The Post Brexit Fallout Thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

The Post Brexit Fallout Thread

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 am

Wherein we ruminate upon the fail predictions of experts concerning the end of the world after a small island chose to not associate with a bunch of evil smelling foreign wankers.

"OMG. what will we do now?" Hear it whenever something happens that increases the discomfort level of sheeple. Happens in companies (God, did you hear? Charlie left. This company is fucked now!!!!!) happens with nations (OMG, did you hear? Hitler is Chancellor, what is going to happen now?) ok, bad example.

Thing is nothing is going to happen. Systems will rearrange themselves and people will accommodate. Here are some falsifiable predictions.

- There will be a certain amount of glee as the plebes in the UK glory in thumbing their noses at real and imagined examples of onerous Central Government control over their lives. AC will refuse to eat Brussels sprouts for example.

- The absence of EU strictures on trade (don't know what they are, don't matter) will create opportunities for some clever business people and there will be fortunes made

- Countries will increase trade with the UK for the simple reason that everyone loves a contrarian (up to a point)

- If the UK has stuff others want, no big impact on trade will occur. If they don't, they were fucked anyway and the whole thing was a sham from the gitgo.

- The "Is it safe?" moment will come to pass.
A word of explanation ... After being in business for ages, and running a company for much off the time I came to a conclusion long ago: businessmen are cowards. They don't like to make decisions since someone might say that they are wrong. It is manifested in the absurdity of "consensus seeking" which is manifested in the interviewing process including everyone but the janitor. Selling something new in to a customer? HA!!! All they want to know is whether or not it is safe. And that comes from this:
[youtube][/youtube]

Why is this relevant? Because it happens on a macro level also and gives rise to my next prognostication. When other countries see that the UK is merrily going on and mocking the UK rules and such, they will see that it is safe and they will follow them out of the EU. Same mentality that gave us a Trump, "anything is better than the status quo".

So, enhanced trade, nationalism and a growing list of exiters. Time frame for me to claim a win? One year from today.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

ed

Re: The Post Brexit Fallout Thread

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:35 am

Here is a typical comment from a reader of the times. It covers all of the crap that I suggested the sheeple would say and goes me one better by invoking Trump.
England has signed its own death warrant. Like it or not, the world IS a global world and the days of nationalism are finished. England simply CANNOT survive on its own, it has neither the manpower or the materials to stand alone NOR is it in the position of dictating policy or holding the high ground on trade issues. I am REALLY saddened by the lack of vision that these "brexit" voters have shown.

Then of course they have also set the precedent for the dissolution of the United Kingdom and instead of holding any moral high ground, England has simply decided that they want to be a nation that is smaller in population, resources and influence than the smallest State in America.

This IS a warning of the disaster that America is facing in Donald Trump and it will be interesting to see just how the damage caused by this "nationalism" proves that the Trumps of the world are in reality nothing but crazed madmen, driving the world off the edge of a cliff.

Sad to say that this will be a day remembered for having been the end of Britain as a world power, and the decline and disappearance of Britain from the world stage. Welcome to being a third world country Britain, hope you enjoy it at the bottom of the sludge pile.
We need a new version of Godwin for idiots that invoke Trump as a capper. I propose Eding.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:39 am

Posted this as a reply yo the Times idiot:
We need a new word to replace Godwin to refer to the invoking of Trumps name. To Godwin is, as you might know, to invoke Hitler as a bogyman or as a way of showing ultimate disdain. People do it with Trump now with the same level of intellectual rigor. I propose calling such actions "Edding" after myself.

Brian, Edding diminishes your argument.
:D

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 pm

All who know me well are united in delighting over my unilateral ban on Brussels Sprouts eating.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Excellent!!

Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:36 pm

I am in. Unless I have to stop eating waffles. Then I'll have to have a think.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:40 pm

We have a new product ... "Freedom Waffles"

They even have an eagle on them.

Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm back in.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:00 pm

The whole point was to be able to expedite travel across Europe since the borders are all 5 miles apart.

Also, the free trade zone was meant to supercede umpteen different sets of legacy overregulation. The EU was the escape from their own lack of individual regulatory reform. "Oh look, now there's an EU rule. Gotta follow that I guess."

Great Britian has a channel between them and a refugee crisis and while Germany and others are shouldering the burden the UK is peacing out.

This is unreal.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:22 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:02 pm

corplinx wrote:The whole point was to be able to expedite travel across Europe since the borders are all 5 miles apart.

Also, the free trade zone was meant to supercede umpteen different sets of legacy overregulation. The EU was the escape from their own lack of individual regulatory reform. "Oh look, now there's an EU rule. Gotta follow that I guess."

Great Britian has a channel between them and a refugee crisis and while Germany and others are shouldering the burden the UK is peacing out.

This is unreal.
Reminds me of obama care. What could have been handled with some sensible legislation instead resulted in a vast bureaucracy that was unneeded. All to provide health care to a purported 10% of the population.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:05 pm

The EU bureacracy isn't that massive though.

This is all very silly.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Even though I know nothing of the implications of this, I'll all for it, or again' it, whichever is more proper.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Even though I know nothing of the implications of this, I'll all for it, or again' it, whichever is more proper.
[youtube][/youtube]

You are perfectly splunge about it.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:20 pm

corplinx wrote:The EU bureacracy isn't that massive though.

This is all very silly.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/04 ... ncil-size/

Big enough. Expensive enough to smooth the way for some ponce to cross a border smoothly.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Even though I know nothing of the implications of this, I'll all for it, or again' it, whichever is more proper.
You are for it, Rob. Trust me on this.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:43 pm

I only have one question, is there enough popcorn?

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:58 pm

ed wrote:
corplinx wrote:The whole point was to be able to expedite travel across Europe since the borders are all 5 miles apart.

This is unreal.
Reminds me of obama care. What could have been handled with some sensible legislation instead resulted in a vast bureaucracy that was unneeded. All to provide health care to a purported 10% of the population.
Now if they can just disarm us peasants we will be far along the globalization road.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:00 pm

ed wrote:
corplinx wrote:The EU bureacracy isn't that massive though.

This is all very silly.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/04 ... ncil-size/

Big enough. Expensive enough to smooth the way for some ponce to cross a border smoothly.
And according to talking heads mandate the UK get rid of small appliances like hair dryers and tea warmers. LOL.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:10 pm