I've been walking down the street, provoking gay thoughts in everyone I meet.

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

I've been walking down the street, provoking gay thoughts in everyone I meet.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Doesn't bother me of course, but I hadn't realized I was doing this until now. :)

‘Beardless men look like girls and provoke gay thoughts,’ says Muslim preacher
Al-Masdar Al-‘Arabi (pro-Assad news site in Lebanon)

An Islamic preacher in Turkey launched a scathing attack on clean-shaven men, claiming that they “look like women” and provoke “indecent thoughts”.

Murat Bayaral’s intervention, made on a religious TV channel on 16 December, has highlighted the increasing Islamisation of Turkey under President Recep Erdogan.

“Men should grow beards. One of the two body parts that separate men from women is the beard,” Bayaral said.

“For example, if you see a man with long hair from afar you may think he is a woman if he does not have a beard. Because nowadays women and men dress similarly. God forbid! You could be possessed by indecent thoughts,” he added.

The preacher, who enjoys a sumptuous bounty of well-groomed facial hair , made the comments as Turkey’s secular heritage looks increasingly under threat.

Emphasis added.

Hubba hubba. :cowbell:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: I've been walking down the street, provoking gay thoughts in everyone I meet.

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:23 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Witness

Re: I've been walking down the street, provoking gay thoughts in everyone I meet.

Postby Witness » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
The preacher, who enjoys a sumptuous bounty of well-groomed facial hair
Worthless without proof:

Looks like a badly glued-on false beard. Image Well, at least he won't send any fly buttons sailing, I presume.

P. – S. You trying to trigger ed, or what?

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Undoubtedly closeted. I am an expert on such things, my Gaydar operated in the pico-fermi range. This guy cruses.
- new minimalist ethos -

ed

Postby ed » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Why are they so so preoccupied with med looking like women?
- new minimalist ethos -

Witness

Postby Witness » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 pm

ed wrote:Why are they so so preoccupied with med looking like women?
Presumably they don't really know anymore what a woman looks like… :|

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:10 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

gnome

Postby gnome » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

I can't remember the number of times I saw beardless men and got confused about my sexuality. Truly the US is a difficult society for properly hetero guys like myself.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Fid

Postby Fid » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:31 am

One has to wonder, given a really good looking guy with a two day growth and a clean shaven ugly guy who would one choose?
Side note I am growing me beard out again and finally after 66 years it's filling in. No longer does it look like a rat has been gnawing on a child's toy. Of course it's all white and I'm gettin' a little thin top head but hey, it's been a good run. I can't complain.:)
"Try SCE to AUX."
Yeah, me and an electrified atmosphere ain't friends.

Witness

Postby Witness » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:32 am

:mrgreen:

ed

Postby ed » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 am

Fid wrote:One has to wonder, given a really good looking guy with a two day growth and a clean shaven ugly guy who would one choose?
Side note I am growing me beard out again and finally after 66 years it's filling in. No longer does it look like a rat has been gnawing on a child's toy. Of course it's all white and I'm gettin' a little thin top head but hey, it's been a good run. I can't complain.:)

Funny you say it. I am the same age wise, tired to grow it out recently, got derision from th kids and I still looked like I had a skin disease.

It wasn't easy in college in the 70's for the likes of us, was it?
- new minimalist ethos -

Fid

Postby Fid » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 pm

ed wrote:
Fid wrote:One has to wonder, given a really good looking guy with a two day growth and a clean shaven ugly guy who would one choose?

Funny you say it. I am the same age wise, tired to grow it out recently, got derision from th kids and I still looked like I had a skin disease.

It wasn't easy in college in the 70's for the likes of us, was it?

I finally gave me pony tail to birds for nesting material some time in the late 90's. :)
"Try SCE to AUX."
Yeah, me and an electrified atmosphere ain't friends.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”