Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Witness

Re: Burn the burqa

Post by Witness » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:34 am

^ So sad… http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 70421.html

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Frenchies converted to Islam had a bright idea:
France 24 wrote:Outrage over Muslim gender ban in French grocery store

The shop displayed a sign in the window asking “sisters” to come on Saturdays and Sundays, and “brothers” to visit on weekdays.

The shop owner, Muslim convert Jean-Baptiste Michalon, insisted he had acted in good faith and was not telling customers when they could or couldn’t visit his shop.

“We did this in response to requests from ‘sisters’ who preferred to come when my wife is working,” he told AFP. “We do also sell clothes here.”

“It was a sign meant entirely for clients who understand that mixing of sexes is not permitted in our [Muslim] religion,” Michalon, a recent convert to Islam, said. “It was not meant to be compulsory. I had no idea that it was against the law.”

Under the French penal code, discrimination on the grounds of gender is punishable by fines of up to 45,000 euros and a maximum of three years in jail.
(Other French sources say he was of the opinion that mixing of the sexes was conducive to adultery…)

I especially liked the wriggling of the local expert:
Tareq Oubrou, the imam of the city’s main mosque, was shocked by the shop sign.

“Even during the era of the prophet there were no such rules,” he told France 3 TV. “It’s a bit strange to try to apply [gender separation] in a culture where equality has been firmly established. Maybe the shop owner’s choice was personal, rather than theological.”
There are no rules, but "it's a bit strange" to try to apply them here where people aren't ready yet. Well…

http://www.france24.com/en/20150623-out ... cery-store

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:27 am

Update:

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:30 am

The Virtues of Hijab
An Act of Obedience
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, Allah says in the Qur'an:
"It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error." [Al-Qur'an 33:36]
Allah also said:
"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna." [Al-Qur'an 24:31]
Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from as-salaf as-salih (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.
...because muslem men just can't control themselves...

:lol:
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:42 am

Interesting that Turkey of all places has a burqa ban "in some places".

I wonder what places?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:17 pm

“It was a sign meant entirely for clients who understand that mixing of sexes is not permitted in our [Muslim] religion,”

If they 'understand', then why is the sign necessary? Except that the premise is undeniably insane perhaps?? Mixing of the sexes indeed.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:14 pm

In places where this is banned, are men prohibited from wearing full-face veils as well?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 pm

gnome wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:14 pm
In places where this is banned, are men prohibited from wearing full-face veils as well?
I don't know how the laws are written, so I don't know the answer (but either way I'm guessing they didn't consider it).

But if not, maybe Muslim husbands will order their wive to "identify as" males strictly for the kaffir authorities. :BigGrin3:

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:26 pm

A woman who chooses to wear a burqa is the same as a black man who steps into the street when a white man approaches on the sidewalk.

I am sure one can make up some elevating excuse for it. Religion can do that.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 am

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 pm

What beautiful eyes! ;)

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:25 pm

I offer no excuse. Hate the things myself and indeed what they represent. I just can't easily sign on to compelling the choice, even to counter a presumed lack of choice the other way. I feel like it's a mistargeted solution.

Is there another problem we already handle this way? Maybe that will give me a different perspective.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:32 pm

men should be forbidden full beards. Soul patch subject to permit.

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 am

Egypt drafts bill to ban burqa in public places, govt institutions

A professor said it's a Jewish tradition; Quran passages calls for modest clothing, covered hair

The Egyptian Parliament is drafting a law banning women from wearing the niqab veil. The ban will apply to wearing the clothing in public places and government institutions, the Independent reported.

MP Amna Nosseir, professor of comparative jurisprudence at Al-Azhar University, who has backed the ban, said that wearing the veil is not a requirement of Islam and in fact has non-Islamic origins.

She has argued that it is a Jewish tradition which appeared in the Arabian Peninsula prior to Islam and that a variety of Quran passages contradict its use. Instead, she has advocated that the Quran calls for modest clothing and covered hair, but does not require facial covering.

A number of restrictions have been placed on wearing the niqab in Egypt in recent years.

In February, the Cairo University banned nurses and doctors from wearing it in medical schools and in teaching hospitals, arguing the ban would: "protect patients' rights and interests."

In September last year, the university also banned academic staff from wearing the niqab in classrooms in response to complaints from students that it was too difficult for niqab wearers to communicate effectively with students.
https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 086_1.html