Anti-vaxxers in power

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
Witness

Anti-vaxxers in power

Post by Witness » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:06 am

Relax, it's Italy:
Anti-vaccine Italian Government Sacks Entire Health Expert Board

The vaccine-skeptic Italian government has sacked every member of the country’s health advisory board, raising fears that the populist administration will sideline accepted science and inflict long-lasting damage on public health.

Health minister Giulia Grillo removed all 30 members of the Higher Health Council Monday, arguing it is time to “give space to the new,” The Guardian reported.

The council is the country’s most prominent body of technical-scientific experts, who advise the government on health policy.

Grillo is a member of the Five Star Movement (MS5)—the senior party in Italy’s ruling coalition, which has previously supported unproven cures for cancer and promised to overturn laws making vaccines mandatory for children.

Explaining her decision, Grillo wrote on Facebook, “We are the #governmentofchange and, as I have already done with the appointments of the various organs and committees of the ministry, I have chosen to open the door to other deserving personalities.”

Among those removed from their posts is former council president, Roberta Siliquini, who also serves as the head of the school of hygiene and preventive medicine at the University of Turin.

Siliquini told The Guardian: “We are worried about why they have decided to remove people who were selected due to their experience and competencies at the highest level.” She added, “We are also worried about who will make up the next council and especially if the nominations are politically motivated.”
https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaccine-i ... rd-1242759

From Giulia Grillo's Wiki page (she's an MD):
In contrast to some members of her party who doubt the effectiveness of vaccines, Grillo believes that vaccines are necessary, but has expressed some trepidation about mandatory vaccinations for children, preferring instead a strategy of convincing distrustful parents about the necessity of vaccinations. In addition, Grillo has also criticised the perceived closeness between vaccine manufacturers and the Italian Medicines Agency.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Anti-vaxxers in power

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:33 am

I'd say unusually libertarian rather than anti-vax.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:48 am

Follow the blood money, because that's what it is.

Measles is already spreading because of lowering rates of vaccination and measles will now spread even more because of this political chicanery.

Children will die, and I'm not just saying that to score glurge points. Children will die.

Fuck those fools. They got their vaccinations. They won't suffer; they'll make money. I wish there was a hell they could burn in.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 am

Children have died.

The disease when from a historical oddity to endemic in the United Kingdom.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

shemp
Title: stooge

Post by shemp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:20 am

Brainless fucking cunts.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:33 am
I'd say unusually libertarian rather than anti-vax.
In practice, the effect is the same.

It's always been easier to sell anti-vax by wrapping it up in libertarian-sounding reasons.

"Let the people decide for themselves." "Don't give too much power to the government."

Sure, but if everyone doesn't participate, the disease can make a comeback.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 am

Libertarians are the types who think they have an opinion on reality.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

xouper

Post by xouper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:19 am

Doctor X wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 am

--J.D.
Same as conservatives and liberals and greenies, etc. Everyone thinks they have an opinion on reality, including you. Perhaps you might wish to rephrase what you intended to say.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 am

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Reality:

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/travelers.html
Measles remains a common disease in many parts of the world, including areas in Europe, Asia, the Pacific, and Africa. Worldwide, 19 cases of measles per 1 million persons are reported each year; about 89,780 die. In the United States, most of the measles cases result from international travel. The disease is brought into the United States by unvaccinated people who get infected in other countries. They spread measles to others, which can cause outbreaks.

Anyone who is not protected against measles is at risk of getting infected when they travel internationally.
Reality not usually discussed:

http://www.ascopost.com/issues/march-10 ... or-cancer/
Measles outbreaks in the United States during 2014 and early 2015 have yielded an unprecedented number of cases nationwide, raising concerns about the threat measles poses to cancer patients (especially children) who may be at risk for severe complications and even death due to measles infection.

“In normal children, measles is an acute viral respiratory illness characterized by a prodrome of high fever with cough, coryza, and conjunctivitis, known as ‘the three C’s,’ followed by the evolution of a pathognomonic enanthema (Koplik spots) in the oropharynx and a diffuse red maculopapular rash. Measles pneumonitis is the most feared complication, and it is associated with a high rate of mortality. As many as 1 in 20 children with measles may develop lung infection.” Alison G. Freifeld, MD, who specializes in infectious diseases in cancer patients, said in an interview with The ASCO Post. Dr. Freifeld is Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha.
What happens when a pediatric cancer patient is exposed to measles, often thanks to parents who did not have their child vaccinated?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/when-the ... s-outbreak
In March 2011, Ben had a close call when doctors realized an unvaccinated child was in the same hospital unit he stayed in for a routine spinal tap.

Ben received immunoglobulin shots and went into isolation for 21 days as a precaution. At the end of his quarantine, doctors confirmed that Ben did not have measles.

“It was really unthinkable to be dealing with your child trying to fight for his life,” said Bredesen, who wrote about the scare on a pro-vaccine blog, Voices for Vaccines. “Against leukemia is one thing, but then on top of that, it was unfathomable to think then that he would be exposed to a vaccine-preventable illness, which would be life-threatening to him. It was very unbelievable, and I’m unable to fully understand.”
...and on the flip side...
Tyson Perez, 39, a pediatric chiropractor in the Carlsbad, Calif., area, falls into that group. He and his wife have both been fully vaccinated, but when they had their daughter, Cambria, who is 2 and a half, they began researching vaccines and opted out on the basis of philosophical belief.

“I weighed the absolute risk of the vaccine versus the hypothetical risk of the illness, and it became clear to me that the absolute risk of the vaccine outweighed the hypothetical risk of the illness,” Perez told FoxNews.com.

Like Block, Perez approaches medicine holistically. His daughter has never had any medicine, vaccine, or antibiotic— not even Tylenol for a fever.

“We make sure her neurological system is optimal— optimal nutrition, lots of love, good sleep, lots of sunlight, and all of the things that our great-grandparents used to use,” Perez said. “And the benefit to that is when you have a strong immune system, you can fight off anything that’s out there.”

Perez said he was aware that measles poses a health risk to children with immunosuppressive diseases, but he argued that immunoglobulin treatments in the event of a potential exposure and quarantine during cancer treatment are appropriate preventative measures.

“Aside from bolstering their immune system, it’s keeping them [immunosuppressed children] separated from the general population,” Perez said.
"Hypothetical"... :roll:

Finally:
For the Waldrons, the fear of their son, Liam, catching a cold, let alone measles, has restricted when and where they go. When Liam’s white blood cell counts are low, they don’t leave the house. When they go to public places, he wears a face mask to minimize potential exposure to an infection.

“I think everybody in general only thinks about their own children at one point or another,” Wendy Waldron said, “but when there’s an outbreak like this, and you’re making a decision not only for your child but for your family and other children if that child is going to school … you know, I can’t relate to it, and I don’t understand it. And I would say that whether I was in this situation or not.”

“No one wakes up one day and wants to find out that their child has cancer, so we didn’t even have an opportunity to get him immunized,” she said. “I didn’t even have a choice.”
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

xouper

Post by xouper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 pm
Reality:

For the record, in case anyone did not already know my position on this, I agree with what you posted (even though I didn't quote all of it). I am not an anti-vaxer, and any attempt to portray me as one is a vicious lie.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:04 pm

My post has nothing to do with you. It has to do with the subject at hand.

xouper

Post by xouper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:04 pm
I didn't say your post had anything to do with me. I merely used your post as a way of explaining what my position was, for others who may have got the wrong impression because of my reply to Doctor X (and perhaps due to your approval of Doctor X's reply to my reply).

Here's the chain of posts, with the common thread highlighted in yellow:
Doctor X wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 am
xouper wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:19 am
Same as conservatives and liberals and greenies, etc. Everyone thinks they have an opinion on reality, including you. Perhaps you might wish to rephrase what you intended to say.
Doctor X wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb6RRuiFVbc

Thanks, Doctor X from:
Pyrrho
Pyrrho wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 pm
Reality:

xouper wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:59 pm
For the record, in case anyone did not already know my position on this, I agree with what you posted (even though I didn't quote all of it). I am not an anti-vaxer, and any attempt to portray me as one is a vicious lie.
Pyrrho wrote:
Right. And the immediate topic at hand was "reality". It was the first word in your post, which immediately followed several other posts talking about "reality". Perhaps you can forgive me for pondering whether others might think that was not a coincidence. So thanks for clearing that up.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm

I am too tired for this.

xouper

Post by xouper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm
I am too tired for this.
Now you know how I feel. :wink:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
You almost seem to imply that children and adults dying of measles and the complications of such are more important than a Narcissistically willfully ignorant fool.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:51 am

Tennessee U.S. Rep.-elect Mark Green alleges vaccines may cause autism, questions CDC data
A soon-to-be congressman from Tennessee told constituents Tuesday he believed vaccines may be causing autism, questioning data from the Centers for Disease Control and other institutions disproving such a theory.

Not only did Republican Mark Green, a Congressman-elect from Clarksville who is also a medical doctor, express hesitation about the CDC's stance on vaccines, he also said he believed the federal health agency has "fraudulently managed" the data.

His remarks came in response to an audience question at a town hall meeting in Franklin from a woman identifying herself as the parent of a young adult with autism. The woman was concerned about possible cuts to Medicaid funding.

"Let me say this about autism," Green said. "I have committed to people in my community, up in Montgomery County, to stand on the CDC’s desk and get the real data on vaccines. Because there is some concern that the rise in autism is the result of the preservatives that are in our vaccines.

"As a physician, I can make that argument and I can look at it academically and make the argument against the CDC, if they really want to engage me on it," Green said.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:48 pm

More evidences--you are welcome--that having an "M.D." or an "O.D." does not make you a competent physician any more than having a "J.D." makes you a competent lawyer.

In the rain.

--J.D.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Much like the doctor who prescribed laser acupuncture for cancer patients.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:57 am

He just wants to see the "real data" on vaccines. You know, the data they keep secret.

Reminds me of the kooks who think the government has secret information about UFOs that they're hiding from the public.
William Shakespeare