Passive smoking?

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
LadyGaia95

Passive smoking?

Post by LadyGaia95 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 am

my parents both happen to smoke and due to health problems i dont feel stable living in another house on my own.

anyway my grandma recently died of cancer and i think thats triggered off a new line of OCD for me involving cigarette smoke.

my parents always smoke in the kitchen or living room, with the windows open and the doors shut. i spend 90% of the day in my room working always being sure my door is shut too. i only come into the kitchen or living room if i know nobodys lit up a cig for about 3 hours (i read on a few sites that say the toxic chemicals in smoke that cause cancer arent in the air anymore by that point)

but am i still at risk ? or is my exposure little to none ? i already live in an area with high radon levels so i dont need any more risky preventable things introduced to my body.
My parents happen to be the types that believe conspiracy theorists and ironically believe smoking causing cancer is ''propoganda'' JUST because a handful of people they knew smoked their whole life without getting cancer while ignoring all the cancer deaths that cannot be genetically linked.
Last edited by LadyGaia95 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Passive smoking?

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:26 am

First.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:28 am

--J. "Whatever Baby Wants" D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

silverdrake
Title: Girlie Girl

Post by silverdrake » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:34 am

You live with your parents?

How old are you?

LadyGaia95

Post by LadyGaia95 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:39 am

silverdrake wrote:You live with your parents?

How old are you?

i have my reasons. i have some severe heart problems which can cause my blood pressure to drop dangerously low
and if i faint it can be dangerous
so im always supervised (parents check on me every hour or so)
i also have epilepsy

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:39 am

How old are you?

--J.D.

silverdrake

Post by silverdrake » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 am

LadyGaia95 wrote:

How old are you?

i have my reasons. i have some severe heart problems which can cause my blood pressure to drop dangerously low
and if i faint it can be dangerous
so im always supervised (parents check on me every hour or so)
i also have epilepsy

Uh huh......

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:01 am

And so the play for sympathy begins. . . .

I can only hope the Cunt does not try to show a week old surgical scar gathered from the internet and claim it is five years old . . . with staples intact!

Must have . . . forgotten to get those staples out! Also best not to claim to have a tumor that kills 80+% within about 4 years.

I do not suppose it can identify the form of epilepsy. Oh let us give him some time to consult Wikipedia to find something really interesting!

Why do they always use "brain tumors/strokes/epilepsy" when they seek sympathy? I can recall one dumbass who claimed she had "a DEADLY TUMOR!!11!!" which "the doctors would not operate on because it was Thanksgiving!!11!"

Uh . . . no, hospitals and ORs are open on Thanksgiving. Even on Tupac's birthday.

--J.D.

silverdrake

Post by silverdrake » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:54 am

What did she do when ya called her out about the not operating on Thanksgiving?

Gaia- your posts certainly reflect the immature logic of an 18 year-old.

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Doctor X wrote:
I do not suppose it can identify the form of epilepsy.
--J.D.

The bad kind.
- new minimalist ethos -

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:49 pm

silverdrake wrote:What did she do when ya called her out about the not operating on Thanksgiving?

I made my assessment privately. The "Peanut Gallery" were fans of her. To call her out publicly would have been "mean." We were dealing with low-watt bulbs.

--J.D.

silverdrake

Post by silverdrake » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:01 pm

She would probably have been too stupid to understand if you had called her on it.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:05 pm

I removed any association with the site. Some fucktards still wonder how they were duped as they latch on to the next Attention Whore. Giving out personal information.

I cannot help fools.

--J.D.

MRC_Hans

Post by MRC_Hans » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:37 pm

LadyGaia95 wrote:my parents both happen to smoke and due to health problems i dont feel stable living in another house on my own.

anyway my grandma recently died of cancer and i think thats triggered off a new line of OCD for me involving cigarette smoke.

OK, explains several Things. :wink:

my parents always smoke in the kitchen or living room, with the windows open and the doors shut. i spend 90% of the day in my room working always being sure my door is shut too. i only come into the kitchen or living room if i know nobodys lit up a cig for about 3 hours (i read on a few sites that say the toxic chemicals in smoke that cause cancer arent in the air anymore by that point)

but am i still at risk ? or is my exposure little to none ? i already live in an area with high radon levels so i dont need any more risky preventable things introduced to my body.
My parents happen to be the types that believe conspiracy theorists and ironically believe smoking causing cancer is ''propoganda'' JUST because a handful of people they knew smoked their whole life without getting cancer while ignoring all the cancer deaths that cannot be genetically linked.

Well, passive smoking is not good for you, but the risk is not that serious. Be fit and watch your weight, and you can offset the exposure.

Hans
[i]Fly pretty, anyone can fly safe...[/i]

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:40 pm

And buy a good vibrator to take your mind off second hand (and perhaps as dangerous in a smokers' house, third hand) smoke.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't really play sock puppet games but here goes as a public service.

The doctors who first found the link between smoking and cancer, did so by shaving the backs of rodents and applying cigarette tar to their backs repeatedly.

One of the two doctors was a young idealist who had problems with the old guard dismissing his idea about the link between smoking and lung cancer. The older doctor was a heavy smoker who didn't believe the hypothesis himself.

After doing the math, the older doctor figured out he was already a goner due to his own smoking.

Recently "third hand smoke" has been in the press. Think about the rodents. They weren't subjected to smoke, but to tar. The kind that lingers on walls and furniture where smokers are.

Carcinogens are all around you, but some people are unaware of the dangers of "third hand smoke". It isn't just a new media health scare. It's highly unlikely to develop cancer from it, but it is real. You aren't exactly pasting tar to yourself.

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:56 pm

corplinx wrote:I don't really play sock puppet games but here goes as a public service.

The doctors who first found the link between smoking and cancer, did so by shaving the backs of rodents and applying cigarette tar to their backs repeatedly.

Just out of curiosity.... Are you talking about the 1960s in the USA, or the 1930s in Germany?

My recollection was that between 1941 and 1962, a lot of science done in Germany got discarded by American politicians.... the turning point being Sputnik, which put Von Braun back in business.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:33 pm

DrMatt wrote:Just out of curiosity.... Are you talking about the 1960s in the USA, or the 1930s in Germany?

This is Murica. It ain't science til we say it is.