Anti-vaxxer tears are sweet like candy

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Witness

Re: Anti-vaxxer tears are sweet like candy

Postby Witness » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am

Doctor X wrote:Have not trusted her since she wanted more money for Star Trek III-What the FUCK? and then go fat and pathetic.

--J.D.

Be careful of what you say, I gather she's an Operating Thetan level 7! Image

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:38 am

Pffft.

I am a Level 15 Rogue.
All Hail The Crimson King

Witness

Postby Witness » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:55 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Pffft.

I am a Level 15 Rogue.

Piffle, I got the amulet of Yendor.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:12 am

Abdul Alhazred unsheathes the mighty Geekbane.

It glows bright white. :coolspecs:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:16 am

Sorry, Level 15 rogue. Geekbane's sheath is empty
All Hail The Crimson King

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:17 am

:lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:59 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Dunning-Kruger in action

You just know it's gonna be a hoot when Teh Dumbth starts off with "At my church......."
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

DrMatt
BANNED

Postby DrMatt » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:16 am

Vaccines turn you into Freddie Mercury.

It worked for Freddie, so?
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Jim Carrey Please Shut Up:

Jeffrey Kluger is Editor at Large for TIME.

The erstwhile Ace Ventura sounds off about vaccines. Spoiler alert: he's wrong

Say this for the anti-vax clown car: it never seems to run out of new punchinellos to climb inside. If it’s not scientific fabulist Andrew Wakefield, he of the fraudulent study that got the whole vaccine-autism myth started, it’s Jenny McCarthy, she of the supposedly vaccine-injured son whose autism was cured in part by—yes!—a gluten-free diet because, um, gluten is bad, very bad.

After McCarthy, there was Saturday Night Live alum Rob Schneider—because when you’re looking for guidance on the wisdom of vaccines, who are you going to trust: the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and the National Institutes of Health, or the man who gave us Deuce Bigelow, Male Gigolo? I mean, hello, the movie was huge. He neglects Schneider's seminal The Stapler and Derpt De Derpt Dee Doo, both rated PG-13.

Now, to this group of board-certified jesters add Jim Carrey—the ex-Mr. Jenny McCarthy—who rose on July 1 in all his orange-wigged, floppy-shoed, seltzer-down-the-pants fury to condemn California Governor Jerry Brown for the high crime of common sense, after Brown signed a law that requires virtually all kids in the state to be fully vaccinated as a pre-condition for attending public school.

Refers to the above reproduced tweets and stupidity of Carrey.

And there was more too, but really, it doesn’t matter. Never mind that Carrey does not understand the difference between ethylmercury and methylmercury or the fact that there is virtually no mercury of any kind left in vaccines. Never mind that he doesn’t seem to know that to the extent that aluminum is in vaccines at all, it is there only as an adjuvant—or immune system stimulant—and is well-handled by the body, especially in the trace amounts that it’s found in vaccines. And never mind too that if you’re going for the ad hominem attack—a staple of anti-vaxxers—calling a man like Jerry Brown, better known as Governor Moonbeam, a “fascist” is a bit wide of the argumentative mark.

. . . .

A movement that begins with a study conducted by a doctor so thoroughly discredited that he’s not even allowed to practice medicine in his native United Kingdom anymore (Wakefield) and takes flight thanks to the prattlings of a Playboy model and talk show guest (McCarthy) ought not to have a chance against the informed scientific opinion of virtually every medical group on Earth. That it does says something about the hucksters’ ability to sell their nonsense and the human tendency to pay more attention to famous but wrong-headed people than to unglamorous but smart ones.

But that’s finally changing. The anti-vax act has at last gotten old, and it’s gotten tired and the cost—sick children, lost school days, outbreaks of diseases like measles, mumps and whooping cough—has gotten too high.

Like all fringe groups eventually do, the anti-vaxxers are now entering their rump-faction stage, dwindling to an angry, dense, immune-to-reason core. Soon enough, they’ll be gone. The likes of Carrey—today’s foghorn, tomorrow’s footnote—will vanish with them. And America’s children—not for nothing—will be better for it.

Jeffrey Kluger: Time

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Return to “Medicine, Health, & Nutrition”