Faith is good for you

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Witness

Faith is good for you

Postby Witness » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:32 am

From the Wiley blurb:
Description

While Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is an empirically-supported treatment, many behavioral and analytical psychotherapists also recognize the healing potential of religious belief. CBT and Christianity offers CBT therapists an authoritative, practical, and comprehensive resource for counseling clients with an allegiance to the Christian faith. This innovative new treatment approach compares the teachings of Jesus to contemporary cognitive therapies, describing a variety of successful assessment and treatment approaches with Christian clients by incorporating the teachings of Jesus into logical thinking, schema modification, and committed behavior change. Clarity is further enhanced through a variety of specific examples, descriptions of generic methods, and supplemental resources provided by the author. By combining effective treatments with sensitivity to religious convictions, CBT and Christianity offers innovative insights into the spiritual and psychological well-being of clients with Christian beliefs.

http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470683244.html

Now what about UFO/lizard people/conspiracy believers? They deserve to be healed too! :HoppingMad:

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Faith is good for you

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:28 am

Witness wrote:While Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is an empirically-supported treatment By no one who has done rigorous studies on efficacy. One of the major problems with psychotherapy/analysis., many behavioral and analytical psychotherapists "Bullshit Artists too stupid study an actual neuroscience. also recognize the healing potential of religious belief All I can say is "Salieri." They probably supported facilitated communication, Bettleheim's torture of autistic children, and the hip hop. CBT and Christianity But not Islam or, perish the thought, Jews! offers CBT therapists an authoritative, practical, and comprehensive resource for counseling clients Shills with an preexisting lack of critical thinking which may just lead to the "psychological issues" the charlatans are charging hundreds of dollars an hour to "treat." allegiance to the Christian faith. This innovative new treatment approach compares the teachings of Jesus Like the one where he denies salvation to good men who seek it, who predicted the end of the world in his immediate followers lifetime, his reveling in the death of pregnant women, do tell! to contemporary cognitive therapies which do not actually work either, blah blah blah fuck the Jews.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:38 am

And in the real world...
>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
>Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
>Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
>illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
>the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
>and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
>still disappear if I was you.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:42 am

. . . which could not possibly lead to psychological issues. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”