Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 21197
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 1359 times
Been thanked: 1148 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:36 pm

A bit of trouble in Sarkeesian-Hater Land:

[video][/video]

It's a bit too long. You don't really have to watch the whole thing to get that this "project" is an epic failure.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70284
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3029 times
Been thanked: 1134 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Still some activity in that TOP thread, but it was merged with something else so it doesn't really count any more.

But it had a really good run, didn't it? :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19902
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 648 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by corplinx » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:43 pm

For every movement, in come the cons to try cash in. Kickstarters make this even easier now. "Let's make a video on how full of shit Anita is, it isn't like there aren't a million free ones on the internet."

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19902
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 648 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by corplinx » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Still some activity in that TOP thread, but it was merged with something else so it doesn't really count any more.

But it had a really good run, didn't it? :)

Pretty epic. What did they merge it with?

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70284
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3029 times
Been thanked: 1134 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 pm

corplinx wrote:Pretty epic. What did they merge it with?
Not sure, but the subject line is mine but with "[merged]" appended.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19794
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:13 am

The newest installment of the drama ...
Newser) – A female Nintendo employee has been fired after months of harassment from gamers who blamed her for censorship—but the company says her firing has nothing to do with her being targeted by the "GamerGate" campaign, the Verge reports. "I am no longer a good, safe representative of Nintendo, and my employment has been terminated," Seattle-based worker Alison Rapp tweeted on Wednesday, adding that the last few months have been a "whirlwind" of controversy and harassment. Nintendo says Rapp was fired for moonlighting, which is against company policy, not because of an anti-Rapp campaign led by 4chan and Reddit posters, VentureBeat reports.
http://www.newser.com/story/222869/nint ... loyee.html

I don't follow the SJW scene but Newser sometimes brings it to me anyway. A bit of googling shows that Alison Rapp was a Product Marketing Specialist at Nintendo, AKA a promoter, and a SJW in her free time. She [predictably] became part of a shitstorm that can only be viewed as a public relations nightmare for Nintendo. This is not what someone in Public Relations is supposed to do. That's not why she was officially fired but it is hard to believe it was a real part of it.
Rapp had been harassed by gamers who blamed her for the censorship of sexual content in Japanese games adapted for the US market
She presents her work history on LInkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alisonrapp
As well as all the ammo anyone would need to destroy her professionally, including inks to papers she wrote for a college publication advocating for less-strict limits concerning child porn laws. She stepped in the ultimate taboo. How one can be both a SJW and make that argument I do not know. I didn't read it.

https://issuu.com/honorsreview/docs/vol ... ipBtn=true
Last edited by Rob Lister on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 67061
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3317 times
Been thanked: 2093 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:24 am

Chris Makepeace . . . we just do not see enough of him. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
2

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70284
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3029 times
Been thanked: 1134 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:29 pm

Rob Lister wrote: ... As well as all the ammo anyone would need to destroy her professionally, including inks to papers she wrote for a college publication advocating for less-strict limits concerning child porn laws. She stepped in the ultimate taboo. How one can be both a SJW and make that argument I do not know. I didn't read it. ...


Then the question is how did she get the Nintendo gig in the first place?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19902
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 648 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by corplinx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:49 pm

Intersectional Feminist bullies went after Blizzard Entertainment this week. They released previews of their new game overwatch and the SJWs went wild about a female characters' sexual portrayal. Blizzard quickly apologized and promised to change it. Then everyone sane said "WTF, now they are going to police everything you do you fucking idiots!"

A few days went by and I mostly just shook my head and thought "another internet tempest in a teacup." I finally did a google image search for "blizzard tracer pose".

This is what they were upset by:
Image

No shit. That's what they're upset by. A flat skinny butt. I am actually shocked that the SJWs went after this. Or I'm not since they are mentally retarded.

This mother then spoke up for everyone who isn't a cultural maoist trying to take part in a intimidation based cultural revolution:
My name is Ginny Higerd. I'm 30 years old, and a mother of an 8 year old. I've been playing Blizzard Entertainment games since The Lost Vikings on SNES. I've been a gamer since 1993. I've been a WoW player since 2005.

I'm not attractive. I'm not skinny. I got my jelly rolls that I have to deal with. I've been teased about my appearance since elementary school. As I got older, I tried very hard not to let it get to me.

Today, however, I'm upset. I'm disappointed.

Today, I feel like my voice no longer matters to Blizzard. Today, I feel like I was told that I have to give up confident and sexy poses to cater to a small minority, very annoying voice in the gaming industry.

I'm quite frankly sick of it.

I love being a sexy night elf character. I love being Tracer. I love being Nova. I LOVE these strong women that can be confident in their abilities and their appearance, because in the real world, I'm none of those things. These games were an escape for me. I channel myself into these characters, because I would give anything to be just like them.

Blizzard, why am I not allowed to be strong and sexy? Why am I not allowed to love these characters as they already are? Why are you alienating not just me, but many other women that love these female characters as they are for a single voice?

I want Tracer to stay how she is. I want her to be strong, confident, and sexy. Please, PLEASE, stop trying to make this game too PC. Stop trying to make women like me out to be sensitive babies that can't handle beautiful women. Stop trying to cater to "families" when this game isn't meant to be played by younger children.

Stop snuffing out my voice!

Edit: Since I have to prove myself constantly:

Do I post on KiA? Yes, because I am a firm believer that video games are an art, and need to stop pandering to the PC crowd that do not actually play any of these games. My opinions are my opinions, and they should not be invalidated simply because of subreddits I browse.

I'm a grown adult that can make my own decisions, and simply because I disagree with the PC police does not mean I'm trolling.

Edit 2: Other characters in the game use the exact same pose. Why aren't people calling for them to be removed because they're "sexist"/boring/whatever excuse? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ceq0ec7WsAMUK-x.jpg

Edit 3: I'm calling you out, Jeff. If that's your excuse for removing it, then every character that does the same pose must also be removed. Fair is fair, right? http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatc ... 1#post-210
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatc ... 0742895690

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Been thanked: 1683 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Grammatron » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:11 pm

IMO this is the best critique against what blizzard did.

Image

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19794
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:06 pm

corplinx wrote: This is what they were upset by:
I figured they'd be upset about the shoes.

User avatar
Ben Trovado
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Title: Ex Avenger
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Ben Trovado » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Doctor X wrote:Chris Makepeace . . . we just do not see enough of him. . . .

--J.D.

Now THERE is a sentence you don't read every ever.

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19902
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 648 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by corplinx » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:30 am

Image

This was just this week. The SocJus Fascists continue to base to spread lies and deceptions and have them uncritically repeated because it confirms the bias of many people. Kind of like those "widespread violence" stories about Trump rallies where the SocJus people are mostly to blame.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 67061
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3317 times
Been thanked: 2093 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Doctor X » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:19 am

I find their failure to include the necessary "'" in the title sloppy.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
2

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 21197
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 1359 times
Been thanked: 1148 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:34 am

Rob Lister wrote:She presents her work history on LInkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alisonrapp
As well as all the ammo anyone would need to destroy her professionally, including inks to papers she wrote for a college publication advocating for less-strict limits concerning child porn laws. She stepped in the ultimate taboo. How one can be both a SJW and make that argument I do not know. I didn't read it.

https://issuu.com/honorsreview/docs/vol ... ipBtn=true
Skimmed to try and get a sense of it, but it was definitely in the realm of tl;dr. I won't say this is her whole argument, since I only skimmed, but I did see the word "cultural imperialism" mentioned. She may be talking about manga/anime, not actual living children being abused.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19794
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:40 am

That was the sense I got, not that it matters. 10 foot poles are too short.

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 21930
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Has thanked: 353 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by gnome » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:58 am

On the "sexy pose" controversy--there certainly is an abundance of it in video games with female characters. Does the matter have to be a result of SJWs throwing a hissy fit and the gaming company caving? Or could it be a subjective matter of taste, some people expressed that they weren't fond of it, and the company decided that a change might broaden the appeal of the game?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19902
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 648 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by corplinx » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:41 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Internet Huckster Anita Sarkeesian made some woo woo video about butts in video games recently so it has been an SJW hot topic. This video does a great job of sending a message without saying a single word.

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 21930
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Has thanked: 353 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by gnome » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:48 am

Here's what I'm saying--what distinguishes a plain opinion, that a company will consider like any other, from "allowing" or "disallowing" things?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19902
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 648 times

Re: Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart

Post by corplinx » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:02 am

Because the game developer replied to the loonie SJW who opened the thread with the complaint on the Overwatch beta forum? There really isn't a controversy over this one being a cave in.