explains it.

I was vaccinated.

And it sure beats the "God made me gay" line I hear from people who should know better, anyway. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:53 pm

What is he a "scientist" of?

For as one Humble--but MagNIfIcent--poster observed: "science is a process, not an attribute. In the rain."

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL East Champs!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun May 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Vaccine Education Center debunks breastfeeding myth. The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Center is warning that breast-feeding is not a substitute for immunization:
Sometimes parents wonder whether they can forgo immunizations for their baby because the baby is being breastfed; however, this is not the safest decision because antibodies in human breast milk bathe the intestinal surface but are not absorbed. Therefore, breast milk antibodies never enter the lymphatics or circulation where they would be needed to protect against diseases for which infection in the blood (circulation) is an important part of how viruses and bacteria cause disease. Examples of these types of diseases include diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chickenpox), pneumococcus, Haemophilus influenzae type b, polio, hepatitis A and hepatitis B.
The statement was issued in response to faulty naturopathic advice to delay immunization because breast milk provides a "natural alternative" to immunization.

QuackWatch
--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah, but flu will still kill at least some.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/opini ... ef=opinion

Llacheu

Post by Llacheu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Despite the overwhelming evidence that vaccines do not cause autism, the anti-vaxxers continue on, as reported in this blog post.
In fact, 10,500 BC was the first time Orion's belt was ever visible in the night sky and the alignment is perfect.

If you deny this you simply are a holocaust denier. - Kilik

JasonAristotle wrote:
I SAY BLIND FAITH BELIEVERS
WHO REFUSE TO CRITICALLY THINK FOR THEMSELVES
DESERVE WHATEVER THE UFO ALIENS
HAVE IN STORE FOR THEM!!!

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:32 pm

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:11 am

Tiosylanyl wrote:Fucking idiot.
And that led me to this:

What has been seen, cannot be unseen :shock:
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:39 am

Not as if he likes girls anyways.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:42 am

Tiosylanyl wrote:Fucking idiot.
Apparently this is old and allegedly false news (from 2010) that went viral again for some reason.

She's denying it however (this one is recent).
Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor That Her 11-Year-Old Son Evan Doesn't Have Autism

Jenny McCarthy is setting the record straight. The View co-host has slammed reports that her son Evan, 11, doesn't have autism. On Friday, a rumor surfaced that the 41-year-old revealed that her only child is not autistic, even though she's publicly talked about his condition over the years.

"Stories circulating online, claiming that I said my son Evan may not have autism after all, are blatantly inaccurate and completely ridiculous," McCarthy tweeted on Jan. 3. "Evan was diagnosed with autism by the Autism Evaluation Clinic at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital and was confirmed by the State of California (through their Regional Center). The implication that I have changed my position, that my child was not initially diagnosed with autism (and instead may suffer from Landau-Kleffner Syndrome), is both irresponsible and inaccurate."

She continued: "These stories cite a 'new' Time Magazine interview with me, which was actually published in 2010, that never contained any such statements by me. Continued misrepresentations, such as these, only serve to open wounds of the many families who are courageously dealing with this disorder. Please know that I am taking every legal measure necessary to set this straight."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... z2pUYuHEAD
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:45 am

She will take every legal measure to preserve her status as a willfully ignorant Cunt.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:46 am

She's still a fucking idiot.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:57 pm

You two are being unnecessarily harsh on willfully ignorant cunts and fucking idiots with such comparisons...................
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:55 pm

No.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:33 am

Growing Up Unvaccinated
I find myself wondering about the claim that complications from childhood illnesses are extremely rare but that “vaccine injuries” are rampant. If this is the case, I struggle to understand why I know far more people who have experienced complications from preventable childhood illnesses than I have ever met with complications from vaccines. I have friends who became deaf from measles. I have a partially sighted friend who contracted rubella in the womb. My ex got pneumonia from chickenpox. A friend’s brother died from meningitis.

Anecdotal evidence is nothing to base decisions on. But when facts and evidence-based science aren’t good enough to sway someone’s opinion about vaccinations, then this is where I come from. After all, anecdotes are the anti-vaccine supporters’ way: “This is my personal experience.” Well, my personal experience prompts me to vaccinate my children and myself. I got the flu vaccine recently, and I got the whooping cough booster to protect my son in the womb. My natural immunity—from having whooping cough at age 5—would not have protected him once he was born.

I understand, to a point, where the anti-vaccine parents are coming from. Back in the ’90s, when I was a concerned, 19-year-old mother, frightened by the world I was bringing my child into, I was studying homeopathy, herbalism, and aromatherapy; I believed in angels, witchcraft, clairvoyants, crop circles, aliens at Nazca, giant ginger mariners spreading their knowledge to the Aztecs, the Incas, and the Egyptians, and that I was somehow personally blessed by the Holy Spirit with healing abilities. I was having my aura read at a hefty price and filtering the fluoride out of my water. I was choosing to have past life regressions instead of taking antidepressants. I was taking my daily advice from tarot cards. I grew all my own veg and made my own herbal remedies.

I was so freaking crunchy that I literally crumbled. It was only when I took control of those paranoid thoughts and fears about the world around me and became an objective critical thinker that I got well. It was when I stopped taking sugar pills for everything and started seeing medical professionals that I began to thrive physically and mentally.

If you think your child’s immune system is strong enough to fight off vaccine-preventable diseases, then it’s strong enough to fight off the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens present in any of the vaccines.

But not everyone around you is that strong, not everyone has a choice, not everyone can fight those illnesses, and not everyone can be vaccinated. If you have a healthy child, then your healthy child can cope with vaccines and can care about those unhealthy children who can’t.
William Shakespeare

Tiosylanyl

Post by Tiosylanyl » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 am