Woman who discovered German homeopaths on hallucinogenic drug describes 'scene of horror'
The owner of a German convention centre where almost 30 delegates at an alternative medicine conference were hospitalised after taking a hallucinogenic drug has described the “scene of horror” as she found them screaming on the ground.
Stefka Weiland, manager of the Tanzheimat Inzmühlen in Handeloh, said that a week after the incident she was still “shocked to the core”.
German media had described how the 29 “Heilpraktikers” , including homeopaths and naturopaths, were found “staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibberish and suffering severe cramps”.
Ms Weiland told NDR that she went to investigate what was happening after hearing “strange screams” and cries.
She arrived at the building where the “healers” had been holding their event to find them lying outside in the garden and in the street, with some writhing around and some unconscious.
“Naturally I called the emergency services and thankfully they got here quickly, because it was a scene of horror that I found here,” Ms Weiland added.
More than 150 medical staff, ambulances and police descended on the scene and took the delegates to hospital, where some were found to be seriously ill.
. . .
Police have reportedly being interviewing the naturopaths but have not announced a possible cause for the mass overdose.
Ms Weiland believes that they had been “experimenting” after finding the ground littered with blood-stained needles, mattresses, cushions and blankets.
There's also a conspiracy theory that somehow "big pharma" is behind this:
But some commentators on alternative medicine forums and websites have suggested that the group of Heilpraktikers were deliberately poisoned by a third party.
“Another attack on alternative medicine?” asked the headline on RealPharmacy.com, above an article claiming pharmaceutical companies were “at war with the alternative medical community”.
"We are all lied to, there are many things hidden in the shadows and depths of big money,” one person wrote in a comment on HealthNutNews.com.