Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Islamist Shoots up Gay Night Club in Orlando

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:13 pm

Sort of like Tinkerbell daily reaming.

"It just is."

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:18 am

Remember how people who brought up the relative death-toll of 911 got poo poo'd on?

Homicides are near a 51 year low while the number of guns including "SCARY AR-15s!!!!!!!!" has exploded. It is hard to draw any sort of skeptical argument for the proposals we are given.

If I really wanted to be a skeptic (and a total fucking dick), I would look at the demographic profiles of spree killers and simply forbid sales of semi-automatic weapons to any 85 majority demographic represented. So if 85 percent of spree killers are men, I'd suggest that to reduce spree killings you ban sales of semi autos to men and make a lucrative buy-back for men only. 85% have a light skin tone? Same thing. Or do we weight each spree killer by how many people they killed as well?

Which congressmen is going to ruin a moment of silence by barking out for that bill? Which one? Exactly.

We are surrounded by bullshit and if they truly wanted to "do something" they wouldn't have the stones to even whisper of it.

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:27 am

On the front page of Thursday’s Boston Globe is a massive photo of an AR-15. The headline: MAKE IT STOP.

The New York Daily News takes a similar approach, with a picture of a Marine holding an assault rifle. The headline: “Hey, NRA: this Marine served in Iraq & he says assault rifles should be banned Does that make him a gun-grabbing commie, too?”

In the days after Omar Mateen used a Sig Sauer rifle to kill 49 people in Orlando and wound 53 others — the worst mass shooting in American history — the push to ban assault weapons as a way to stop rampages has gained new momentum across the country, from cable news networks to social media to petition-signing sites.

Even horror author Anne Rice weighed in on Facebook, writing: “The one thing we do know for certain about these weapons is that they have figured in one horrific criminal massacre of innocent civilians after another.”

Well, not exactly. Lost in the diatribes about banning assault weapons is this inconvenient fact: the vast majority of mass shooters use handguns, not assault rifles, in their attacks.

wapo:// https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/loc ... shootings/

AR-15s are fine. Ban Handguns. Which politician is going to shout on the floor of congress that SOMETHINGG MUST BE DONE NOW MR RYAN!!!! BAN TEH HANDGUNS? (hint: outside of a few major urban centers, none, because concealed handgun carry permits have skyrocketed and they fucking vote)

How dare the WaPo piss on the virtue signaling parade.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 pm

False Flag assholes can choke on a bag of assorted dicks. They have begun to do this bullshit everytime there is a tragedy. Then they have the fucking temerity to act as if they are brave warriors for harrasing innocent people who have either just been through hell or have lost someone or both. Seriously, fuck them.

Orlando shooting survivor harassed by online conspiracy kooks as a ‘crisis actor’ in a staged event
All Hail The Crimson King

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:56 pm

You are free to be retarded. What I don't get is the need to harass people.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Because they don't give a fuck about the ideals they are espousing. Harassing people isn't a side effect of their stupidity. Its the goal. It lets them feel superior. Its the whole point of their worldview.

EvilYeti

Postby EvilYeti » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:59 pm

corplinx wrote:If I really wanted to be a skeptic (and a total fucking dick), I would look at the demographic profiles of spree killers and simply forbid sales of semi-automatic weapons to any 85 majority demographic represented. So if 85 percent of spree killers are men, I'd suggest that to reduce spree killings you ban sales of semi autos to men and make a lucrative buy-back for men only. 85% have a light skin tone? Same thing. Or do we weight each spree killer by how many people they killed as well?

Forbidding sales of automatic weapons to males under 30 would reduce it a bit. But remember this guy was 29 and Adam Lanza just took his Moms guns. And there is no way to gauge how effective this would be given the limited sample size.

Anyways, like I've said before, I can fix this problem with one simple bit of legislation and a recycling program.

1. Extend current Class III firearm laws for full-automatic weapons to semi-automatic weapons. This would just be a matter of changing a few words in existing laws. Streamline/automate the permit process as much as possible to allow for an easy transition for gun owners that wish to keep their collection.

2. Have a nationwide program to buy-back 'junk' semi-autos at well above market value, to encourage people to surrender weapons.

Within a year most semi-autos would be in the hands of collectors and investors (as their market value would skyrocket) and be locked in a safe somewhere.

EvilYeti

Postby EvilYeti » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:False Flag assholes can choke on a bag of assorted dicks. They have begun to do this bullshit everytime there is a tragedy. Then they have the fucking temerity to act as if they are brave warriors for harrasing innocent people who have either just been through hell or have lost someone or both. Seriously, fuck them.

Orlando shooting survivor harassed by online conspiracy kooks as a ‘crisis actor’ in a staged event

I had an interesting discussion about this at work last week.

Say there was hacker/serial killer that specifically targeted these people. Say it turns out that this guy is a "Hannibal Lechter" level of psychopath that is able to seamlessly blend into these online communities, enumerate their leadership and then systematically (and brutally) murder them. He then destroys their online presence and sends a short video message to all of their followers with a clear and unambiguous message that they are being watched and if they *ever* harass anyone again they will be next. Followed by a short video clip of one of their peers bleeding out.

This guy is also independently wealthy and able to easily afford to travel the country/world, delegate hits to contractors when appropriate and completely cover his tracks.

...and you know who he is. Would you turn them in?

Food for thought. And for the record, if it didn't put me at risk, I probably wouldn't do it.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 pm

I honestly don't know. There is the fact that I really hate this kind of vulture. There is also the fact that I would be condoning an equally monstrous act. There is also the fact that on some days I would like to see it all burn, and don't really care. I sometimes feel like I have an inner Batman and and inner Joker and my reaction would depend on who was winning that particular day, I think.

I honestly am glad it is a fictitious scenario and an unlikely one at that, because I don't think I would know what I would do unless I actually found myself in that position. And i would hate myself for whichever option I chose.

Interesting fodder for a story though. You may have given me the plot for my NaNoWriMo novel this year.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:18 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nra-top- ... d=39963267

Contradicting statements by presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, the NRA’s top lobbyist said in an interview Sunday on “This Week” that patrons of the Pulse nightclub in Orlando should not have been armed.

“No one thinks that people should go into a nightclub drinking and carrying firearms,” said Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “That defies common sense. It also defies the law.”

At a rally on Friday, Trump said the massacre would have been prevented if some of the nightclub victims had been armed.

“If some of those wonderful people had guns strapped right here, right to their waste or right to their ankle, and one of the people in that room happened to have it and goes boom, boom, you know that would have been a beautiful sight folks,” Trump said.

Donald "Boom Boom" Trump, lol.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Witness

Postby Witness » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:58 pm

...and here I thought it was the GMO glutens.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Fools. Fools who think they are the smartest people in the room which makes them offensively toxic.

Bruce
Title: Big cynic in small state

Postby Bruce » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:40 pm

They were all in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Isn't that the true reason for all untimely deaths?
Such potential!

EvilYeti

Postby EvilYeti » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Witness wrote:Image

I will never to the end of my days understand why so many people are unable to comprehend that it's possible for events to have multiple causes, all of which are relatively equal in culpability. No reason it can't be mental illness, gun control, Isis and toxic masculinity in equal proportions.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:04 pm

EvilYeti wrote:
Witness wrote:Image

I will never to the end of my days understand why so many people are unable to comprehend that it's possible for events to have multiple causes, all of which are relatively equal in culpability. No reason it can't be mental illness, gun control, Isis and toxic masculinity in equal proportions.

It's the exact same mentality that makes people think that one event pushing another event out of the news means that the second event was designed to be a "distraction" from the first event. Some people are too simple minded to be able to multi-task mentally so they assume everyone else is too

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 am

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:52 am

corplinx wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/lgbt-gun-rights-group-sees-membership-spike-after-orlando-shooting-n594701

Armed Lesbians on the Rise.

NBC News wrote:The Pink Pistols, a national gun club for gays and lesbians

You discriminating? :wink:

"Pink Pistols" has a musical ring to it.

Could also make a nice western…

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:39 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /86241864/

Never let a tragedy go to waste. The Senate defeated 4 different bills opposed by the ACLU that would have applied the no-fly list to gun purchasers. No worries! There is a bipartisan Senate bill being crafted that would let you pay to go to court and challenge it if you find out you are on the list! (queue warning about "bipartisanship" being a terrible thing).

So John The Fraud Conyers and others are leading a sit in on the House Floor to get a vote... on... something. Or something...

Can't let a tragedy go to waste, even if you don't know what to do with it.

Maybe Conyers will claim to have been spat on and called N-gger on his heroic march into the House chamber to sit down.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:16 am

corplinx wrote:Armed Lesbians on the Rise.

That is a great film.

I have heard.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”