Lol at Chik-Fil-A

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Nyarlathotep

Lol at Chik-Fil-A

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:44 pm

I haven't said or even thought much about the whole Chik-Fil-A thing because if the founder wants to use his money to be a bigot, that's his right. If people want to boycott it and/or badmouth the company because he's a bigot, that's their right too. Either way doesn't affect me as there are no Chik-Fil-A stores anywhere in my neck of the woods so I could neither support them nor boycott them even if I wanted to.

Nonetheless, I found this example of them shooting themselves in the foot to be hilarious.

Chick-fil-A Has Completely Lost Control Of Its Facebook Page

Short version for those that don't want to read the link. The Jim Henson company used to provide toys for the company's kid's meals. The Jim Henson Company decided that they didn't want to be associated with Chik-Fil-A anymore and pulled out of the deal. Chik-Fil-A tried to claim that THEY were the ones that dropped Henson because the toys were unsafe. When that story failed to take root, they set up a fake account from a teenage girl named Abby to try to claim that the toys were gone weeks ago. They got caught within hours.

(Insert Nelson Muntz laugh here)
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Ronin

Re: Lol at Chik-Fil-A

Postby Ronin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Lying for Jesus. I'm not even all that surprised, I guess it's okay for them to lie given that their putative savior was a habitual liar himself.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Hmm, while it looks like a fuck up by the company there is no evidence that Chick-Fil-A created those accounts.

The worst thing in this whole drama filled situation are Mayors of cities saying how they will be denying permits. That's fucked up.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Grammatron wrote:Hmm, while it looks like a fuck up by the company there is no evidence that Chick-Fil-A created those accounts.

The worst thing in this whole drama filled situation are Mayors of cities saying how they will be denying permits. That's fucked up.

Granted someone outside the company could have done it, but I think they are by far the most likely culprit. They have the most reason to do it and they closed the account shortly after they found the pic was a stock photo. I have never seen a troll give up that easily after a hole was poked in their story. A PR guy saying "Oh shit" seems far more likely.

But the mayor thing is indeed fucked up. As long as Chik-Fil-A isn't breaking the law, its pretty much between the company and the public. Its basically a matter of whether people want to eat there or not, knowing what they know. No government has any business getting involved.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Chik-Fil-A is my second favorite fast food joint. Very clean. Service is always quick and polite. Food is consistently blase.

I too have doubts they created that page. I would think it just as likely that Jim Henson company did it.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Chik-Fil-A is my second favorite fast food joint. Very clean. Service is always quick and polite. Food is consistently blase.

I too have doubts they created that page. I would think it just as likely that Jim Henson company did it.

I think whichever news/blog site reported it had the most to gain out of it. But I would not put it past any marketing department to be this stupid, so anyone involved is under suspicion.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:Chik-Fil-A is my second favorite fast food joint. Very clean. Service is always quick and polite. Food is consistently blase.

I think whichever news/blog site reported it had the most to gain out of it. But I would not put it past any marketing department to be this stupid, so anyone involved is under suspicion.

In the original dispute between Henson and Chicfila, the evidence suggests that it is Henson that is lying. The page indicates there is a recall on the toys. Unless one thinks that Chicfila would instigate a recall to dispute Henson's claim.

It's a little odd that the original article didn't report that part.

DrMatt
BANNED

Postby DrMatt » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:44 pm

The recall started the week AFTER Henson et al canceled their contract.
Pretty funny.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 am

Grammatron wrote:The worst thing in this whole drama filled situation are Mayors of cities saying how they will be denying permits. That's fucked up.

Well I guess if communities can vote to keep Wal-Mart out, they can vote to keep out Chik-Fil-A too.

Personally I'm against it in either case. Let the free market decide.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 am

Chik-Fil-A would do this after introducing their Spicy Chicken Sandwich recipe. With a little mayo on it, its deeeeeeelicious.

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:05 am

DrMatt wrote:The recall started the week AFTER Henson et al canceled their contract.
Pretty funny.

what does that tell you matt?

DrMatt
BANNED

Postby DrMatt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:06 am

Rob Lister wrote:
DrMatt wrote:The recall started the week AFTER Henson et al canceled their contract.
Pretty funny.

It tells me they don't have common sense at PR.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

gnome

Postby gnome » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:26 am

My vote is that someone decided to make a sock puppet on CF's behalf... doesn't need to be one of the major parties. Though the choice of an attractive female image speaks to someone who is thinking about mass manipulation.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 pm

DrMatt wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:
Pretty funny.

I think you're pretty gullible.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 pm

gnome wrote:My vote is that someone decided to make a sock puppet on CF's behalf... doesn't need to be one of the major parties. Though the choice of an attractive female image speaks to someone who is thinking about mass manipulation.

errr ... sure. It's obvious.
:roll:
- new minimalist ethos -

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:17 pm

You can't go far wrong with this interpretation.
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Homophobe versus Alderman:
http://www.suntimes.com/13999843-761/al ... lying.html

Why can't there be a way for both of them to lose?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

DrMatt
BANNED

Postby DrMatt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
DrMatt wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:
Pretty funny.

Anybody with common sense at PR doesn't take actions which cannot be distinguished from stomping their foot and saying "we were going to do this anyway, so there."

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Homophobe versus Alderman:
http://www.suntimes.com/13999843-761/al ... lying.html

Why can't there be a way for both of them to lose?

Why can't he just do it the traditional way, let them open but then unleash the inspectors on them to fine the living shit out of them for every violation of the archaic and byzantine Chicago building and health codes until they plaster their windows with Moreno campaign material and write a fat check to his re-election fund?

eta: but what he's doing is blatantly unconstitutional, government sanctions for expressing a political view. No doubt my taxes will be paying the legal bills to defend this idiocy. :x
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Grammatron wrote:The worst thing in this whole drama filled situation are Mayors of cities saying how they will be denying permits. That's fucked up.

Well I guess if communities can vote to keep Wal-Mart out, they can vote to keep out Chik-Fil-A too.

Personally I'm against it in either case. Let the free market decide.

Communities, yes, politicians no.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”