Snake oil

We are the Borg.
Witness

Re: Snake oil

Post by Witness » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:11 am

If somebody happens to be interested, I found this page with links to freeware for tuning & testing audio equipment (which would settle the question of the Magic Blue Kettle Plug [TM]).

http://www.audioholics.com/how-to-shop/ ... o-software

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:58 am

Studio Zèy wrote:
Invisistor

Imagine a resistor that passes on the full dynamic range of the signal, while being completely transparent itself. Completely "invisible". That's Invisistor.

Description

The Invisistor is made with ebony wood, natural silk, my own wood resin compound, 4N silver leads and other exquisite components. The leads and the resistive element are bonded into the wood in a high-pressure process, somewhat akin to inlaying, but three-dimensional. It is extremely time-consuming to make (it takes three to five days), which is one of the reasons why the price is so steep. All of its components are of the highest grade available and, except for metal parts, 100% natural.

I do not really know where to begin describing its sound. The first quality you will notice is how invisible it is. Even the famous "nude" Vishay sounds obviously coloured in comparison.
Then you will notice the vast dynamic range and great richness, far beyond popular Caddocks and Rikens. It is both perfectly natural and neutral.
It is so much better than anything else, that I feel safe claiming it is the best signal resistor in the world. In any fair (i.e. double-blind) listening test, the Invisistor will win hands-down. I offer full refund if you are not satisfied (and so far, I have had none).

Every Invisistor is made to order. Studio Zèy philosophy is to create things that are natural, beautiful and made by human hands, not machines - and as such, individual and unique.
http://studiozey.com/index.html

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:26 am

Full. Of. Shit.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:29 am

You sure that's not a joke?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:15 pm

sparks wrote:Full. Of. Shit.
It looks like a Nice Thing. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:28 pm

:lmao:

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:39 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:You sure that's not a joke?
I think not, he was already discussing his gear on DIY Audio in 2011.

That forum has also a "Snake oil" thread, I noticed! Alas it quickly loses itself in hair-splitting technicalities: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/2 ... ories.html. I'll extract this for you to enjoy:
I once read that you have to regularly subject cables to DC...you know, to replace the old electrons, with fresh ones...

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:45 am

Now you certainly need the Bio Disk:
THE NEXT LEVEL OF WELLNESS

The Amezcua Bio Disc 2 has been designed to further improve, balance and harmonize the energy of the human body through natural concepts created from a high-technological process.

How is this possible?

The QNET Bio Disc 2 is made of technically engineered natural minerals that have been structurally bonded in glass at a molecular level using high-heat fusion methods. Through this combination of minerals and fusion techniques, a positive energy field is created, which allows the Amezcua Bio Disc 2 to transfer its energy field to water and the human body, as has been certified through various testing and evaluation processes. Similar to the original Bio Disc but stronger in energy field, it is this transfer of energy that brings out the best in your water.

Tests conducted at the Holistic Competence Center by Dr Manfred Doepp have shown that the Amezcua Bio Disc 2 is even more effective than the original Amezcua Bio Disc.
http://www.amezcua.com/BioDisc.html

I just hope they diden't make it too strong!?! :shock:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:41 am

My renewed attempts to get Mila Kunis to drop her restraining order is even MORE effective than my original attempts. . . .

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:33 am

Witness wrote:
I once read that you have to regularly subject cables to DC...you know, to replace the old electrons, with fresh ones...
Actually heard in the wild (in college) -- Something along the lines of "Electricity should be free because they are just selling us the same electrons over and over."
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

sparks

Post by sparks » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Much like recycling the air in ones tires, it should be done yearly to keep the air from wearing out.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun May 29, 2016 4:57 am

Some Site I Won't Link To wrote:StreamZ Global products contain a mixture of natural rubbers and compounds known as ‘StreamZ Technology’.
StreamZ products are unique and differ greatly from more traditionally used products such as ‘magnetic pulsing devices’ and ‘hologram ion balancers.’

Traditional magnetic products are said to create a ‘pulsating’ effect within the muscle tissue. This pulsating action is thought to release tension in the muscle resulting in a reduction in inflammation. Many health issues however are not caused by muscle damage, which might perhaps explain the mixed reputation these more traditional products have within the market. [&c., &c.]
[youtube][/youtube]

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun May 29, 2016 5:55 am

Witness wrote:
Some Site I Won't Link To wrote:Blah! Blah! Blah! My Waifu insists I wear the Doctor X--the Merciful and Compassionate--Dress . . . with the sparkles when I hose down the lepers BLAH! Blah! Blah! StreamZ products are unique and differ greatly from more traditionally used products such as ‘magnetic pulsing devices’ and ‘hologram ion balancers.’
That is awesome.

And sparkly!

--J. "But Not Gay!" D.

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue May 31, 2016 4:01 am

Enough fake products, get the Real Thing®:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue May 31, 2016 4:57 am

Interesting Article on that product.

The company does not appear to be in existence. . . .

--J.D.

sparks

Post by sparks » Tue May 31, 2016 10:21 pm

"What a prominent butcher of Cottage Grove said..."

BWAHAHA :-)

If anything in Oregon is prominent, let alone a Cottage Grove butcher, then The Beaver State has slipped into the Twilight Zone. :) :)

Where the fuck is Charles Beaumont when you need him? And would you really want to buy meat from a guy named Beagle? Beagle the butcher. Take that skeptics!

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:47 am

[youtube][/youtube]
Innovate

TESLAR® technology came from an identified need to protect people from the dangers of manmade electromagnetic fields that have emerged from electrically-based technology. Through our research we have developed an effective Scalar watch called TESLAR®, named after Nikola Tesla.

Our Mission

Every organism has it's own make up of electrically charged cells that preform daily activities to keep the body functioning. Electricaly charged cells create the body's electromagnetic signature. Your signature is a blueprint, no one is exactly like you. Strengthen the potential of your body's electromagnetic blueprint..

The Original TESLAR® Chip

Invented in 1986, the chip puts TESLAR® Tech inside the TESLAR® wristwatch to help strengthen the body's biofield.

The TESLAR® watch, with TESLAR® Tech inside, has become a hit among celebrities, watch enthusiasts and people in search of healthy lifestyles. TESLAR® timepieces and bracelets are available at retail locations all over the world.
At last, an effective protection against cellphone cancer!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:22 am

But that would be a Nice Thing Image

--J.D.

sparks

Post by sparks » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:18 am

Not allowed. :x

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:55 am

[youtube][/youtube]