Impeach Trump, already!

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Impeach Trump, already!

Postby Doctor X » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:52 am

According to numerous ESPN and MSNBC personnel, he is a colossal asshole who treats people like shit. Both networks were happy to be rid of him.

So him leaving is like a kidney stone passing.

Imagine if I told you Sean Hannity was threatening to leave the airwaves? Would your celebration prove so primitive Your Waifu sign and gather KodomThe Children to stay with The Uncle who lives under the bridge?

That is how ESPN and MSNBC people responded each time the humorless asshat left.

He--like his PsychoCon Opposite Number Hannity--is What is Wrong With political commentary. Both prove so willfully ignorant and blindly partisan with a hefty dose of Messianic self-righteousness that no one who is not already [CENSORED--Ed.] tentacles wants to agree with them. So if either were the "broken clock" and vomited something accurate, no one other than their catamites would notice.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Barking Mad(tm) knows no political boundaries.

It's a disease. And with your support of just 19 dollars a month ... etc. We'll send you this adorable Barking Mad(tm) throw-rug/shawl/stadium butt warmer, just pay postage and handling. Made in China, but made kosher right here in the USA!USA!!USA!!! by Rabbi Korkendorfer, these are no wasteful hillbilly junk throws/moving blankets, these are the real deal you've seen so much about on the interwebz because you have no life and the attention span of a virus. So act now ferfuckssakes and git 'er done.

Eat that shit skeptics!!!11Eleventy :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 pm

To the Editor:

I am the editor of “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President.” We represent a much larger number of concerned mental health professionals who have come forward to warn against the president’s psychological instability and the dangers it poses. We now number in the thousands.

We are currently witnessing more than his usual state of instability — in fact, a pattern of decompensation: increasing loss of touch with reality, marked signs of volatility and unpredictable behavior, and an attraction to violence as a means of coping. These characteristics place our country and the world at extreme risk of danger.

Ordinarily, we carry out a routine process for treating people who are dangerous: containment, removal from access to weapons and an urgent evaluation. We have been unable to do so because of Mr. Trump’s status as president. But the power of the presidency and the type of arsenal he has access to should raise greater alarm, not less.

We urge the public and the lawmakers of this country to push for an urgent evaluation of the president, for which we are in the process of developing a separate but independent expert panel, capable of meeting and carrying out all medical standards of care.
BANDY X. LEE, NEW HAVEN

The writer is a forensic psychiatrist at the Yale School of Medicine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/opin ... pe=article

Sounds more than a bit political, no?
- new minimalist ethos -

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 pm

ed wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/opin ... pe=article

Sounds more than a bit political, no?

Is TDS is a recognized medical condition yet. I'm pretty sure they've caught it.

Trump could probably sue and win
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwater_v._Ginzburg
Or he can just tweet about it.

ed

Postby ed » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:08 pm

2539.jpg
:twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- new minimalist ethos -

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Obama talked policy with Russia after the election but before he was President:
Despite the bashing they had received in the campaign from John McCain for being soft on Russia, Obama and his advisers decided not to push back against Medvedev. They issued no statement on the record or on background about the Medvedev announcement. Instead, Obama politely returned Medvedev's congratulatory Nov. 8 phone call and laid out for his Russian counterpart his own view of the U.S.-Russia agenda. Aides say Obama and Medvedev discussed substantive issues in the call, but missile defense didn't come up. The Russian President responded positively to Obama's understated reaction. "The Russians were very congratulatory, so it was a good and productive call," says an Obama aide.

Today the MSM is reporting that Mueller is investigating Trump administration contacts with Russia after the election but prior to inauguration as violations of the Logan Act. This is absolute insanity if true, proof positive that the swamp is trying to oust a duly-elected President on trumped-up (ha!) charges. This is banana republic stuff that could spark a civil war, a de facto attempt at a coup by an entrenched government bureaucracy. Shit will hit the fan if Mueller persists in this direction, and it won't be pretty.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:25 pm

According to Legal Minds® after the election the transition team is considered exempt from the Logan act by some legal magic that they are "government employees" or something. It makes sense.

The fact that "this" is after the election just smacks of Mueler looking to indict "somebody" to justify his budget. It is a bit like Stark and Whitewater: of Clinton's two principle accomplices, one died and the other refused to testify under immunity despite sitting about a year in the federal penitentiary.

Then Clinton lied under oath.

In a matter so close to Whitewater it exists in a different plane . . . of . . . existence . . . thing.

Does not matter: there are no "breaks" on the Independent Council.

Why this clown lied to the Vice President then continued the same lies to the FBI? I do not know. I would like to think he had some "good reason," but I am damned if I can find it.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:00 pm

This is what I'm referring to:
Court documents filed Friday show that Flynn did not operate independently in his contacts during the transition with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak - which he then lied about to federal agents.

According to the filings, Flynn consulted with multiple senior Trump officials during the transition. One adviser, described in court documents as a "very senior member" of the transition team, directed Flynn in December to reach out to Kislyak and lobby him about a United Nations resolution on Israeli settlements.
People familiar with the investigation identified the adviser as Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Kushner lawyer Abbe Lowell declined to comment.

Likewise, Flynn spoke to Kislyak about new U.S. sanctions imposed on Russia by President Barack Obama in late December only after discussing the matter with a senior Trump official who had accompanied him on a trip to his private Mar-a-Lago club, according to the documents.

The senior official was Flynn's deputy, K.T. McFarland, according to two people familiar with the conversation. McFarland, who has been nominated to be ambassador to Singapore, did not respond to a request for comment.

Mueller is now expected to explore who knew what in the White House about Flynn's interactions with the Russians - and whether any other Trump aides lied about that knowledge.

Legal experts said Mueller could be looking at whether Trump's team violated a more-than-200-year-old law known as the Logan Act that prohibits private citizens from working with foreign governments against the U.S. government.

Court filings show that Flynn was actively working to undercut Obama's foreign policy before formally entering government, in consultation with other Trump officials.

"It sure looks like this is a Logan Act violation," said Stephen Vladeck, an expert in national security law at the University of Texas.

Fucking insanity that anyone with half a brain would think this is a violation of the Logan Act!

And if that's really the direction Mueller is going it really hilites that he has nothing of substance, this is pure desperation.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:19 pm

This is all speculation from people who aren't part of the investigation. They did not apparently charge Flynn himself with violating the Logan Act.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:50 pm

The Odds of Impeachment Are Dropping
The Atlantic

Fifth stage of grief yet? :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Postby gnome » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 pm

I may be in a minority among Trump's opposition in that I would rather there was no wrongdoing found (aside from boneheads trying to cover up what doesn't need covering).

It leaves the Russian Propaganda business something that we need to address in our information culture, so to speak, rather than being able to point a finger at someone.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

gnome wrote:I may be in a minority among Trump's opposition in that I would rather there was no wrongdoing found (aside from boneheads trying to cover up what doesn't need covering).

It leaves the Russian Propaganda business something that we need to address in our information culture, so to speak, rather than being able to point a finger at someone.

There's no Russian propaganda business in that external influence is nothing new.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

gnome

Postby gnome » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:24 am

Perhaps not; but I think we are currently especially susceptible to it, especially in the social media area, and it would behoove us to find ways to adapt.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 am

No no no no Grammy.

A few thousand dollars in Russian Facebook BS was so diabolically Svengali like that it "Trumped" Hillary's billion dollar legacy media advertising buy. Because Russians really are that clever, as is well known.

Plus Zuck's fault for letting it happen.

Maybe a little bit the fault of Democrats for not regulating Zuck enough.

:)

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:04 am

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:29 am

gnome wrote:Perhaps not; but I think we are currently especially susceptible to it, especially in the social media area, and it would behoove us to find ways to adapt.

What evidence do you have that we are "currently especially susceptible to it"?

Concurrently, are we to dismiss all of these view by some Americans strictly because Russians may have been using some of them for propaganda?

Finally, what are we also to make of the opinion of elected officials from other countries prior to the election; is that not propaganda; are you worried about being especially susceptible to it?
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:29 pm

ed

Postby ed » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:17 pm

I think that that sums it up.
- new minimalist ethos -

gnome

Postby gnome » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:04 pm

According to the image, "Kollinger" is next :P
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Forget what they say — House Democrats are readying for impeachment
The Washington Post

To fill their top spot on the House Judiciary Committee, Democrats had a choice between experts in two critical policy arenas: a constitutional law ace with firsthand experience battling President Trump, and an architect of sweeping immigration legislation.

By a wide margin, they chose the constitutional law expert. Why? To ready themselves for a battle with Trump that could end with impeachment proceedings.

The selection of Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) as the ranking member on Judiciary was the clearest sign yet of how seriously House Democrats consider the possibility of a full-blown constitutional showdown with Trump.

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”