Guess what meanie says Islam not a religion of peace?

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Guess what meanie says Islam not a religion of peace?

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri May 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Guess.

ISIS leader declares ‘Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting’ as he calls on Muslims to ‘fight for the Caliphate’ in new audio message
Daily Fail

The leader of Islamic State has declared 'Islam is the religion of fighting' in a rare audio message which called on all Muslims to 'fight for the caliphate'.

Islamic State released the message yesterday claiming it was from its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, as the extremist group executed 26 civilians before reaching the gates of an ancient Syrian city amid fears they could destroy it.

The audio message posted on militant websites features a voice that sounds like al-Baghdadi's exhorting all Muslims to take up arms and fight on behalf of the group's self-styled caliphate.

In it the leader, who had not been seen or heard from in months, said: 'Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting. No one should believe that the war that we are waging is the war of the Islamic State.'

Never mind that guy.

John Kerry and Joe Biden (and George Dubya) all know better.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Re: Guess what meanie says Islam not a religion of peace?

Postby gnome » Sat May 16, 2015 3:15 pm

It is what its followers make of it.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Sat May 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Deep man, deep.
- new minimalist ethos -

gnome

Postby gnome » Sat May 16, 2015 3:32 pm

"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Sat May 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Guess.

ISIS leader declares ‘Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting’ as he calls on Muslims to ‘fight for the Caliphate’ in new audio message
Daily Fail

The leader of Islamic State has declared 'Islam is the religion of fighting' in a rare audio message which called on all Muslims to 'fight for the caliphate'.

Islamic State released the message yesterday claiming it was from its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, as the extremist group executed 26 civilians before reaching the gates of an ancient Syrian city amid fears they could destroy it.

The audio message posted on militant websites features a voice that sounds like al-Baghdadi's exhorting all Muslims to take up arms and fight on behalf of the group's self-styled caliphate.

In it the leader, who had not been seen or heard from in months, said: 'Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting. No one should believe that the war that we are waging is the war of the Islamic State.'

Never mind that guy.

John Kerry and Joe Biden (and George Dubya) all know better.

Let me see....Anyone who has sentience?
>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
>Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
>Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
>illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
>the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
>and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
>still disappear if I was you.

the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Sat May 16, 2015 7:24 pm

**clicks button**

So they finally, finally admit it. Kind of like how Phillip Johnson finally admitted that the "intelligent designer" that his cohorts are trying to put into science classes is the xian god.
(excerpt follows):

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat May 16, 2015 7:33 pm

the_ignored wrote: they finally, finally admit it.

I cannot think of a single example of a Muslim actually uttering the words "Islam is a religion of peace" though not necessarily directly contradicting that.

The first time I heard it was Dubya's speech right after 911.

Since then it always been American or British politicians or media people.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 am

"It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death." --Colossus
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Sun May 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
the_ignored wrote: they finally, finally admit it.

I cannot think of a single example of a Muslim actually uttering the words "Islam is a religion of peace" though not necessarily directly contradicting that.

The first time I heard it was Dubya's speech right after 911.

Since then it always been American or British politicians or media people.

Now that I think about it, that's true, isn't it? The islamists have never really made any secret of their intentions, have they?

Well, maybe that Rezlan guy...
(excerpt follows):

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 am

Pyrrho wrote:"It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death." --Colossus

And I thought I was the only one who'd seen that. I rather enjoyed it.
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Mon May 18, 2015 3:52 am

The old classic. Something scarier than Skynet.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Mon May 18, 2015 4:01 am

Two other books in the trilogy. 'The Fall Of Colossus' and 'Colossus And The Crab'. Haven't read them but it looks like some good quick fun.
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

SkepticalSemite

Postby SkepticalSemite » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Doesn't matter. The liberals would plug their ears and sing 'we can't hear you!' even if an ISIS militant threw a grenade at their face. Yet Israelis are somehow terrorists if they resist violent Islamic fundamentalism from neighboring countries.

Guess what we call orthodox Islamists.
Most of these liberals haven't even touched the Qu'ran.

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Postby asthmatic camel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Not many Muslims have actually read the Quran, they're encouraged to recite it in Arabic, which few of them understand, and rely on the Imams etc. to interpret it for them.

I have read it, and it sure ain't about peace.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:32 pm

SkepticalSemite wrote:Doesn't matter. The liberals would plug their ears and sing 'we can't hear you!' even if an ISIS militant threw a grenade at their face. Yet Israelis are somehow terrorists if they resist violent Islamic fundamentalism from neighboring countries.

Well . . . continuing to try to settlement away them from their land does not help Israel's case. Larger problem where there are not a lot of "good guys" on either side. The response to settlements is not bombing buses. Further, those doing that are will not be satisfied with return of the occupied territories--and why would Israel give the Psychotic Assad Family® the Golan Heights back?!--or half of Jerusalem, they want Israel "gone."

Those on either more peaceful side will point to these activities on the other side and conveniently ignore/down-play/excuse these activities on their side.

Most of these liberals haven't even touched the Qu'ran.

As have most Islamicists as asthmatic notes. Though it is so weirdly written that it often simply does not make sense. But then Christian Fundamentalists rarely read "the Bible" with any criticism--certainly not in the original languages. I will give this to the Orthodox Jews: they can at least read the Tanakh in Hebrew. Granted, they read it through Talmudic-colored glasses just as Christians read "the Old Testament" in English in their glasses.

I had a recent argument with My Favorite Conservative--he actually watches St. Sean :notsure: . . . famously claimed "Traditional Marriage" was defined by "the Bible:"

His Humble Magnificence: Really? Cite the passage.

MFC: Well . . . it's . . .

HHM: There are a number of definitions that include allowing rape provided you marry her later. Is that it?

[This then descended into a discussion of how sacrifice of the first born is in the set of "commandments."--Ed.]

MFC: No! That's not right!

HHM: Is that a challenge? Would you like me to read it to you in the Hebrew?

[He finds what follows hilarious.--Ed.]

MFC: Hold on . . . my son's on the other line . . . I have to go!

HHM: Well, if you followed the Bible you would not have to take that call.

anyways he objected to my characterization of Islam as in "The Seville, 1565, Late Tuesday Afternoon Stage of Religious Development." He has read the Qur'an and history and all of that. He contends that at no point was Islam ever intended to be a "peaceful religion": "unlike Christianity."

He may have a point, but I countered that Christianity lacked the backing to be a religion that compelled belief. After it did have that backing, it did that for centuries. So I advised him that the difference was more of opportunity rather than system. I am unaware of Judaic compulsory belief. The Tanakh represents writings for very small groups and does not represent the belief systems of people "on the ground." I suppose the fights between the returning exiles and those left in the region might qualify.

The Conquest narratives with the mass-slaughter of men, women, and children--the חרם--is just so much fantasy. They never happened. There is evidence that such happened to Jewish populations--the famous Mesha Inscription--which may explain why such stories were made up. So other than the traditions there is not a lot of evidence that I am aware of that the Jews ever forced conversions/religion or simply killed everyone "who believed differently."

So the Jews win that one!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”