Holistic oncology

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Holistic oncology

Post by Pyrrho » Fri May 27, 2016 5:14 pm

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2016/ ... advocates/
I like to put it this way, even if the highest estimate I’ve ever seen for how many mammographically detected breast cancers are overdiagnosed, one in three, were accurate and other studies that find that as many as one in five mammographically detected breast cancers might regress, I’d still say it’s a bad idea for DiNallo not to undergo effective treatment because in that case the odds would still be between 67 and 80% that her cancer will progress to endanger her life, especially given how young she is. In reality, her odds are almost certainly considerably worse than that because, as I’ve discussed before, most estimates of overdiagnosis are between 5 and 20%. Ms. DiNallo might luck out and be someone whose tumor doesn’t progress or even regresses, but I sure as hell wouldn’t recommend betting her life on it, which is exactly what she’s doing right now. So far she has gotten away with it, but the odds of her continuing to do so are not in her favor.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: Holistic oncology

Post by corplinx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:09 pm

I hate reading those sorts of stories.

Every cancer is a snowflake, but only the quacks and frauds pretend there is panacea cure.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Excellent article.

Does anyone even want to guess what the cost of this quackery is beyond loss of life?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Money better spent on other research.

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/trea ... astons-pdq
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.