BitCoin: Should I Sign Up?

We are the Borg.
Witness

Re: BitCoin: Should I Sign Up?

Postby Witness » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Business Insider wrote:Bitcoin's insane value makes it an attractive hacking target for cash-strapped North Korea

North Korea, facing a wide range of UN sanctions on exports and trade, has turned to another asset class to try to keep the money flowing: cryptocurrencies.

According to a report by the security researcher FireEye, North Korean hackers have shown increasing interest in carrying out bitcoin attacks.

Cryptocurrency attacks linked to North Korea started in 2016, and they "marked a departure from previously observed activity of North Korean actors employing cyber espionage for traditional nation state activities," FireEye said. In other words, North Korea's hackers had swapped their usual cyberspying for theft.

Specifically, the hackers began targeting South Korean cryptocurrency exchanges. Since May this year, FireEye wrote, there have been three attacks alone, one of which has been successful. FireEye didn't name the exchange.

The hackers also compromised an English-language bitcoin news website in 2016, though again FireEye didn't say which.

And in April, hackers compromised four cryptocurrency wallets on Yapizon, a South Korean exchange, though FireEye said there wasn't a clear link to North Korea.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/north-korea-hackers-more-bitcoin-attacks-2017-9

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 pm

... invent a currency out of thin air and think that people who are buying it are really smart ...

Governments do that all the time.

I think Lister is right. The guy is about to short a lot of Bitcoin.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
... invent a currency out of thin air and think that people who are buying it are really smart ...

Governments do that all the time.

I think Lister is right. The guy is about to short a lot of Bitcoin.

I've looked into it and it's insanely expensive to short Bitcoin.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Return to “Science, Mathematics & Technology”