Cuba

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 14091
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 2175 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Witness » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:53 am

Rob Lister wrote:I don't think it is any use, Nyarl. His objections are emotional. Logic evades him.

And so, without further logical objection...

Give him a mojito to cool down…

Image

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:16 am

We don't need cuba, they have nothing to offer us. Nothing!

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:21 am

So what? Neither does Tonga yet I don't see you pushing for cutting off relations with them? What does that have to do with having normal trade and diplomatic relations? You seem curiously averse to answering that question.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:31 am

My point is and forever will be we don't need cuba , cuba needs us we are about to piss a large amount of taxpayer money
into that shit hole and I get it you don't give a fuck.

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:38 am

But you are using that as an argument to not ressume normal relations with them and to continue the embargo.

So again, so what? What does our not needing Cuba have to do with that? Why aren't you advocating giving Tonga the same treatment?
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:46 am

Anyone in the world can deal with them, no embargo, we don't need cuba, they need us. They need US taxpayer's money
they are a hole in the ocean that our government will piss our money in.

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:53 am

Still no reason. We don't need Tonga either. We don't need lots of countries. The embargo and the lack of relations isn't because "we don't need them". Thus lifting it isn't and shouldn't be contigent on whether we do. Again, no one is proposing lifting them to some special status, just the same status that we grant the rest of the world.

Your argument is like if I were arguing for gun control because onions taste nasty. It may or may not be true but It is completely detached from the point you are trying to make.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:55 am

What is it that they have that we need why do we need cuba tell me

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:57 am

I have no idea what we need from them. What we need or do not need from them is irrelevant with regards to the point of normalizing relations.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 am

You may as well be arguing that we shouldn't normalize relations because of their penchant for stupid hats
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 65760
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3027 times
Been thanked: 1932 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:01 am

We need their left-handed relief pitchers and right-handed power bats.







What?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:09 am

You still don't get it, we should benefit, but there is none.

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19590
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 612 times

Re: Cuba

Postby corplinx » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:29 am

jacks wrote:You still don't get it, we should benefit, but there is none.


Ipse Dixit. They are a net importer of goods and have a population greater than all but 7 states. I can lead you to water but I can't make you un-retarded.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 65760
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3027 times
Been thanked: 1932 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:05 am

We tend to win when people need to buy our shit.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:14 am

jacks wrote:You still don't get it, we should benefit, but there is none.


The one who doesn't get it is you. Whether we need them or not is irrelevant. If we were elevating them to some super special status, you might have a point (assuming that what you are maintaining is true), but we are merely giving them the same default status that literally hundreds of other countries have, some of which we "need" far less than Cuba.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:57 am

No I'm sure I get it they will be yet another basket case for the American taxpayer to support. Let them rot.

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:30 pm

corplinx wrote:
jacks wrote:You still don't get it, we should benefit, but there is none.


Ipse Dixit. They are a net importer of goods and have a population greater than all but 7 states. I can lead you to water but I can't make you un-retarded.

bullshit

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:59 pm

jacks wrote:No I'm sure I get it they will be yet another basket case for the American taxpayer to support. Let them rot.


Why don't we just cut off diplomatic ties and trade with EVERYONE, ya know, in case we might feel compelled to give them economic aid.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47054
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 1295 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 pm

jacks wrote:
corplinx wrote:
jacks wrote:You still don't get it, we should benefit, but there is none.


Ipse Dixit. They are a net importer of goods and have a population greater than all but 7 states. I can lead you to water but I can't make you un-retarded.

bullshit

That's some solid and compelling evidence for your case right there.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19614
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Hiding under ed's bed
Has thanked: 546 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Rob Lister » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Looking across the tubes for implications indicate that their won't be too many. We can probably expect rice (to them) and sugar (from them) trade deals in the not too distant future but heavier trade will have to wait until folks on both sides get their mind right.

They are going to see a pretty vast increase in tourism. Probably triple in the short term and level out at double. We're already a tourist attraction for them. :) Getting them to go home is tough.


Return to “Politics & Social Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests