Exorcism, once again…

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Exorcism, once again…

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:50 am

asthmatic camel wrote:Those silly fuckers want to be nagged for all eternity by 72 teenaged girls.

If that's paradise, I'm a Belgian pancake.

Image Not so fast, Bubbee.

You're forgetting about this guy. Image

:BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Postby Witness » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:51 am

You atheistic heathen meanies want to grab all (even the 90+) virgins, eh?

The course I alluded to ended happily:
Crux wrote:ROME — Citing what organizers describe as a culture saturated with “sexy young vampires” that trivialize evil, New Age spirituality, and a burgeoning interest in the occult and Tarot cards, a fabled Roman course held in mid-April aimed to boost the number of Catholic priests trained every year to perform exorcisms.

The annual week-long course on “Exorcism and Prayers of Liberation,” offered by an institute for priests linked to the Legionaries of Christ religious order and sponsored by Vatican’s Congregation for the Clergy, concluded on Saturday.

More than 170 priests from more than 30 countries traveled to Rome to learn about this centuries-old rite, often “misrepresented” in Hollywood movies: Making evil sexy for teenagers, course organizers say, films about exorcism usually go too far.

http://www.cruxnow.com/church/2015/04/21/citing-popular-demand-roman-course-seeks-to-boost-exorcists/

Hollywood misrepresenting hell, the mind boggles! :o

And for some less funny news, Uganda:

[youtube]2bjnZNBnFkU[/youtube]
Youtube wrote:Published on Apr 20, 2015

Police in Masaka have arrested three people in connection with the killing of a primary school pupil. The suspects are reported to have beaten the girl to death in a ritual meant to exorcise demons out of her. The girls beating was ordered by a witch-doctor.

Witness

Postby Witness » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:14 am

Aleteia wrote:Cardinal Presides Over "Great Exorcism" to Protect Mexico from Return of the Devil
Violence and abortion reminiscent of human sacrifices cast out by Our Lady of Guadalupe

At noon on May 20, behind closed doors in the Cathedral of San Luis Potosí, a unique event in the modern history of Mexico took place. Headed by Cardinal Juan Sandoval Íñiguez, Archbishop Emeritus of Guadalajara, and guided by the famous Spanish priest and exorcist Fr. José Antonio Fortea, a group of priests performed a “Great Exorcism." This rite is intended to be used to exorcise a diocese or a country.

In his book The Great Exorcism, Fr. José Antonio Fortea explains this ritual step by step. He writes that this ceremony “drives away demons” and “is useful in situations in which great violence has been unleashed in a country.”

Mexico suffers from a growing wave of violence, and according to official numbers, approximately one hundred thousand abortions have been performed just in the capital since abortion was legalized in 2007.
[…]
The Mexican archbishop indicated that this rite “prays, for example, about the problem of divorce and of abortion, which often are favored by inhuman laws, laws that go against nature itself.”

Certainly the most urgent violence problem in Mexico.
http://www.aleteia.org/en/religion/article/cardinal-sandoval-presides-a-rite-of-great-exorcism-for-all-of-mexico-to-protect-it-from-the-devil-5846005098479616

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:47 am

Let me know when Mexico reaches the Second World. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”