Cracks in deal to avert Anglican schism over homosexuality

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:30 pm

The Telegraph (UK)

A deal to avert the break-up of the worldwide Anglican Communion risks collapse amid signals that African churches are reassessing ties with the Church of England over the issue of same-sex marriage.

The new leader of a powerful bloc of traditionalist bishops and archbishops - seen as representing the majority of the world’s estimated 80 million Anglicans - said the Church of England had recently crossed a “line” with a series of decisions seen as endorsing a more liberal stance on homosexuality.

The Most Rev Nicholas Okoh, the Archbishop of Nigeria, said many traditionalists now view the British branches of Anglicanism in a similar light to The Episcopal Church (TEC) in the US which has been accused of “heresy” for ordaining openly gay bishops and endorsing same-sex marriage.

Does the UK really get anything out of the established church still being the British Empire of churches?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Re: Cracks in deal to avert Anglican schism over homosexuality

Postby asthmatic camel » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:45 am

A little. Rising immigration from the former colonies has helped to slow the decline in church attendance.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”