My reaction: The Roman Catholic Church fucks up trying to do things on the cheap.

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

My reaction: The Roman Catholic Church fucks up trying to do things on the cheap.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:05 pm

N.Y. pol claims bishop bribed her to give up child-abuse law
NY Daily News

The head of the Catholic Church in Brooklyn offered a $5,000 bribe to an Albany politician in exchange for dropping her support for the reform of a state law preventing victims of child sexual abuse from seeking justice, the pol claimed Monday.

Assemblywoman Margaret Markey, who has for a decade advocated for an overhaul of the state’s statute of limitations on claims of child sexual abuse, said she turned down the unholy hush money from Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio in 2010.

$5000 for a member of the NY State Assembly?

That's the friends and relatives rate.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

specious_reasons

Re: My reaction: The Roman Catholic Church fucks up trying to do things on the cheap.

Postby specious_reasons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:N.Y. pol claims bishop bribed her to give up child-abuse law
NY Daily News

The head of the Catholic Church in Brooklyn offered a $5,000 bribe to an Albany politician in exchange for dropping her support for the reform of a state law preventing victims of child sexual abuse from seeking justice, the pol claimed Monday.

Assemblywoman Margaret Markey, who has for a decade advocated for an overhaul of the state’s statute of limitations on claims of child sexual abuse, said she turned down the unholy hush money from Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio in 2010.

That's the arrogance of the church - thinking he deserved the friends and family rate.
ta-
DAVE!!!

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Re: My reaction: The Roman Catholic Church fucks up trying to do things on the cheap.

Postby hammegk » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:N.Y. pol claims bishop bribed her to give up child-abuse law
NY Daily News

The Quid with no hope of Quo.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:21 pm

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

hammegk

Postby hammegk » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:03 pm

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

hammegk

Postby hammegk » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Top,.,,..

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:16 pm

A Fisting-of-Tinkerbell-a-Day makes the Good Doctor laugh.

--J.D.

hammegk

Postby hammegk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:55 pm

BWA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

--J.D.

hammegk

Postby hammegk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:32 pm

BWA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

--J.D.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”