Neverwinter MMO

Stump your fellow simians.
Grammatron

Neverwinter MMO

Postby Grammatron » Mon May 06, 2013 5:11 pm

It's currently an open beta, thus free.

It has low to average graphics, but an extremely fun combat system. And the user-created content (people writing and designing quests) is very intriguing.

I have not played as much D&D as other people on this forum, but I think fans should check it out.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

gnome

Re: Neverwinter MMO

Postby gnome » Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 pm

I shall!! About time they reopened the servers..

"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Postby gnome » Thu May 09, 2013 1:19 am

Ok tried the new one.

Uck bleh. It's fitting that it was originally an AOL thing... it's the "Me Too!" of MMORPGs... nary an AD&D rule in sight, cookie-cutter character class builds. I quit after 5 minutes.

I may give it a more fair try sometime, after all 5 minutes isn't very long. But it made a bad first impression.

I'm going back to NWN2... I am only in the first expansion after all.

Oh, and TTC: about 15 seconds.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu May 09, 2013 4:39 am

gnome wrote:Ok tried the new one.

Uck bleh. It's fitting that it was originally an AOL thing... it's the "Me Too!" of MMORPGs... nary an AD&D rule in sight, cookie-cutter character class builds. I quit after 5 minutes.

I may give it a more fair try sometime, after all 5 minutes isn't very long. But it made a bad first impression.

I'm going back to NWN2... I am only in the first expansion after all.

Oh, and TTC: about 15 seconds.

I haven't tried it but it is SUPPOSED to be using 4th Edition rules, which are VERY different from previous edition. And just to give you an idea of how well that edition has gone over, I have been participating in the playtest for the tabletop version of 5th edition since January...
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Return to “Puzzles & Games”