A confessor, quick!

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Witness

Re: A confessor, quick!

Post by Witness » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:40 am

Mea Culpa
iOS

Mea Culpa helps make you a good confession. In addition to a great examination, it has a Confession FAQ section and if you can’t find an answer to your Confession questions there, you can ask your question by email.

The bread and butter of this app is the examination, and it does it well. Pray the included prayer before Confession, then make your way along the bottom of the screen. Venial and Mortal tabs take you to examinations grouped by the 10 Commandments. Swiping right on the sin ups the tally for that sin, left reduces it. If you touch the sin, you’ll have a chance to enter in a note. Marked sins and notes appear in the Committed Sins section that will provide you with a guide to Confession and your sins. Once you are absolved in Confession you can hit the Clear button and reset your sin totals. The app can also keep track of the dates you clear sins so you’ll know exactly how long it’s been since your last Confession.

You can set a passcode for the app, and turn on a daily reminder to examine your conscience. Both helpful.
A PIM for the sinner. :mrgreen:

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:56 pm

But it doesn't automate the forgiveness.

More like test prep than an automated priest. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:01 pm

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It's been 6 months since my last virus scan..."
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:20 am

sparks wrote:"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It's been 6 months since my last virus scan..."
Brilliant! Why stay limited to some lousy app – what the world really needs is a whole Holy Computer®. Only available at Jesus Shops. Quite naturally it would run System ♰, no other heathen OS, and only software approved by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. You'd connect the mouse through a rosary (or just pray and the cruciform cursor would move) and the screen would simulate stained glass. Files encrypted into medieval Latin. Dedicated word processor expurgating any uncouth wording, and WiFi only through your local church provider and its various filters, but with direct video link to the confessional.

Expensive, of course (especially with holy-water cooling and golden aureola HDs), but incredibly elegant when you light the candles:

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:47 pm

That is a thing of beauty. Thanks Witness.

I'm guessing there's an icon on the desktop that, when started, matches priests with alter boys? :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.