Lazy Americans the root of all evil

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
DanishDynamite

Post by DanishDynamite » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:11 pm

Bruce wrote:
DanishDynamite wrote:
Bruce wrote:I used to believe in this terrible lie, until I started working. Then I found out how much vacation time you Europeans get compared to us Amercians. You are the lazy ones!! :evil:
We just know how to get stuff done faster, hence leaving more time for holidays.....yeah, right. In fact you are correct. We are lazier. On the other hand, who needs to be stressing out constantly? Is there some goal we must reach? Just got that one life to live, you know.
One of my favorite Simpson's quotes goes something like: "Lisa, if you don't like the way the company is treating you, you don't go on strike. You just do everything really half-assed like everyone else."
Hey! Are you implying we do things half-assed? :evil: :)

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:11 pm

Bruce wrote:
DanishDynamite wrote:
Bruce wrote:I used to believe in this terrible lie, until I started working. Then I found out how much vacation time you Europeans get compared to us Amercians. You are the lazy ones!! :evil:
We just know how to get stuff done faster, hence leaving more time for holidays.....yeah, right. In fact you are correct. We are lazier. On the other hand, who needs to be stressing out constantly? Is there some goal we must reach? Just got that one life to live, you know.
One of my favorite Simpson's quotes goes something like: "Lisa, if you don't like the way the company is treating you, you don't go on strike. You just do everything really half-assed like everyone else."
Lisa: [gasps] Thank you, Mr. President.
Clinton: No, thank you, Lisa, for teaching kids everywhere a valuable lesson: If things don't go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
Marge: That's a pretty lousy lesson.
Clinton: Hey, I'm a pretty lousy president.

DanishDynamite

Post by DanishDynamite » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:16 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Bruce wrote:
DanishDynamite wrote:
Clinton: No, thank you, Lisa, for teaching kids everywhere a valuable lesson: If things don't go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
Leave it to Grammy to take a shot at the Democrats, no matter what the topic of the thread. :)

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:19 pm

DanishDynamite wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
Bruce wrote:
DanishDynamite wrote:
Leave it to Grammy to take a shot at the Democrats, no matter what the topic of the thread. :)
Don't blame me, blame the Simpsons! :)

Blue Monk

Post by Blue Monk » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:31 pm

DanishDynamite wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
Bruce wrote:
DanishDynamite wrote:
Hey, at least it was a funny shot.