Islamist Shoots up Gay Night Club in Orlando

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Islamist Shoots up Gay Night Club in Orlando

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Omar Mateen called 911 just before club shooting, swore allegiance to Islamic State, multiple law enforcement officials say - NBC News

50 killed, 53 injured per BBC
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36512308

Twitter? They're censoring hashtags about the shooter or islamic terror so the only thing trending is #guncontrol....

Reddit? Completely on fire as topical subreddits started deleted/censoring topics as soon as it turned out the shooter was an Islamist. The alt-right shitpost farm "The_Donald" became the only source for Orlando shooting news aggregation.

Typing this as I watch Barry-O give an official statement.
"Act of Terror, Act of Hate"

No if-if-if-ifs and or disclaimers on that statement. FBI is investigating as an act of terrorism.

Obligatory gun control push during his statement.

corplinx

Re: Islamist Shoots up Gay Night Club in Orlando

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders called it "horrific" and "unthinkable" and said it underscores the need for gun control measures.
"Oh, it's horrific, it's unthinkable. And just hopes go out to all those who were shot that they can recover," the Democratic presidential contender said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"And I've got to tell you, 25 years ago, I believe that in this country, we should not be selling automatic weapons which are designed to kill people," Sanders said. "We have got to do everything that we can on top of that to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of people who should not have them, criminals, people who are mentally ill. So that struggles continues."

Gotta stump before the bodies cool. Bolded part makes no sense whatsoever.

The NFA was signed in 1934 and more restrictions were passed in 1986. No automatic weapon is designed or sold for the civilian market.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:50 pm

I always cringe a little when I hear politicians say they want to stop gun sales to "the mentally ill" since "mentally ill" is a huge blanket that covers everything from the guy struggling with mild depression and anxiety to the guy who thinks the Planet Jupiter is talking to him through his fillings and wants him to kill all the potato people who work at Arby's. I.e. Nearly everyone at some point or other in their life. Seems just a back door way to stop from selling to everyone.

Even if you take it to mean the dangerously mentally ill, that's still vague enough that it could be games to include or exclude nearly anyone. Depression alone can range from "just feels emotionally numb" to "contemplates murder/suicide on a daily basis" in the same person at different times.
All Hail The Crimson King

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:59 pm

Aaaaaand I saw my first 'false flag' claim already. Alas I am on my phone at the laundromat so posting it would be a PITA

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:04 pm

I join Americans in praying for the victims of the attack in Orlando, their families and the first responders who did everything they could to save lives.

This was an act of terror. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies are hard at work, and we will learn more in the hours and days ahead. For now, we can say for certain that we need to redouble our efforts to defend our country from threats at home and abroad. That means defeating international terror groups, working with allies and partners to go after them wherever they are, countering their attempts to recruit people here and everywhere, and hardening our defenses at home. It also means refusing to be intimidated and staying true to our values.

This was also an act of hate. The gunman attacked an LGBT nightclub during Pride Month. To the LGBT community: please know that you have millions of allies across our country. I am one of them. We will keep fighting for your right to live freely, openly and without fear. Hate has absolutely no place in America.

Finally, we need to keep guns like the ones used last night out of the hands of terrorists or other violent criminals. This is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States and it reminds us once more that weapons of war have no place on our streets.
This is a time to stand together and resolve to do everything we can to defend our communities and country.

Hillary's statement. Too intimidated to use the word "Islam" (but don't be intimidated!) Obligatory gun control rallying cry.

Don't let the bodes cool!

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Aaaaaand I saw my first 'false flag' claim already. Alas I am on my phone at the laundromat so posting it would be a PITA

Msg me the url and I'll post it?

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:09 pm

http://www.infowars.com/the-truth-about ... -massacre/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYyrPHg_ag0

InfoWars (the usual false flag suspects) covers the whole Islamic elephant in the room instead.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Sent it via FB

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:16 pm

https://twitter.com/hashtag/FalseFlag?src=hash

Don't click that unless you are ready to read the idiocy of paranoid gun owners and of course trolls.

This is the link Nyar stumbled on:
http://victuruslibertas.com/2016/06/mas ... alse-flag/

Interestingly, the shooter called 9-1-1 to pledge his allegiance to ISIS- Wow! Is that the way they do it these days? That’s as good as the 9-1-1 “terrorists” leaving behind their very legal and apparently fire-proof passports.

Of course, the site in question is every-conspiracy-you-can-name type nonsense.

The grief predators are on the March.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Grief predators. Good term. I am stealing it

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:31 pm

I also saw on FB, on a group I am part of for fnas of Cyberpunk fiction where people often pose cyberpunk looking pictures, a plea by someone to stop posting pictures with guns in them, as this sort of artwork encourages people to shoot people. :roll:

Needless to say, he was pretty roundly mocked. He did not take well to my question of whether this worked for other societal ills too. If we stop posting pic of money, will that do something about poverty? If I stop posting pics of cats, will mine stop going outside of their litterbox? That seemed to make him a bit...annoyed.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Thank you.

I had started to have a positive attitude about humanity.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:47 pm

Trawling for idiocy on twitter is probably too easy. You can always find the worst ignorance, prejudice, etc on parade. Whether it's people saying the victims got what they deserved, false flag, kill all muslims, etc.

I am posting this hypocritically because I will no longer post any tapestries of twitter idiots. This is just the case in point.

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:17 pm

One of the deadliest mass shooting in US history happened last night. 50+ people are dead. I wonder why there's no outpouring of grief on my timeline. Oh, right, maybe because it was at an lgbt+ club.

--someone on my face books

Can't wait to use the tragedy to show how lofty my stances are, right?

I didn't care to tell them the news feed is tailored to you based on your cumulative likes/etc and searches....

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Apparently the FBI knew what he was up to.

Did they step aside on purpose, or is it just the Keystone Cops without the humor.

I'm tending to the latter explanation, but I can't entirely dismiss the other.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Here is Trump's official response.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... st-attacks

Entirely predictable.
Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Apparently the FBI knew what he was up to.

Did they step aside on purpose, or is it just the Keystone Cops without the humor.

I'm tending to the latter explanation, but I can't entirely dismiss the other.

The FBI has been in involved in terrorism stings where they help radicalize domestic members of fringe groups and then give them a fake bomb or something and then bust them when the stooge tries to use it.

I would hope this isn't that strategy gone wrong where the person gets their own guns and goes it alone.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Postby hammegk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:I always cringe a little when I hear politicians say they want to stop gun sales to "the mentally ill" since "mentally ill" is a huge blanket that covers everything from the guy struggling with mild depression and anxiety to the guy who thinks the Planet Jupiter is talking to him through his fillings and wants him to kill all the potato people who work at Arby's. I.e. Nearly everyone at some point or other in their life. Seems just a back door way to stop from selling to everyone.

Even if you take it to mean the dangerously mentally ill, that's still vague enough that it could be games to include or exclude nearly anyone. Depression alone can range from "just feels emotionally numb" to "contemplates murder/suicide on a daily basis" in the same person at different times.

Just another 'no fly' list that is so secret one cant find out if on or why on. Fuck em.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:44 pm

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:49 pm

9 Things We Know About the Terrorist Who Killed 50 in Orlando, FL

8. Mateen’s father said that his son was angered by images of two men kissing.

9. An account associated with ISIS has tweeted a photo of Mateen while other accounts associated with Islamic extremism have tweeted support for the attack along with anti-gay rhetoric.

Well fella, if you don't like it, don't do it...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”