This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 14885
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 1750 times
Been thanked: 2347 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Witness » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:00 am

Yep, they don't. And vaccines have worked so nicely that we have forgotten what, for example, smallpox really was:

Image

You could die of it, or "just" lose an eye. Most people were more or less pockmarked – even the beauties of the past…

User avatar
Miles
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am
Title: Kilometre's half-brother
Location: England
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Miles » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:Growing Up Unvaccinated

I find myself wondering about the claim that complications from childhood illnesses are extremely rare but that “vaccine injuries” are rampant. If this is the case, I struggle to understand why I know far more people who have experienced complications from preventable childhood illnesses than I have ever met with complications from vaccines. I have friends who became deaf from measles. I have a partially sighted friend who contracted rubella in the womb. My ex got pneumonia from chickenpox. A friend’s brother died from meningitis.

Anecdotal evidence is nothing to base decisions on. But when facts and evidence-based science aren’t good enough to sway someone’s opinion about vaccinations, then this is where I come from. After all, anecdotes are the anti-vaccine supporters’ way: “This is my personal experience.” Well, my personal experience prompts me to vaccinate my children and myself. I got the flu vaccine recently, and I got the whooping cough booster to protect my son in the womb. My natural immunity—from having whooping cough at age 5—would not have protected him once he was born.

I understand, to a point, where the anti-vaccine parents are coming from. Back in the ’90s, when I was a concerned, 19-year-old mother, frightened by the world I was bringing my child into, I was studying homeopathy, herbalism, and aromatherapy; I believed in angels, witchcraft, clairvoyants, crop circles, aliens at Nazca, giant ginger mariners spreading their knowledge to the Aztecs, the Incas, and the Egyptians, and that I was somehow personally blessed by the Holy Spirit with healing abilities. I was having my aura read at a hefty price and filtering the fluoride out of my water. I was choosing to have past life regressions instead of taking antidepressants. I was taking my daily advice from tarot cards. I grew all my own veg and made my own herbal remedies.

I was so freaking crunchy that I literally crumbled. It was only when I took control of those paranoid thoughts and fears about the world around me and became an objective critical thinker that I got well. It was when I stopped taking sugar pills for everything and started seeing medical professionals that I began to thrive physically and mentally.

If you think your child’s immune system is strong enough to fight off vaccine-preventable diseases, then it’s strong enough to fight off the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens present in any of the vaccines.

But not everyone around you is that strong, not everyone has a choice, not everyone can fight those illnesses, and not everyone can be vaccinated. If you have a healthy child, then your healthy child can cope with vaccines and can care about those unhealthy children who can’t.


I feel genuinely sorry for those people and difficult to perceive. When I was a child, I had a total of fifteen vaccine administrations (not excluding multiple doses concerning the same vaccine). All of the vaccinations were against diseases which possess a much higher mortality rate than any simple ailment, such as the common cold - polio, tetanus, tuberculosis, pneumococcal, etc. Diseases that can often screw you in the long-term or leave you six feet under.

But anti-vaxxers don't realize this until it's too late. The main reason there are vaccines for these diseases is due to the high mortality rate of the diseases these vaccinations immunise against. It would be less depressing if anti-vaxxers had legitimate, substantiated concerns against the vaccination cause, but they don't. All of the anti-vax agendas are founded on debunked studies or ignorance regarding basic chemistry.

Last year in England we had an outbreak of measles in Wales due to a decline in MMR vaccination. Thus all too many (fit and healthy) people died from the disease. ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-23244628 )

Can you guess why there was such a dramatic decline in MMR vaccination? /rhetorical
#ignorancekills

http://clonefive.wordpress.com/2013/07/ ... formation/
I'm allergic to woo. I break out into rant. --Miles B. 07/04/2014

AHHHHHH, SHADAP!!!!! -- JasonAristotle 07/04/2014

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66423
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3186 times
Been thanked: 2017 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Doctor X » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:36 am

The disease, previously unheard of in modern medicine, has become endemic in the United Kingdom.

I think about 20 years ago Japan allowed choice with regards to whooping cough vaccination. Anax may be able to correct me on this since he lives there, but the death rate soured. Not just the incidence--the mortality.

People forget why vaccines were developed in the very first place.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 1310 times
Been thanked: 1092 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 am

My impression is that they are overly cautious and sensitive to any adverse events related to vaccines (even where causality can't be shown) and not cautious enough about the downsides of not vaccinating.

Here's an article from 2011:

http://pediatrics.about.com/b/2011/03/0 ... roblem.htm
(Good article, lots of anti-vax comments under it. The doctor who wrote it responds well though.)

Here's one from The Lancet from last year:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(13)61831-0/fulltext
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25363
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 2655 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:32 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66423
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3186 times
Been thanked: 2017 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Can't help fools:

Anti-vaccine messages may cause permanent harm

A study of messages designed to reduce vaccine misrepresentations and increase vaccination rates for the measle-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine has found that pro-vaccine messages do not always work as intended and sometimes have the opposite effect. [Nyhan B. and others. Effective messages in vaccine promotion: A randomized trial. Pediatrics, March 3, 2014] The study involved 1759 parents who have children in their household age 17 or younger. Parents were randomly assigned to receive 1 of 4 interventions: (a) information explaining the lack of evidence that MMR causes autism, (b) textual information about the dangers of the diseases prevented by MMR, (c) images of children who have diseases prevented by the MMR vaccine, or (d) a dramatic narrative about an infant who almost died of measles. None of the interventions appeared to increase parental intent to vaccinate a future child. Refuting claims of an MMR/autism link successfully reduced misperceptions that vaccines cause autism but nonetheless decreased intent to vaccinate among parents who had the least favorable vaccine attitudes. In addition, images of sick children increased expressed belief in a vaccine/autism link and a dramatic narrative about an infant in danger increased self-reported belief in serious vaccine side effects. The authors concluded:
Current public health communications about vaccines may not be effective. For some parents, they may actually increase misperceptions or reduce vaccination intention. Attempts to increase concerns about communicable diseases or correct false claims about vaccines may be especially likely to be counterproductive. More study of pro-vaccine messaging is needed.

Individual counseling during which parents voice their fears may be more effective but can require considerable time. It might also be useful to try to decrease the spread of misinformation through mainstream media channels.

QuackWatch


--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
DrMatt
BANNED
Posts: 29811
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: Location: Location!
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by DrMatt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Doctor X wrote:Can't help fools:

Anti-vaccine messages may cause permanent harm

A study of messages designed to reduce vaccine misrepresentations and increase vaccination rates for the measle-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine has found that pro-vaccine messages do not always work as intended and sometimes have the opposite effect. [Nyhan B. and others. Effective messages in vaccine promotion: A randomized trial. Pediatrics, March 3, 2014] The study involved 1759 parents who have children in their household age 17 or younger. Parents were randomly assigned to receive 1 of 4 interventions: (a) information explaining the lack of evidence that MMR causes autism, (b) textual information about the dangers of the diseases prevented by MMR, (c) images of children who have diseases prevented by the MMR vaccine, or (d) a dramatic narrative about an infant who almost died of measles. None of the interventions appeared to increase parental intent to vaccinate a future child. Refuting claims of an MMR/autism link successfully reduced misperceptions that vaccines cause autism but nonetheless decreased intent to vaccinate among parents who had the least favorable vaccine attitudes. In addition, images of sick children increased expressed belief in a vaccine/autism link and a dramatic narrative about an infant in danger increased self-reported belief in serious vaccine side effects. The authors concluded:
Current public health communications about vaccines may not be effective. For some parents, they may actually increase misperceptions or reduce vaccination intention. Attempts to increase concerns about communicable diseases or correct false claims about vaccines may be especially likely to be counterproductive. More study of pro-vaccine messaging is needed.

Individual counseling during which parents voice their fears may be more effective but can require considerable time. It might also be useful to try to decrease the spread of misinformation through mainstream media channels.

QuackWatch


--J.D.

Waiting for folks on this board to say that such science is only done with the intent of taking away their liberties.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 1310 times
Been thanked: 1092 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:41 am

DrMatt wrote:
Doctor X wrote:Can't help fools:

Anti-vaccine messages may cause permanent harm

A study of messages designed to reduce vaccine misrepresentations and increase vaccination rates for the measle-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine has found that pro-vaccine messages do not always work as intended and sometimes have the opposite effect. [Nyhan B. and others. Effective messages in vaccine promotion: A randomized trial. Pediatrics, March 3, 2014] The study involved 1759 parents who have children in their household age 17 or younger. Parents were randomly assigned to receive 1 of 4 interventions: (a) information explaining the lack of evidence that MMR causes autism, (b) textual information about the dangers of the diseases prevented by MMR, (c) images of children who have diseases prevented by the MMR vaccine, or (d) a dramatic narrative about an infant who almost died of measles. None of the interventions appeared to increase parental intent to vaccinate a future child. Refuting claims of an MMR/autism link successfully reduced misperceptions that vaccines cause autism but nonetheless decreased intent to vaccinate among parents who had the least favorable vaccine attitudes. In addition, images of sick children increased expressed belief in a vaccine/autism link and a dramatic narrative about an infant in danger increased self-reported belief in serious vaccine side effects. The authors concluded:
Current public health communications about vaccines may not be effective. For some parents, they may actually increase misperceptions or reduce vaccination intention. Attempts to increase concerns about communicable diseases or correct false claims about vaccines may be especially likely to be counterproductive. More study of pro-vaccine messaging is needed.

Individual counseling during which parents voice their fears may be more effective but can require considerable time. It might also be useful to try to decrease the spread of misinformation through mainstream media channels.

QuackWatch


--J.D.

Waiting for folks on this board to say that such science is only done with the intent of taking away their liberties.


Their "Freedumb". The freedom to be dumb!
Because, OUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!!!!1!!1!
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25363
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 2655 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Story in TIME claims there may be a link between autism and pollution:

http://time.com/25424/growing-evidence- ... pollution/

A new study offers strong evidence that environmental toxins play a role in the disorder. The report looked at birth defects associated with parental exposure to pollution and found a 1% increase in the defects corresponded to a 283% increase in autism

Several studies have shown a link between air pollution and autism, but a new study published in the journal PLOS Computational Biology is one of the largest to put the two together.


The study:

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/inf ... bi.1003518

Environmental and State-Level Regulatory Factors Affect the Incidence of Autism and Intellectual Disability
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 69401
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2773 times
Been thanked: 1063 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Story in TIME claims there may be a link between autism and pollution climate change ...


I made it sexier for you. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25363
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 2655 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Story in TIME claims there may be a link between autism and pollution climate change ...


I made it sexier for you. :)

You're such a tease. Next you'll be offering me a cup of coffee.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
hammegk
Posts: 15134
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:16 pm
Title: Curmudgeon
Location: Hither, sometimes Yon
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by hammegk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Story in TIME claims there may be a link between autism and pollution climate change ...


I made it sexier for you. :)

You're such a tease. Next you'll be offering me a cup of coffee.

Only if he can get you on the elevator. :D

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 69401
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2773 times
Been thanked: 1063 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:52 pm

:BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 14885
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 1750 times
Been thanked: 2347 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Witness » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Huff Post wrote:Kristin Cavallari: 'I've Read Too Many Books' To Vaccinate My Child

Reality television star Kristin Cavallari is standing by her comment that she will not vaccinate her children because she believes it could cause autism.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/14/kristin-cavallari-vaccinations_n_4965047.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Explain that, skeptics!

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25363
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 2655 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:09 am

hammegk wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Story in TIME claims there may be a link between autism and pollution climate change ...


I made it sexier for you. :)

You're such a tease. Next you'll be offering me a cup of coffee.

Only if he can get you on the elevator. :D

I always keep my back to the corner.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
hammegk
Posts: 15134
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:16 pm
Title: Curmudgeon
Location: Hither, sometimes Yon
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by hammegk » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:06 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
hammegk wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Story in TIME claims there may be a link between autism and pollution climate change ...


I made it sexier for you. :)

You're such a tease. Next you'll be offering me a cup of coffee.

Only if he can get you on the elevator. :D

I always keep my back to the corner.

Based on his recent posts he favors blowjobs so you are in good shape.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25363
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 2655 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Fortunately, I don't drink coffee.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 1310 times
Been thanked: 1092 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 am

Tiosylanyl wrote:Fucking idiot.



One other bit of irony that escaped my attention until now:

Supposedly vaccines are bad because they contain "toxins" but:

“I love Botox, I absolutely love it,” she said. “I get it minimally, so I can still move my face. But I really do think it’s a savior.”
Read more at http://www.accesshollywood.com/jenny-mc ... jBhZuY7.99


So here we have a real toxin, and not just any toxin but the most virulent one known to science and she has it injected into her face with a syringe.

But no vaccines please, they contain "toxins"!
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66423
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3186 times
Been thanked: 2017 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Doctor X » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:49 am

Jenny's Original Question on Twitter

What is the most important personality trait you look for in a mate? Reply using #JennyAsks
— Jenny McCarthy (@JennyMcCarthy) March 13, 2014

By Unknown

Someone who vaccinates, b/c I'd want our kids to survive. @JennyMcCarthy: Most important trait you look for in mate? Reply w/ #JennyAsks
— Seth Mnookin (@sethmnookin) March 15, 2014

By Unknown

Someone who respects that science isn't on some secret malicious crusade to screw us over and that vaccinations save lives #JennyAsks
— Scallywag (@ScallywagSprint) March 14, 2014

By Unknown

What qualities do I look for in a mate? Science literacy and critical thinking skills. #JennyAsks
— Tricia-Lee (@tricialeesings) March 16, 2014

By Unknown

#JennyAsks someone who gets their medical advice from real doctors, not antivax cranks.
— Michael Rops (@SkepticalBelg) March 14, 2014

By Unknown

While I do love getting diseases that were eradicated in the last century, I would say vaccinated is a trait I look for #JennyAsks
— Jennifer Lott (@JennLott) March 14, 2014

By Unknown

Ideal mate accepts scientific consensus & considers the elderly, infants & immune compromised b4 spreading baseless hysteria. #JennyAsks
— Kevin Folta (@kevinfolta) March 16, 2014

By Unknown

Donate to the @RedCross Measles & Rubella Initiative http://t.co/dEob5hisuk #JennyAsks :D
— Radium Yttrium (@DrRubidium) March 15, 2014

By Unknown

Enough understanding of science that they don't end up with a "body count" website named after them http://t.co/wF7gGMwpvU #JennyAsks
— Brett Morrison (@brettmorrison) March 18, 2014

By Unknown

Someone who, when coughing, I can be pretty certain does not have Whooping Cough (Pertussis)...because he was vaccinated. #JennyAsks
— Ranit Mishori MD MHS (@ranitmd) March 18, 2014

By Unknown

#JennyAsks what I want in a mate? Someone with enough grasp of reality to know that Botox is toxic and vaccines aren't.
— Martin Koch (@MartinKochIssuu) March 18, 2014

By Unknown

FAILBlog


--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Miles
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am
Title: Kilometre's half-brother
Location: England
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: This Just in . . . Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Post by Miles » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Jenny's Original Question on Twitter

What is the most important personality trait you look for in a mate? Reply using #JennyAsks
— Jenny McCarthy (@JennyMcCarthy) March 13, 2014

By Unknown

Someone who vaccinates, b/c I'd want our kids to survive. @JennyMcCarthy: Most important trait you look for in mate? Reply w/ #JennyAsks
— Seth Mnookin (@sethmnookin) March 15, 2014

By Unknown

Someone who respects that science isn't on some secret malicious crusade to screw us over and that vaccinations save lives #JennyAsks
— Scallywag (@ScallywagSprint) March 14, 2014

By Unknown

What qualities do I look for in a mate? Science literacy and critical thinking skills. #JennyAsks
— Tricia-Lee (@tricialeesings) March 16, 2014

By Unknown

#JennyAsks someone who gets their medical advice from real doctors, not antivax cranks.
— Michael Rops (@SkepticalBelg) March 14, 2014

By Unknown

While I do love getting diseases that were eradicated in the last century, I would say vaccinated is a trait I look for #JennyAsks
— Jennifer Lott (@JennLott) March 14, 2014

By Unknown

Ideal mate accepts scientific consensus & considers the elderly, infants & immune compromised b4 spreading baseless hysteria. #JennyAsks
— Kevin Folta (@kevinfolta) March 16, 2014

By Unknown

Donate to the @RedCross Measles & Rubella Initiative http://t.co/dEob5hisuk #JennyAsks :D
— Radium Yttrium (@DrRubidium) March 15, 2014

By Unknown

Enough understanding of science that they don't end up with a "body count" website named after them http://t.co/wF7gGMwpvU #JennyAsks
— Brett Morrison (@brettmorrison) March 18, 2014

By Unknown

Someone who, when coughing, I can be pretty certain does not have Whooping Cough (Pertussis)...because he was vaccinated. #JennyAsks
— Ranit Mishori MD MHS (@ranitmd) March 18, 2014

By Unknown

#JennyAsks what I want in a mate? Someone with enough grasp of reality to know that Botox is toxic and vaccines aren't.
— Martin Koch (@MartinKochIssuu) March 18, 2014

By Unknown

FAILBlog


--J.D.


That bitch got owned. :D
I'm allergic to woo. I break out into rant. --Miles B. 07/04/2014

AHHHHHH, SHADAP!!!!! -- JasonAristotle 07/04/2014