Ah, shut up, Kerry.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Ah, shut up, Kerry.

Post by Bruce » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:33 pm

I'm sick of his personal attacks and flip flopping. It's really getting on my nerves. I especially hate when he says, "If I would have been in office, I would have (bleh, bleh, bleh)."

Hey, Kerry. Who gives a rats ass what you would have done if you were in office back then. You know what I would have done? I would have single handedly stopped those terrorist at the airport gates and prevented this whole mess. Yep, woulda kicked em right square in the nuts.

He's got plenty of people riled up against Bush. If he would just keep his mouth shut and let Bush make an ass of himself, he might have a chance. Nobody likes a bully, or a doomsayer, or a bullshitter.

I wonder if there is a Kerry accusation generator to go along with the Bush conspiracy theory generator?

Today Kerry accused Bush of:

-the state of the economy
-starting the war in Iraq
-9/11
-giving him those saggy jowls
-the decline in Heinz sales
-saying things about your mama
Such potential!

Beleth

Re: Ah, shut up, Kerry.

Post by Beleth » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:52 pm

You are funny!

Silicon

Post by Silicon » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:42 pm

Shut up, Kerry.

You had me at "hello".

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:12 am

The sad little banana bats 1000!
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

SkepticJ

Post by SkepticJ » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:35 am

[quote="Bruce"]-starting the war in Iraq

Um, it wouldn't have happened without him. Do you think Gore would have been so trigger happy? Why couldn't Bush give the UN inspectors as much time as the troops have had to confirm that there is nothing there. 1000 US troops and thousands of innocent people; human beings wouldn't be dead. I'd rather be alive and under a dictator than dead. You can't make you life better if you don't have one. Unless I'm mistaken nothing was keeping those wishing for a better life from leaving Iraq to make one. We're no better than Sadam if we force our culture on another. More people have died in Iraq because of the war than Sadam gassed. Sadam is a sadistic horrible man but wouldn't the world be better off with him still in power? Why couldn't a sniper just shoot him? We have the most advanced military in history and we can't get one troop to shoot a small bit of a heavy metal through his skull or have an insider poison him?
Oh, you people can kiss the fattest part of my ass!-Peter Griffin
I'm not an atheist. How can you not believe in something that doesn't exist? That's way too convoluted for me.- A. Whitney Brown

SkepticJ

Post by SkepticJ » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:37 am

[quote="Bruce"]-starting the war in Iraq

Um, it wouldn't have happened without him. Do you think Gore would have been so trigger happy? Why couldn't Bush give the UN inspectors as much time as the troops have had to confirm that there is nothing there. 1000 US troops and thousands of innocent people; human beings wouldn't be dead. I'd rather be alive and under a dictator than dead. You can't make your life better if you don't have one. Unless I'm mistaken nothing was keeping those wishing for a better life from leaving Iraq to make one. We're no better than Sadam if we force our culture on another. More people have died in Iraq because of the war than Sadam gassed. Sadam is a sadistic horrible man but wouldn't the world be better off with him still in power? Why couldn't a sniper just shoot him? We have the most advanced military in history and we can't get one troop to shoot a small bit of a heavy metal through his skull or have an insider poison him? One thing I do wish Kerry would shut up is his "I'm reporting for duty". It's really tired. If he keeps flaunting it he's just going to look like an ass.
I'm not an atheist. How can you not believe in something that doesn't exist? That's way too convoluted for me.- A. Whitney Brown

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:53 am

SkepticJ wrote: Um, it wouldn't have happened without him.
Duh, I'm not arguing that point.
SkepticJ wrote: Do you think Gore would have been so trigger happy?
No, he's a pussy.
SkepticJ wrote: I'd rather be alive and under a dictator than dead.
You're not a Braveheart or Patrick Henry fan are you?
SkepticJ wrote: You can't make you life better if you don't have one.
But what about the children?
SkepticJ wrote: Unless I'm mistaken nothing was keeping those wishing for a better life from leaving Iraq to make one.
Certainly. Sadaam, a repressed culture, warring ethic factions, religion that favors subjugation, poverty, family ties, etc.
SkepticJ wrote:We're no better than Sadam if we force our culture on another.
Now you're just being silly. Do you really think Sadaam had liberation of the people in mind when he invaded Kuwait? Besides, our culture lets women wear bikini's. Would you want to go to the beach and not see women in bikini's. Our culture is way better.
SkepticJ wrote:More people have died in Iraq because of the war than Sadam gassed.
But they volunteer their lives to free Iraq. They weren't murdered in cold blood. Big BIG difference.
SkepticJ wrote:Sadam is a sadistic horrible man but wouldn't the world be better off with him still in power?
What!?!? You don't believe in freedom from oppression at all do you? What world do you live in. Would you be saying that if Sadaam ruled you're country?
SkepticJ wrote:Why couldn't a sniper just shoot him?
Didn't you just say you wanted him still in power? Do you know how many body gaurds he had. You need a heavy dose of reality! Hard to believe you call yourself Skeptic.
SkepticJ wrote:We have the most advanced military in history and we can't get one troop to shoot a small bit of a heavy metal through his skull or have an insider poison him?
Ok, now you've come full circle. You went from supporting Sadaam's dictatorship to being an armchair warrior. I can see why you support Kerry. Did you forget that we captured Sadaam? I thought you didn't believe in killing. You are one wacky little waffle. :wink:
Such potential!

MLynn

Post by MLynn » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:29 am

We're all going to be throwing back shots of whiskey by the time the election is over - I'll take a diet coke, and make it a double barkeep!!!
Obey the zombie whippet or she will eat your brain
I for one welcome our zombie Christian overlord - Philip

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:42 am

MLynn wrote:We're all going to be throwing back shots of whiskey by the time the election is over - I'll take a diet coke, and make it a double barkeep!!!
I'm with you. I can't get excited about this election. I hate both candidates, Bush for his zealous christian attitude, and Kerry because he's a total jackass. Up until recently, it was really frustrating me and getting me down, but then I realized that the only true power I have is within my own household (don't tell my wife I said that), and maybe a little in my local community. That's about the range of my political influence.

Kerry and Bush are both clowns, and American politics is a giant circus for me to laugh at. So, to all the citizens of all the countries that hate us Americans, I tip my glass, and say, "KISS MY ASS!". To the rest of the citizens of all the other countries, the ones that go to work, take care of their kids, and pay their taxes, please join me and MLynn for a brew or two. We're the ones that keep our perspective countries running, not the jokers in the stuffed shirts. :wink:
Such potential!

Zep

Post by Zep » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:23 am

:zzz:
Last edited by Zep on Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:18 am

Besides, our culture lets women wear bikini's. Would you want to go to the beach and not see women in bikini's. Our culture is way better.
BWA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

Also, far, far, far more people were killed by Saddam--my Persian friend has a bit to say about all the Iranians gassed/murdered!--then have been killed in this war . . . and likely to be killed unless GWB wakes up one day, thinks, "aw fuck it!" and nukes Fallujah. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:50 pm

SkepticJ wrote:We have the most advanced military in history and we can't get one troop to shoot a small bit of a heavy metal through his skull or have an insider poison him?
That's an easy one. There are two reasons. One is that we have laws against assasinating foreign leaders except in wartime. Breaking those laws would pose a risk of getting caught and creating a scandal that would make Watergate look like a day in traffic court. It is unlikely that any president would want to take that risk without good reason.

The second reason is that it really isn't that simple, a leader like Saddam is a paranoid bastard with good reason. Look how many times we tried and failed to assasinate Castro back in the 50's and 60's. It's not easy to kill a man who has the resources of an entire country (even a backwards little podunk country like Iraq or Cuba) to protect him and who KNOWS that thre are people out there who want to kill him. Not if that man has any sense whatsoever, anyway.

kerberos

Post by kerberos » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:20 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
That's an easy one. There are two reasons. One is that we have laws against assasinating foreign leaders except in wartime.
Laws? I thought it was an exacutive order, or is the executive order against killing foreign leaders in general, not just in times of peace?
"You have to go out of your way to kill a pessimist, an optimist will kill himself for you." - Nyarlathotep

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:21 pm

Don't we use our buddies at MI6 for assassinations?

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:28 pm

kerberos wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
That's an easy one. There are two reasons. One is that we have laws against assasinating foreign leaders except in wartime.
Laws? I thought it was an exacutive order, or is the executive order against killing foreign leaders in general, not just in times of peace?
I think it might be an executive order, rather than a law, but I am 99% certain that it only applies in peacetime. I can go look it up when I have time later today. But either way, my point still is that breaking that law (or executive order) would cause some serious problems for whoever ordered the hit.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:41 pm

Looks like I am wrong.

I found the order itself and the part of it dealing with assasinations says simply "No employee of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination. "

I think I might have been confusing the order itself with the way it is commonly intepreted. Basically you can't send assasins to kill a foreign leader but if in the course of a war, a bomb takes out the bunker where he is, so be it.

SkepticJ

Post by SkepticJ » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:17 pm

[quote="Bruce"] 1. Certainly. Sadaam, a repressed culture, warring ethic factions, religion that favors subjugation, poverty, family ties, etc.

2. Now you're just being silly. Do you really think Sadaam had liberation of the people in mind when he invaded Kuwait? Besides, our culture lets women wear bikini's. Would you want to go to the beach and not see women in bikini's. Our culture is way better.

3. But they volunteer their lives to free Iraq. They weren't murdered in cold blood. Big BIG difference.

4.Didn't you just say you wanted him still in power? Do you know how many body gaurds he had. You need a heavy dose of reality! Hard to believe you call yourself Skeptic.

5.Ok, now you've come full circle. You went from supporting Sadaam's dictatorship to being an armchair warrior. I can see why you support Kerry. Did you forget that we captured Sadaam? I thought you didn't believe in killing.[quote]

1. So they kept them from crossing the border if they wanted to go?
2. I like our culture much better. But How would you like it if say China came over here and forced their ideals and political system on us? Wouldn't like it would you? I never said he was trying to liberate them. Sadam wanted their oil.
3. Children in their homes were volunteering for the war? You're right that the troops had a choice, I wasn't saying they didn't.
4. Strawman. I said it would be better to have him in power than kill thousands of children needlessly. If Sadam started killing thousands of people again then yes I'd want us to go kick his ass. Wow, I didn't know his bodyguards had magical powers to stop a high powered Mach 2 bullet from being shot at him from 1,500 feet away from a building window! It sounds like you need the reality check. Or have a mole enter his inner circle and poison him with a drop of ricin wich would be kept in a rectal bottle or kept under the skin in an arm or leg. One drop of ricin can kill 200 people! They could use a knife to dig it out when the time was right. The moment I stop being a critical thinker and believing things without evidence please bring it to my attention.
5. Another strawman, and you call yourslf a skeptic. I hate Sadam, but he hasn't killed thousands of people in over a decade. In fact he wasn't doing much of anything. Why didn't we remove him from power right after he killed them? I didn't say I didn't believe in killing. I don't like it when people are killed needlessly without their consent. I don't support Kerry. I'm just going to vote for who I dislike least. I'm not going to waste my first time voting on a president to a third party that is not going to win even if there were a hell and it has frozen over. Now that we've screwed up everything in Iraq I think they should stay to finish the job.
Last edited by SkepticJ on Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silicon

Post by Silicon » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:04 am

kerberos wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
The minute Saddam put on a military uniform he became a valid target legally.

He's a soldier. Soldiers can be targeted and killed.

a_unique_person

Post by a_unique_person » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:19 pm

Bruce wrote:I'm sick of his personal attacks and flip flopping. It's really getting on my nerves. I especially hate when he says, "If I would have been in office, I would have (bleh, bleh, bleh)."

Hey, Kerry. Who gives a rats ass what you would have done if you were in office back then. You know what I would have done? I would have single handedly stopped those terrorist at the airport gates and prevented this whole mess. Yep, woulda kicked em right square in the nuts.

He's got plenty of people riled up against Bush. If he would just keep his mouth shut and let Bush make an ass of himself, he might have a chance. Nobody likes a bully, or a doomsayer, or a bullshitter.

I wonder if there is a Kerry accusation generator to go along with the Bush conspiracy theory generator?

Today Kerry accused Bush of:

-the state of the economy
-starting the war in Iraq
-9/11
-giving him those saggy jowls
-the decline in Heinz sales
-saying things about your mama
How about this. Bush declares UN irellevant. Bush crawls along to UN to eat humble pie and beg for help.

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:00 pm

SkepticJ wrote:
I didn't know his bodyguards had magical powers... you need the reality check... have a mole enter his inner circle and poison him with a drop of ricin... kept in a rectal bottle... They could use a knife to dig it out when the time was right .
Calling all CIA operatives... a once in a lifetime opportunity to go deep cover and inflitrate a tyrants inner circle... big butt an advantage...

Where did you find that plan? Was it next to the ricin bottle?