Feel the love

Ever had it before? Well you got it again.
User avatar
Geni
Posts: 5883
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:02 am
Location: UK

Feel the love

Post by Geni » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:05 pm

This board has a zero tolerance policy regarding TROLLS and any member of professional skeptic site such as Quackbusters and Amazing Randi. Any member of these sites will be immediately banned. Any suspected member will be banned. Anyone posting in a "Trolling" manner, as determined by the board owner, will be banned. The owner of the board reserves the right to ban anyone at anytime as is seen fit.


http://com1.runboard.com/bhomeopathywel ... rdrules.t1

Okay then.[/quote]

User avatar
Quester_X
Posts: 12926
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:26 pm

Post by Quester_X » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:03 pm

Cowards. :roll:
You'll all be mine, in the end.

User avatar
RedShift
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:55 pm
Location: Desolation Row

Post by RedShift » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:02 pm

Ugh. Check out the Astrology thread in 'chit chat.'

I think that homeopathy would be much better known if it cured some celebrity! Like Michel J. Fox or Christopher Revee (superman) Do you know them?their signs? and most of all: remedies?
Can you think of other peeople?Pope is sick but I do not think he would accept anything but prayer.


Yeah, good question. What is the homeopathic remedy for MS and quadriplegia?

I'd reply to the Homeopathic Cafe itself, but I wouldn't dream of breaking their membership rules.
Random chance seems to have operated in our favour.

[color=red]If I wanted something your thumb touched, I’d eat the inside of your ear.[/color]

Rolfe
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:00 pm
Location: England

Post by Rolfe » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:14 am

And they're going to know who they are just how, exactly?

The person who posted as "Rolfe" on H'pathy wasn't me. Neither was "BadShavedMonkey" Badly Shaved Monkey. And I think Exarch's name was also taken in vain.

At the same time, I could post a crib sheet of homoeopathy-dwelling sock names of regulars here, but of course I won't. The weird bit is that they simply can't spot these for themselves - even when they are told in clear, as "The Real Monkey" said several times that he was Badly Shaved Monkey, but they just kept forgetting.

The bit I liked was when they wondered if Kumar was Prester John!!!!

Rolfe.
"The thing about medicine is, that it all comes down to the numbers."
- Dr. Stephen Franklin, <I>Interludes and Examinations</I>.

Loon
Posts: 1593
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:25 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Feel the love

Post by Loon » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:14 am

Geni wrote:
This board has a zero tolerance policy regarding TROLLS and any member of professional skeptic site such as Quackbusters and Amazing Randi. Any member of these sites will be immediately banned. Any suspected member will be banned. Anyone posting in a "Trolling" manner, as determined by the board owner, will be banned. The owner of the board reserves the right to ban anyone at anytime as is seen fit.


http://com1.runboard.com/bhomeopathywel ... rdrules.t1

Okay then.
[/quote]

Well, the JREF has the jerk rule, they have the thinking rule...

I especially like the bit about "professional skeptic sites." Does SC count as amateur? I wonder. Has anyone ever met these people in real life? They seem astoundingly insular, at least based on the limited amount of stuff posted here.

And would they consider it trolling if I showed up and told them that the pope has had all sorts of real medical treatment for various ailments?


Rolfe wrote:And I think Exarch's name was also taken in vain.


:lol:
I guess there he chose to err on the side of more votes. -[size=75]Grammatron[/size]

User avatar
Lisa Simpson
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:04 am
Location: Irk

Post by Lisa Simpson » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:50 am

RedShift wrote:Ugh. Check out the Astrology thread in 'chit chat.'

I think that homeopathy would be much better known if it cured some celebrity! Like Michel J. Fox or Christopher Revee (superman) Do you know them?their signs? and most of all: remedies?
Can you think of other peeople?Pope is sick but I do not think he would accept anything but prayer.


Yeah, good question. What is the homeopathic remedy for MS and quadriplegia?

I'd reply to the Homeopathic Cafe itself, but I wouldn't dream of breaking their membership rules.


Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's. I think that's what the Pope has too. Not that homeopathy can cure Parkinson's either.

User avatar
Blue Monk
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:00 pm

Post by Blue Monk » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:55 am

Lisa Simpson wrote:
RedShift wrote:Ugh. Check out the Astrology thread in 'chit chat.'

I think that homeopathy would be much better known if it cured some celebrity! Like Michel J. Fox or Christopher Revee (superman) Do you know them?their signs? and most of all: remedies?
Can you think of other peeople?Pope is sick but I do not think he would accept anything but prayer.


Yeah, good question. What is the homeopathic remedy for MS and quadriplegia?

I'd reply to the Homeopathic Cafe itself, but I wouldn't dream of breaking their membership rules.


Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's. I think that's what the Pope has too. Not that homeopathy can cure Parkinson's either.


Hey let's be fair. Homeopahtic remedies are every bit as effective on MS as they are on Parkinson's.

User avatar
RedShift
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:55 pm
Location: Desolation Row

Post by RedShift » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:09 am

Lisa Simpson wrote:
RedShift wrote:Ugh. Check out the Astrology thread in 'chit chat.'

I think that homeopathy would be much better known if it cured some celebrity! Like Michel J. Fox or Christopher Revee (superman) Do you know them?their signs? and most of all: remedies?
Can you think of other peeople?Pope is sick but I do not think he would accept anything but prayer.


Yeah, good question. What is the homeopathic remedy for MS and quadriplegia?

I'd reply to the Homeopathic Cafe itself, but I wouldn't dream of breaking their membership rules.


Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's. I think that's what the Pope has too. Not that homeopathy can cure Parkinson's either.


Thanks. My mistake.

AltMed and Parkinsons: http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedies/ ... d_home.htm
Random chance seems to have operated in our favour.

[color=red]If I wanted something your thumb touched, I’d eat the inside of your ear.[/color]

User avatar
Vic Daring
Posts: 3006
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Anvilania

Post by Vic Daring » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:14 pm

G6 should put something on the welcome page here:

This board has an open door policy regarding believers in the paranormal, homeopathy, and other nonsense. Particularly welcome are members of professional self-deluding sites, like Homeopathy Cafe. Any member or suspected member will NOT be banned, but welcomed and asked to provide evidence for their views. Then Rolfe will drop the hammer on them.

Or something like that.
Victim of the SBN (Search Button Nazis)

LostAngeles
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:44 pm
Location: L.A., way too close to the Scientology Center

Post by LostAngeles » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:24 pm

Vic Daring wrote:G6 should put something on the welcome page here:

This board has an open door policy regarding believers in the paranormal, homeopathy, and other nonsense. Particularly welcome are members of professional self-deluding sites, like Homeopathy Cafe. Any member or suspected member will NOT be banned, but welcomed and asked to provide evidence for their views. Then Rolfe will drop the hammer on them.

Or something like that.


...drop the hammer on them, should they fail to provide adequate evidence. Evidence cannot be in the form of anecdotes, but actual clinical trials. "It just works!" will also not be accepted. Please, do your best to type coherently in standard English and do not use the Kumar "jst READ ADN UNDERSTADN!" technique.

Rolfe
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:00 pm
Location: England

Post by Rolfe » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:13 pm

Vic Daring wrote:Then Rolfe will drop the hammer on them.

Hey, The Mighty Thor is someone else!

I keep telling them exactly what they have to do to convert me to a convinced homoeopathy believer. It shouldn't be hard. They keep saying they can do it. They even keep asserting we can do it. (I wish. I could use a million bucks, I'm not proud....)

If none of them wants to try, is that my fault? :?

Rolfe.
"The thing about medicine is, that it all comes down to the numbers."
- Dr. Stephen Franklin, <I>Interludes and Examinations</I>.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66422
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3186 times
Been thanked: 2017 times

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:15 am

First time I have seen an "if you are educated you will be banned" board.

Actually, I think that SHOULD be added to this site!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
tamiO
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:28 am

Post by tamiO » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:58 pm

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's. I think that's what the Pope has too. Not that homeopathy can cure Parkinson's either.


We can only hope that Bush's faith based decision to block stem cell research will dissolve when he is out of office. If Kerry would promise to open the gates of research, he would get a lot of votes. If he has promised this, I am not aware of it.

This message brought to you by SCIENCE!
We now return to the regularly scheduled programming.

User avatar
Quester_X
Posts: 12926
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:26 pm

Post by Quester_X » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:26 pm

We can only hope that Bush's faith based decision to block stem cell research will dissolve when he is out of office. If Kerry would promise to open the gates of research, he would get a lot of votes. If he has promised this, I am not aware of it.


I wrote my final paper for my Rhetoric class on this subject. I agree, he's holding back valuable research, and this will hopefully change in the future.
You'll all be mine, in the end.

User avatar
Nigel
Posts: 7987
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:33 am
Location: Brinsby

Post by Nigel » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:06 pm

Quester_X wrote:
We can only hope that Bush's faith based decision to block stem cell research will dissolve when he is out of office. If Kerry would promise to open the gates of research, he would get a lot of votes. If he has promised this, I am not aware of it.


I wrote my final paper for my Rhetoric class on this subject. I agree, he's holding back valuable research, and this will hopefully change in the future.

The future being....November? :D
If you can't laugh, what good are you?

I thought I won't submit this...but who cares...let it roll. -Pillory

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:52 am

Rolfe wrote:And they're going to know who they are just how, exactly?

The person who posted as "Rolfe" on H'pathy wasn't me. Neither was "BadShavedMonkey" Badly Shaved Monkey. And I think Exarch's name was also taken in vain.

At the same time, I could post a crib sheet of homoeopathy-dwelling sock names of regulars here, but of course I won't. The weird bit is that they simply can't spot these for themselves - even when they are told in clear, as "The Real Monkey" said several times that he was Badly Shaved Monkey, but they just kept forgetting.

The bit I liked was when they wondered if Kumar was Prester John!!!!

Rolfe.


I'm not sure how i feel about that!

Prester John
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:32 am
Location: Lost in History

Post by Prester John » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:54 am

Nor am I :D

(sigh didn't realise guest posting was on)

User avatar
Quester_X
Posts: 12926
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:26 pm

Post by Quester_X » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:58 pm

The future being....November?

If all goes well, yes.
You'll all be mine, in the end.