Bayeux "tapestry"

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
Witness

Bayeux "tapestry"

Post by Witness » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:27 am

The Crown Chronicles [sic] wrote:Bayeux Tapestry will be loaned to UK for exhibition

The famous Bayeux Tapestry is to be loaned to the UK for an exhibition, after French president Emmanuel Macron gave the go-ahead.

It will be the first time the 70 metre-long tapestry has left France for 950 years. The Bayeux Tapestry depicts the story of the Norman Conquest, which resulted in William I taking the throne and uniting the country.

William the Conqueror fought at Battle, near Hastings, in 1066, winning against Harald Godwinson, also Harald II.

Although it is called a tapestry, it is in fact an embroidery stitched with 10 shades of woollen yarn.

The British Museum will exhibit the piece, probably in 2022, after years of discussions.
[…]
The Bayeux Tapestry is on permanent display at a museum in the town of Bayeux, in Normandy, and has very rarely been moved.

Reading Museum, which has its own replica of the piece, says it was probably commissioned in the 1070s by the half-brother of William the Conqueror, the Bishop Odo of Bayeux. It is thought a group of nuns created it in Canterbury, but the French dispute this.
https://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/hi ... xhibition/

Good luck with moving that:

shemp
Title: gnat

Re: Bayeux "tapestry"

Post by shemp » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 am

Wot, that old rag? I'd cut it up and use the pieces to blow me nose!
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

In ancient Rome
There was a poem
About a dog
Who found two bones
He picked at one
He licked the other
He went in circles
He dropped dead

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Bayeux "tapestry"

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:26 am

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!