Brexit

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Brexit

Post by Doctor X » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:31 am

That and being between two nuclear superpowers.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Brexit: Draft agreement on future relationship 'agreed'
The political declaration - outlining how trade, security and other issues will work - has been "agreed in principle", the European Council says.

London and Brussels have already agreed the draft terms of the UK's exit from the EU on 29 March 2019.

Theresa May will make a statement to MPs at 15:00 GMT.

Downing Street said the prime minister has briefed cabinet ministers on the draft agreement in a conference call.

Last week, the UK and the EU agreed a 585-page legally-binding withdrawal agreement, covering the UK's £39bn "divorce bill", citizens' rights after Brexit and the thorny issue of the Northern Ireland "backstop" - how to keep the border open if trade talks stall.

The political declaration is a separate, far shorter document, setting out broad aspirations for the kind of relationship the UK and the EU will have after Brexit, and is not legally-binding. Some of the wording of it is non-committal and allows both sides to keep their options open.
So they have agreed, to agree?

What ever, perhaps they may yet escape the fate of the rest of the EU..
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:27 am

Criminal prosecution team notify Boris Johnson of impending action for the alleged offence of misconduct in public office.

On Saturday 17th November, Boris Johnson MP was notified of private prosecutor Marcus J Ball’s intention to bring a private prosecution case against him. The case is in accordance with section 6(1) of the Prosecution of Offences Act 1985, for the alleged offence of misconduct in public office.
[…]
The alleged offence of misconduct in public office arises from statements made and or endorsed by Boris Johnson MP in his capacity as an MP and Mayor of London prior to and following the EU Referendum concerning the cost of EU Membership. Mr Ball alleges that the claim that the UK ‘sends £350 million a week to the EU’ was knowingly false.

Also, that Mr Johnson made or endorsed these statements with the intention of persuading the British Public to vote Leave in the EU Referendum.
[…]
When asked if the case was an attempt to stop Brexit Mr Ball said that: ‘This is about stopping lying in politics; this is not about stopping Brexit, the courts do not have the power to do that. We do need to stop politicians from lying in any future referendums though. The motivation for this prosecution is a desire to bring a beginning to the end of lying in politics’.

The private prosecution case has been crowdfunded by over 7000 people across four separate crowdfunds since it first began in June 2016.
https://medium.com/@MarcusJBall/crimina ... 526fbe4805

:mrgreen:

Giz

Post by Giz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:46 am

What can we make illegal next? “Knowingly” making manifesto commitments that will not be honored?

I mean, I’m as in favor of locking up politicians as the next guy, but this seems like a troubling precedent.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:41 am

Dominic Raab: Theresa May's deal worse than staying in EU

Former Brexit secretary condemns PM’s plan, as ministers reportedly consider ‘no-deal deal’

The former Brexit secretary Dominic Raab has conceded Theresa May’s Brexit deal would be “even worse” than staying in the EU.

The leading Brexiter, who dramatically quit the cabinet last week in protest over the withdrawal agreement negotiated by the prime minister, said he did not advocate staying in the EU but that May’s plan was an inferior option.

Asked on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme what he would do if he had to choose between May’s deal or no Brexit at all, Raab said: “Well, I don’t have to choose that. I’m sorry, I’m not going to give way to hypothetical scenarios. I’ll keep fighting for the best, most successful Brexit.”

Pressed further on whether he thought the deal would be worse than staying in the EU, he replied: “Well, I’m not going to advocate staying in the EU but if you just presented me terms, this deal or EU membership – we’d effectively be bound by the same rules without a control or voice over them – yes, I think this would be even worse than that.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ying-in-eu

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 am

U.K. and E.U. Leaders Cinch Brexit Divorce Terms
BRUSSELS — More than four decades after Britain tied itself to its Continental neighbors, Prime Minister Theresa May obtained the approval of the other 27 European Union members on a formal divorce pact from the bloc, Donald Tusk, the president of the European Council, said on Sunday.

It is a consequential step intended to take the country on a new, if unclear, path.
I suppose that if she's managed to reach agreement with all 27 EU countries, all that remains is the matter of passing it through parliament.
The journey has been long and tortuous for both sides, and the drama is hardly over. Mrs. May must still get approval for the deal — a dense, legally binding divorce settlement and a set of political promises for Britain’s future relationship with the bloc — from an outspokenly unhappy British Parliament.

Since Britons voted in 2016 to leave the European Union, Mrs. May has struggled to define how closely they should remain tied to Continental Europe, ultimately choosing a kind of middle way that has left many dissatisfied.

With her own Conservative Party deeply divided and the opposition Labour Party promising to vote the deal down, Mrs. May faces what most consider to be an almost impossible task.

But she is dogged, and, with Britain scheduled to leave the European Union on March 29, she appears to be relying on giving legislators a stark choice: her deal or a chaotic exit without any deal.
So it's either her deal or "hard brexit". Any other deal would have to be renegotiated with the EU, and I see no reason to think that they would be willing to offer any different terms than they already offered to May.

I suppose she could threaten to dissolve the government and call new elections if it is not approved? :notsure:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:23 am

James Ball The Brexit debate is currently just the deluded fighting with those in denial. The U.K. is in trouble.
That’s messy enough, but is nothing compared to the nightmare U.K. prime minister Theresa May faces in getting the deal through her own parliament. Her problem is that while the deal addresses many of the headaches of leaving the EU — and avoids the chaos that would follow if the U.K. left the union without a deal at all — it doesn’t really please anyone.

The deal restricts the U.K.’s ability to make new trade deals outside the E.U., requires the U.K. to make around £40 billion in payments to the E.U. in future years, and contains few guarantees over the future long-term relationship between the U.K and the E.U.

Because of this, May faces almost impossible parliamentary math when trying to get her deal ratified: More than 70 members of parliament from her own party have publicly pledged to vote against the deal.

Given that her party already governs without a majority — they have relied on support from the Northern Irish DUP party, who are also against the deal — this leaves May relying on dozens of votes from the opposing parties, which no one (save her) believes she’ll be able to muster.

If May is in denial about the prospects of her deal passing, though, she’s not alone.

Most MPs and supporters of Labour, the main opposition party, are against Brexit and even support efforts to reverse the referendum to leave the E.U. at all — but its leadership has instead promised that they could negotiate a better deal to rescind their E.U. membership if they were to take over the government in an emergency early election. (The prospect of such an election is roughly as likely as Donald Trump suddenly declaring he loves Obama’s Iran deal, and E.U. leaders have made it clear that they do not plan to renegotiate a new deal.)

Right-wingers in May’s own party, in fact, launched a failed attempt to oust her earlier last week — the first step of a bid to replace her with a leader from their faction of the party whom they also claimed would be able to renegotiate the deal May achieved. (Again, the E.U has made it clear that the option to renegotiate is not on the table.)
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:34 pm

The UK should just leave and give the EU the middle finger. What are they going to do if the UK refuses to pay them money or fealty, invade?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:37 pm

The deal restricts the U.K.’s ability to make new trade deals outside the E.U.
Well that kind of sucks....come on Britt's... cut ties with those wog loving vibrant-diversity embracing folks of the EU...

We'll trade with you...I wager China will also...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Dominion status.

They will go down with the EU anyway.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:22 am

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:18 am

Merkel seems pretty happy.

Last edited by WildCat on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giz

Post by Giz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 am

I knew I was going to be sorry I clicked on that

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:20 am

Giz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 am
10 bucks says Lister faps to it.

Carr
Title: Floor Walker

Post by Carr » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:14 am

There's no abusing yourself to Angela Merkel in the building!

Or anywhere!

Everyone gets a night in the box for bringing that up!
Any man who don't keep order spends a night in the box!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 am

Giz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 am
Once seen, it cannot be un-seen....

:rub:

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:08 pm

Merkel: EU States Must Prepare to Hand National Sovereignty over to Brussels

Dear Brits....you may just escape....
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said that European Union (EU) member states must be prepared to transfer powers over to Brussels at a debate on the ‘tensions’ between globalisation and national sovereignty.
Yes a success, a flaming success....

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 pm

The EU is the new monarchy.

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:52 am