Asia Bibi: A "Blasphemer" Afraid of Her Country

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Asia Bibi: A "Blasphemer" Afraid of Her Country

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Re: Asia Bibi: A "Blasphemer" Afraid of Her Country

Post by Witness » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 pm

Pakistan: Lawyer of woman acquitted in blasphemy case flees country

The demonstrations against Asia Bibi’s acquittal were called off late on Friday after the protestors reached an agreement with the government.

The lawyer of a Christian woman in Pakistan who was acquitted in a blasphemy case on Wednesday fled the country early on Saturday fearing for his life amid nationwide protests by hundreds of radical Islamist hardliners, AFP reported. Protests broke out immediately after the verdict in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Multan.

“In the current scenario, it is not possible for me to live in Pakistan,” 62-year-old Saif ul-Mulook told the news agency before boarding a plane to Europe. “I need to stay alive as I still have to fight the legal battle for Asia Bibi.”

On Friday night, the Tehreek-e-Labaik Pakistan party – which has primarily led the demonstrations – announced an end to protests after reaching an agreement with the government. The two sides signed a five-point agreement, according to which the government will not object to an appeal of the verdict that has been filed in the Supreme Court. Legal proceedings will now be initiated to impose a travel ban on Bibi and stop her from leaving the country.
https://scroll.in/latest/900794/pakista ... es-country