Sorry to make you cryotherapy

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Sorry to make you cryotherapy

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Subjecting the body to brief exposure to subzero temperatures seems a bit stupid to me.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... _cryo.html

According to the website, uscryotherapy.com, "Cryotherapy is localized or whole-body exposure to subzero temperatures to decrease inflammation, increase cellular survival, decrease pain and spasms, and promote overall health. It is not a medical procedure, but a non-invasive option for people seeking faster recovery [and] better health.''

It sounded like a good idea at the time.

It's actually a fairly simple process that takes less than three minutes. After filling out a health questionnaire and being accepted, we were shown the locker rooms to change. Women wear T-shirts, sports bras and basketball-type shorts, while men wear the shorts and no T-shirts. The center provided each of us with a headband, surgical mask, mittens that feel like oven mitts, tube socks and fleece-lined rubber-soled slippers that would have saved Harris.

The hardest part was picking a song to play while we were in the deep freeze. Clifton sent out a tweet asking for suggestions and we finally agreed on "Ice Ice Baby.'' Thank you, Tom Withers of the Associated Press.

Just before entering, we had the temperature of our skin taken. Each of us was 88 degrees going into the chamber.

The chamber itself is divided into two parts, each about the size of a small closet. Four people can stand comfortably. The warm-up chamber -- and I use that term lightly -- is set at minus-76. We spent 30 seconds in there before walking through a glass door with a wooden handle into a little bit bigger chamber where the temperature is minus-166. We spent a LONG two minutes in there.

I'm not gonna lie. It was shocking. I'm also not gonna lie. Lloyd screamed louder than Clifton or I -- and swore more.

No thanks. You are stupid.

..and for lagniappe...

http://www.uscryotherapy.com/

Disclaimer: Information contained within this website and on all US Cryotherapy printed material is for informational purposes only. US Cryotherapy does not recommend cold therapy as a form of treatment for any illness or disease without direction from your healthcare professional. All material contained within this site is copyrighted. All rights reserved. The cold therapy products and equipment have not been tested or approved by the FDA or any other government agencies.
Use at your own risk.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Sorry to make you cryotherapy

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:42 pm

What about when they freeze you before you die of inoperable cancer and when they wake you up four hundred years later hilarity ensues?

What about that, smart guy? :p
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:31 pm

As long as they don't drop your head and crack it, you're good to go.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:31 am

Bah, that's nothing for a true Russian:

(Very tasteful image…)

And from RT:
Almost 94,000 people across Russia bathed in the ice-cold rivers and ponds over the night of January 18-19, braving the freezing winter temperatures to celebrate the Orthodox Christian holiday of Epiphany, the baptism of Jesus.

Bathers in Yakutia, in Russia’s Far East, had to perform the traditional triple plunge in exceptionally chilly temperatures of – 45 C (-49 F). The waters of the Lena River they submerged into were only a couple of degrees above freezing.

OK, remains stupid.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 am

In Russia . . . global warming freezes you!

Hello? Are you out there? I can hear you breathing.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!