Burn the burqa

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Witness

Burn the burqa

Post by Witness » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Feminists once burned their bras, now rabid male phallocratic oppressors want to burn burqas:
Mail Online wrote:Chad arrests five and bans burqa after suicide bombings

Chad, a mostly Muslim country, also said it would ban head-to-toe burqas and religious turbans.

"Even the burqas for sale in the markets will be withdrawn," said Prime Minister Kalzeube Pahimi Deubet, who met religious leaders on Wednesday to discuss the measures.
(French press sayeth "police will burn burqas on the markets"… Those Froggies are so emotional.)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuter ... bings.html

For info:

Quartz wrote:The veil has also been banned at times in countries with a majority Muslim population. The Syrian government banned veils from universities in 2010, but relaxed the regulation to appease the country’s Muslims amid rising tensions in 2011. Turkey banned headscarves for decades, in an attempt to emphasize the nation’s secularism, but lifted the restrictions in 2013. In Tunisia, the headscarf debate is a tumultuous one: in February, the government issued a statement about banning full-face veils citing security concerns. The statement’s vagueness sparked a national debate.
http://qz.com/326086/the-places-in-the- ... burqa-ban/

gnome

Re: Burn the burqa

Post by gnome » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 am

How about letting women wear what they want instead of deciding for them?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:26 am

Local bans all over western Europe?

That means a veiled Muslim woman driving across country needs to be up on all the local ordinances or else? Do they post a sign at the city limits?

In a way that's more oppressive than an all out national ban.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:39 pm

gnome wrote:How about letting women wear what they want instead of deciding for them?
:o And let them have Souls, Voting Rights… Free Will, even?!?

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:41 pm

gnome wrote:How about letting women wear what they want instead of deciding for them?
I think that the thinking is that they do not really have that option.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 pm

The whole thing's daft. The various "Islamic" dress codes for women are cultural and not religious: there is no demand in the Quran that women should cover either their heads or entire bodies. They are specifically required to cover their breasts and "private parts" as well as to dress modestly in general.

Linky.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

jacks
Title: double dipshit

Post by jacks » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Am i missing something are not men forcing women to wear that bullshit?

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Apparently some men just can't control themselves when they see a nice chick. So, instead of teaching them basic manners… hide the chicks.
Then find "excellent reasons" for doing so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab_by_country

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm sure there are a few women that actually choose to wear it. One can easily argue that it is a first amendment right of those who so choose.

The question seems to be is there a state need to prohibit the wearing of it and does that need supersede the first amendment rights of those so choosing. It's a tough question. The state can certainly enforce some degree of modesty (covering breast, genitalia, etc) so why can't it enforce a similar degree of immodesty.

Of course Chad never even met a first amendment right much less any others, but the point remains.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Witness wrote:Apparently some men just can't control themselves when they see a nice chick. So, instead of teaching them basic manners… hide the chicks.

That is the single most useless graphic I have ever seen. What is it of, central europe? And what is the 50 shades of green, wtf.

Jesus, <spit>

ed

Post by ed » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:19 pm

asthmatic camel wrote:The whole thing's daft. The various "Islamic" dress codes for women are cultural and not religious: there is no demand in the Quran that women should cover either their heads or entire bodies. They are specifically required to cover their breasts and "private parts" as well as to dress modestly in general.

Linky.
Outrage as High Court judge says immigrants should be allowed to hit their children because there is a 'different cultural context'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3dQ4TQx8M
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

asthmatic camel

Post by asthmatic camel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:10 pm

ed wrote:
Witness wrote:Apparently some men just can't control themselves when they see a nice chick. So, instead of teaching them basic manners… hide the chicks.

That is the single most useless graphic I have ever seen. What is it of, central europe? And what is the 50 shades of green, wtf.

Jesus, <spit>
Geography is not my strongest subject, but even I recognised that as South East Esia.

Dumbass.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Can it be said that the USA has "dress codes for women" in that it is illegal in most places for a woman to show her tits in public?

Not powerfully enforced for the most part, but still.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

asthmatic camel

Post by asthmatic camel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:33 pm

That applies most places, just as getting your knob out is generally but not always frowned upon.

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:56 pm

jacks wrote:
Am i missing something are not men forcing women to wear that bullshit?
Yes, I just don't see the solution as forcing them NOT to.

Ban the coercion, not the garment.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:15 pm

How do you ban the coercion?

At my gym, I see women wearing the head scarves. Usually with yoga pants. Meanwhile in South India I saw the horror of the full burka. It seems like muslim women wear as little of it as they can get away with in their country. In America, they can't be forced into the full thing since we have domestic abuse laws, so it becomes a fashion accessory and we get the softest trace of religious misogyny. Because it is so light, we perhaps don't take it seriously.

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:21 pm

Maybe getting rid of the coercion is hard. That doesn't mean it makes sense to replace one specific forced choice with another.
--Soldier, TF2

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:26 pm

I don't believe in banning religious expression. However, if I have to take off my hat for a photo, so should they. In that way, the government is treating everyone equally.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:58 am

corplinx wrote:I don't believe in banning religious expression. However, if I have to take off my hat for a photo, so should they. In that way, the government is treating everyone equally.
The problem with religion is not its expression (even if I'm personally disgusted by crosses with a hanging corpse, and woulden't like to have the muezzin wailing through loudspeakers at 4.30 AM), but that the religious ones want the others to conform to their particular brand of woo.
(There is a very long history of that, from emergent Christianity hunting down "pagans" – e. g. closing philosophical schools – to religious wars, forced conversions, various church-supported burnings, pogroms, expulsions, &c.)

Now I'm all for government "treating everyone equally". But that conflicts too with the preceding point. As a, still very mild, example I posted somewhere that UK female cops now have to wear scarves in some places. Inheritance laws are also starting to get adapted for Muslim citizens. (My religion requires that I pay no taxes – but we're not yet there, too bad! :P )

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

On a lighter note, about what's deemed gross or fashionable (and referring to AC's nice photo of a guy with a prick scabbard), here's a picture of a gentleman's modest fly:

There was also a brief period during the Renaissance when ladies of taste showed their tits (and put rouge on them), a fashion called "espoitrinement à la Valois" (~ un-breasting Valois style) but created in Venice (where travelers were ab-so-lu-tely shocked, of course). Coulden't find a picture, and alas it doesen't seem to have persisted there. :(

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:54 am

Somewhere I have a photograph of his armor.

Saving me the effort of finding and scanning is Al "MANBEARPIG!" Gore to the rescue!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!