The Vaguely Official Police Shooting Thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: The Vaguely Official Police Shooting Thread

Post by corplinx » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:50 pm

The shooter, Micah Xavier Johnson, was “determined to hurt more officers” and would have done so if the pound of C-4 explosive carried by the robot had not ended the standoff Thursday, Brown said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
It is easy to second guess their decision to murder the guy remotely now after the fact.

The story of the guy writing messages in his own blood while holed up doesn't sound like someone they couldn't have waited out. It doesn't jive.

"There he was bleeding out and singing loopy songs. He would have hurt more officers if we hadn't blown him up."

I wish they would just say "we had to end the standoff, we made a decision, there was too much unrest at large to wait out this one person with the amount of manpower it required" rather than go with the old "it was self-defense!".

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Black Lives Matter Leader: Dallas Cop Ambush Is A Conspiracy To Make Black Lives Matter LOOK BAD
Daily Caller
... Elzie’s verified Twitter account — @Nettaaaaaaaa — describes herself thusly: “I am the stone that the builder refused…the promise of what’s to come. And I’mma remain a soldier till the war is won.” ...
Boondocks reference. 8)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:27 pm

#blacklivesmatter was a twitter campaign to raise awareness

BLM is a radical group often funded through Soros surrogates.

Liberal whites doesn't seem to know the difference when it comes to criticizing the latter, conservative whites don't seem to realize the former exists.
Last edited by corplinx on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Every "movement" is a conspiracy to make their members and / or claimed constituency look bad.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Charles Cooke at NRO weighs in on the Philo shooting:
In my view, too many conservatives react to these stories by presuming that the police must have got it right. I understand how irritating it is to hear the argument that "cop X was bad, therefore cops are generally bad," but it is equally fallacious to contend that "cops are generally good, so cop X must have been good." There is, I'm afraid, some truth in the charge that conservatives are skeptical of government up until the point that the police or the army are involved.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 pm

A thought occurs -- Hillary is making hay with this by attacking the police.

Maybe a lot of cops calling in sick during the Philadelphia convention?
Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:29 am

Witness wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Sometime down the line it will be noticed that victims of killer robots tend to be "of color".
There was an article in Le Monde (from WaPo data) about "the 510 people killed by (US) police this year":

top: kills
bottom: general population

grey: other
yellow: Asians
brown: Hispanics
dark blue: Afro-Americans
light blue: Europeans

http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/art ... 55770.html
Can you provide the similar graphic for arrests and also for convictions?

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:31 am

Soros and others have been pumping money into radical groups to provoke things. The chickens have come home to roost. Get a big enough group and group dynamics take over. Part of it was to create a hostile environment for the GOP convention.

Cunts should rot in hell.

There was a protest today in Memphis that even had the interim chief of police. Nice peaceful demonstration.

Not good enough. Fuckwits blocked the I-40 bridge. That's a terrorism target since taking it out cuts a huge freight corridor. Never block I-40.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:34 am

[youtube][/youtube]

InfoWars isn't claiming false flag on Dallas. The idea that BLM is an organized terrorist organization is silly though. It isn't organized. However, InfoWars gets the story more correct than CNN. There is a lot of hate/agitation going on and it isn't just "peaceful" demonstrations. A peaceful demonstration doesn't call for death.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Meanwhile . . . in Michigan:
ST. JOSEPH, MICH. - At least three people are dead at the Berrien County Courthouse following a shooting, an employee at the county prosecutor's office said.

Three people are dead and one person is injured, said the employee, who wished not to be named. Michigan State Police confirmed the shooting around 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 11.

Two of the people dead are court bailiffs. The other person dead is the shooter, the employee said.

Berrien County Sheriff Paul Bailey in a news conference said those injured were taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center in St. Joseph for treatment. "Brave officers" took down the shooter, adding the suspect was an in-custody inmate.
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Doctor X wrote:Meanwhile . . . in Michigan:
ST. JOSEPH, MICH. - At least three people are dead at the Berrien County Courthouse following a shooting, an employee at the county prosecutor's office said.

Three people are dead and one person is injured, said the employee, who wished not to be named. Michigan State Police confirmed the shooting around 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 11.

Two of the people dead are court bailiffs. The other person dead is the shooter, the employee said.

Berrien County Sheriff Paul Bailey in a news conference said those injured were taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center in St. Joseph for treatment. "Brave officers" took down the shooter, adding the suspect was an in-custody inmate.
--J.D.
Prisoner took a gun from a deputy and killed 2 of them. Not really relevant to anything else.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:29 pm

corplinx wrote:Soros and others have been pumping money into radical groups to provoke things. The chickens have come home to roost. Get a big enough group and group dynamics take over. Part of it was to create a hostile environment for the GOP convention.
Cynical theory:

It's an election year. In an election year, the reliable far-left supporters of the Democratic party deploy rhetoric to gen up an issue that will ensure high turnout from the African-American community. They need outrage if they don't have enthusiasm. With Obama, they had enthusiasm. With Hillary, we must gen up an issue.

The sad part of it is, it is pretty plausible.

Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Doctor X wrote:Meanwhile . . . in Michigan:
When I first heard that story announced on the radio and until they got to the details, I thought it was another ambush.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:13 am

We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book.
President Obama at the memorial service for the Dallas PD today.

No, I am not kidding. He went out and lied like that to push his gun control agenda during a memorial.

http://time.com/4403543/president-obama ... ranscript/

Most of the speech was your typical heroism and togetherness stuff.

His better side:
As a society, we choose to under-invest in decent schools. We allow poverty to fester so that entire neighborhoods offer no prospect for gainful employment. We refuse to fund drug treatment and mental health programs.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:16 am

Why can't politicians simply eulogize the dead at these events and preach later.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:19 am

I didn't hear the gun control part, but I did hear a little of it in my car at lunch. The part I heard was mostly boilerplate stuff, exactly the sort of thing that one would expect to hear at such an event, and should be uncontroversial but won't be because he failed to demonize BLM or blacks in general (thus enraging the right) nor did he demonize the cops (thus enraging the left). THus I guarantee lots and lots of angry facebook posts, editorials, etc, from both sides of the political divide tomorrow
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:28 am

In all fairness, I did hear books were going for 800 in the inner city which means a glock from a pawn store is easier to get for a teenager who isn't old enough to buy one.

I understand hyperbole and it's usage. The idea that inner city kids are going around buying glocks because they can't afford... books seems weird to me. I'm not sure which speechwriter put that in and which ones failed to axe it. When it came up on the teleprompter he read it. He probably thought, "shit... well.. keep reading".

It's a silly thing that pays lip service both to Clinton's portrayal of urban black youths as superpredators and creates a new one where teens can buy handguns.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 am

The part I heard basically distills down to "Things are better in this country, race wise, than they used to be, but bias still exists. Cops are mostly good but are only human and thus can make mistakes or be biased. Protesters who call for harming cops aren't helping anyone."

That SHOULD, as I said, be as bland and inoffensive a message as it is possible to make. But becuase it failed to demonize anyone and decry them as evil in a can, it will just make everyone angrier.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:22 am

You can't please everybody and I don't think he should try to appease the lunatics on the extreme fringe. He definitely shouldn't just parrot BLM rhetoric at a time like this.

"It's easier for a teen to get a Glock than to get a book". Yeah, that's hyperbole.

Perhaps he means that some areas have more gun stores than book stores? It still doesn't follow, but supposedly there are some neighborhoods with lots of payday lenders and liquor stores but no place to buy fresh vegetables. I don't know about the prevalence of gun stores in those same neighborhoods, but maybe he didn't mean the legal sort of gun store. Maybe it's easier to find someone selling crack or other drugs or even illegal guns than a bookstore selling books in certain neighborhoods. Whatever.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:35 am

The quote was exact.

"We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book."

When I read about the Reagan Berlin Wall speech and how much back and forth there was between the writers and aides, it reminds me that the words are often not the President's at all.

This seems like a really dumb comment to get through the process. It didn't say "get a gun", it said "buy a Glock". Teens can't buy handguns. Glocks are a proud product of Georgia and a preferred service pistol for many police department.

Glocks are also though of as the guns of the ghetto for some reason. It is a dog whistle of sorts to use the Glock name there. Homeys buying Glocks and Air Jordans instead of paying their child support. You know the ghetto.

I know it is his last year in office but are the fucking interns writing this shit?