Anti-vax is REALLY turning pro-disease

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Nyarlathotep

Anti-vax is REALLY turning pro-disease

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I used to call anti-vaxxers "pro-disease" just as a snarky way of pointing out the consequences of their beliefs and actions. I am increasingly seeing them going around trying to claim that the diseases that vaccines prevent are actually GOOD for you. Not the standard "measles isn't that harmful" bullshit or even the "natural immunity' is (somehow) better than the immunity conferred by vaccines" lines of thinking that have been around for a while now. No, I am talking about them making claims like "measles prevents cancer" and similarly idiotic bullshit. Like this
measles.jpg
So, asking the brain trust around these parts, do you think this is desperation on their parts to justify their beliefs? Pure contrariness (I.e. the eeeeviiiilll doctors say that measles is bad, therefore it must be good)? A natural evolution of their stupidity? Other?

Just curious what other people think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Anti-vax is REALLY turning pro-disease

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:23 pm

They always were pro-disease.

It's just they are getting bolder when it comes to public pronouncements.

They are anti-humans.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:14 am

They are fucktards with little or no critical thinking skills. As The Good Doctor is fond of saying: "Can't help fools."
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:38 am

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:45 am

"The page you want isn't here......."
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:14 am

This is nothing less than assault.

I can hear Jack McCoy screaming "Depraved indifference!"

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:27 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:this is desperation on their parts
That's the general impression I got from googling around those last days. Their beliefs have been seriously swatted (notably homeopathy) in many places.

They should look at that:

That being said:
– like the religious cockroaches they'll never give up;
– the immune system has to be taught, but we need intelligent means and not unleashing epidemics. Not my field, so we'll ask our resident Good DoctorTM.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:05 am

sparks wrote:"The page you want isn't here......."
Sorry, were you using a mobile phone? Same thing happened to me actually when I tried using my phone. I guess you can only see it with a desktop or laptop computer. If you follow the link with a mobile phone it tries to redirect you to a mobile version which doesn't exist or the link is wrong or something like that.

Here:
'Why I Chose Not to Vaccinate My Son'
YourTango
July 25, 2015

Photo Credit: iStock

ByMichele Brookhaus

Like most parents, when I had to learn to parent my son on the fly. It’s what we do.

I didn’t really know what I thought about vaccinations when, at 2 months, my son had his first set of them. After all, I was vaccinated and didn’t seem to come out any worse for wear. I had also been on a bit of a “health kick” in my later 20s and early 30s, so I knew it was something I “should” look at a little more carefully.

But I Didn’t — And I Was Sorry

Within days of getting his first set of vaccinations, my son developed cradle cap that moved into a skin eruption that got worse and worse. It spread down his face, back, arms and legs until only his belly was clear — and it itched like crazy. We had to keep socks on his hands and watched in amazement as he learned how to scratch his own back by twisting in his car seat.

My Son’s Reaction Wasn’t “Mild”

And, of course, it didn’t help him sleep. We were beside ourselves. Skin irritation is “mild” reaction, but when your baby isn’t sleeping because his whole body is inflamed, it’s not mild in my book.

Eczema is not a typical reaction to vaccinations, but it’s a possibility. Seizures, brain damage, autism, joint pain, anaphylactic shock are also other possibilities.

Parents NEED To Take Responsibility For Their Kids’ Health

Babies’ immune systems are fragile, and there are so many more vaccinations given today than when I was a kid. Parents are the vanguard of their kids’ health. Please know this and take it on.

I was lucky enough to have a family doctor that supported my decision — and my right — to not go forward with any further vaccinations. (Even though she didn’t agree with me.)

Not Everyone Agrees With Me, With My Choice

I know that there are plenty of people out there who actively fight against this viewpoint.

I think it’s a shame that California’s legislature, which recently passed a law removing the “personal belief” exemption from the state’s vaccine requirements for children, has taken that right away from parents. We, as parents, know our children. We have a sense of what might be right or wrong for our child. How can the state strip us of our right to protect our kids?

I Believe In Natural Medicine

I’ve been a homeopath for 18 years now. I’ve seen my own susceptibilities to chronic sinus infections disappear. My son’s skin has been clear since he was two-years-old. But I also know that a shot of foreign toxic material could us back. It’s not that our immune systems are fragile, but I care what goes into our bodies. And I’m mindful.

They say vaccinations create healthy kids. Maybe that was true at one time. I think some vaccinations are potentially valuable, but I think, these days, there are just WAY too many.

My son had a tetanus shot before camp because — I get it — he might step on a rusty nail. But it was my choice, as his parent, to allow him to receive that shot.

Parents have both a right and a responsibility to keep their kids healthy and safe, so I believe that, whether or not you want to vaccinate your kids, it’s YOUR choice.

Michele Brookhaus RSHom(NA), CCH is a classical homeopath and can be reached for consultation at Beyond Well.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:10 am

We can give children polio. Those who survive should be immune . . . from another polio infection.

Granted, they may eventually suffer post-polio syndromy.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL East Champs!!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:48 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
sparks wrote:"The page you want isn't here......."
Sorry, were you using a mobile phone? Same thing happened to me actually when I tried using my phone. I guess you can only see it with a desktop or laptop computer. If you follow the link with a mobile phone it tries to redirect you to a mobile version which doesn't exist or the link is wrong or something like that.

Here:
'Why I Chose Not to Vaccinate My Son'
YourTango
July 25, 2015

Photo Credit: iStock

ByMichele Brookhaus

Like most parents, when I had to learn to parent my son on the fly. It’s what we do.

I didn’t really know what I thought about vaccinations when, at 2 months, my son had his first set of them. After all, I was vaccinated and didn’t seem to come out any worse for wear. I had also been on a bit of a “health kick” in my later 20s and early 30s, so I knew it was something I “should” look at a little more carefully.

But I Didn’t — And I Was Sorry

Within days of getting his first set of vaccinations, my son developed cradle cap that moved into a skin eruption that got worse and worse. It spread down his face, back, arms and legs until only his belly was clear — and it itched like crazy. We had to keep socks on his hands and watched in amazement as he learned how to scratch his own back by twisting in his car seat.

My Son’s Reaction Wasn’t “Mild”

And, of course, it didn’t help him sleep. We were beside ourselves. Skin irritation is “mild” reaction, but when your baby isn’t sleeping because his whole body is inflamed, it’s not mild in my book.

Eczema is not a typical reaction to vaccinations, but it’s a possibility. Seizures, brain damage, autism, joint pain, anaphylactic shock are also other possibilities.

Parents NEED To Take Responsibility For Their Kids’ Health

Babies’ immune systems are fragile, and there are so many more vaccinations given today than when I was a kid. Parents are the vanguard of their kids’ health. Please know this and take it on.

I was lucky enough to have a family doctor that supported my decision — and my right — to not go forward with any further vaccinations. (Even though she didn’t agree with me.)

Not Everyone Agrees With Me, With My Choice

I know that there are plenty of people out there who actively fight against this viewpoint.

I think it’s a shame that California’s legislature, which recently passed a law removing the “personal belief” exemption from the state’s vaccine requirements for children, has taken that right away from parents. We, as parents, know our children. We have a sense of what might be right or wrong for our child. How can the state strip us of our right to protect our kids?

I Believe In Natural Medicine

I’ve been a homeopath for 18 years now. I’ve seen my own susceptibilities to chronic sinus infections disappear. My son’s skin has been clear since he was two-years-old. But I also know that a shot of foreign toxic material could us back. It’s not that our immune systems are fragile, but I care what goes into our bodies. And I’m mindful.

They say vaccinations create healthy kids. Maybe that was true at one time. I think some vaccinations are potentially valuable, but I think, these days, there are just WAY too many.

My son had a tetanus shot before camp because — I get it — he might step on a rusty nail. But it was my choice, as his parent, to allow him to receive that shot.

Parents have both a right and a responsibility to keep their kids healthy and safe, so I believe that, whether or not you want to vaccinate your kids, it’s YOUR choice.

Michele Brookhaus RSHom(NA), CCH is a classical homeopath and can be reached for consultation at Beyond Well.
I tried it on a desktop and it didn't work either.

Oh, and no, the punchline doesn't come halfway in. It is nothing BUT punchline

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Doctor X wrote:We can give children polio. Those who survive should be immune . . . from another polio infection.

--J.D.
Sadly, the "those who survive" bit is another stupid yet chilling justification I hear them make. Diseases are a natural form of eugenics, you see. If we let diseases kill off whomever they kill off, then all the survivors are stronger for it.

I have actually seen several of them make that argument. Made me wish I could reach through my monitor and punch them in the face.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:35 am

Doctor X wrote:This is nothing less than assault.

--J.D.
I was going to say, "Pro disease? How about 'anti-children."
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:04 am

Pyrrho wrote:
Doctor X wrote:This is nothing less than assault.

--J.D.
I was going to say, "Pro disease? How about 'anti-children."
All of the above.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Tiosylanyl
Title: The Three-eyed Raven

Post by Tiosylanyl » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:11 am

Doctor X wrote:We can give children polio. Those who survive should be immune . . . from another polio infection.

I'll just put this right here.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:03 am

Yeah, but think of all of the Autism they have!

And why do you want Nigerians to lack the wonderful benefits of ignorant eugenics?

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!